Blocking people actually doesn't block them completely

Discus and support Blocking people actually doesn't block them completely in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Not sure if this belongs in question or discussion but this is the issue, but I really want to get this issue sorted for my brothers sake. My little... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cmdr Blackbird, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Blocking people actually doesn't block them completely

Not sure if this belongs in question or discussion but this is the issue, but I really want to get this issue sorted for my brothers sake.

My little brother plays Xbox One, often with this 'friend' of his. Now this friend in particular is... well... very attached, and often just spams my brother with messages and party invites, even when my brother is playing games with my family, he just doesn't
    seem to get the message. We don't want to report his friend or get him banned, he just doesn't seem to understand that he can't have my brothers attention all the time.

Now my family including me have told my brother that whenever it gets out of hand or he doesn't stop, just block him and add him back later. Sounds simple enough right?

Actually no... you see, there's a flaw in this system. Apparently when you block someone, they can still add you as a friend and this removes the block completely, so the whole thing is just cancelled out! There is literally no other option and often at
    times my brother just avoids his Xbox altogether because of this! I tried adjusting his privacy settings so he can't be added by randoms, but THEN for some reason when I do that then he can't play games with us online or can't use the party chat system when
    we all play games together.

I won't go into full detail about the situation for privacy and security reasons, but that is the issue that we're having. All I know is that both of these systems are flawed and that's actually frightening because it means anyone could abuse this system.

All I'm asking is for Microsoft to please look into the issue, at least the blocking people and having them still able to add you as a friend. If a person wants to unblock you, then that should be up to the person who blocked them, not the other way around.
    It's very a small issue that I'm sure could be solved with a few little tweaks.

He can't just not have him as a friend as it's a very complicated situation that I can't go too deep into. I've dealt with people like this before who claim to be friendly but then just don't leave you alone and I have a policy where I don't bother with
    them.

Again, if someone at Microsoft could please spare sometime to look into this issue, or if anyone has better solutions to this issue, I would be ever so grateful.

:)

Cmdr Blackbird, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Blocking people actually doesn't block them completely

1. Blocking people actually doesn't block them completely - Similar Threads - Blocking actually doesn't

2. Nat type : Open -- server connectivity : Blocked (can't find fix for the blocked) would...

in XBoX on Windows
    Nat type : Open -- server connectivity : Blocked (can't find fix for the blocked) would...: i would love any help i tried this fixes https://support.xbox.com/he-IL/xbox-on-windows/social/server-connectivity-xbox-app-displays-blocked but still nothing its same i can't have a fix for it...
  3. Server Connectivity Blocked (XBOX-app)

in XBoX on Windows
    Server Connectivity Blocked (XBOX-app): Hello, I have this issue, I bought Forza Horizon 4 like a month ago. I had a problem with Teredo, but got it fixed. Now, my XBOX app says 'Server Connectivity Blocked'. Any Help? I really need to...
  4. Blocking system not actually working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blocking system not actually working: Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with the blocking system on Xbox not working correctly. I've blocked numerous people on Xbox (mainly because of Overwatch players...
  5. BLOCKED ACCOUNT

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BLOCKED ACCOUNT: My account has been blocked. I don’t even know why and support does not tell me. He was blocked on July 3. They told me that it will be unlocked on July 17th. But this never happened. I sent the...
  6. Microsoft account temporary blocked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account temporary blocked: Im writting from my another account because my previous is temporary blocked again for no reason, i cant unblock it because i have used all of my available Phone numbers and i dont have another to...
  7. Blocking the console temporarily

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blocking the console temporarily: I wonder if I can block the console of my son from the main account, this as a disciplinary meassure, details I wont bore you with. But either I block it or send it flying thru the window. thanks...
  8. Konto Microsoft tymczasowo zablokowane (Microsoft account temporarily blocked)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Konto Microsoft tymczasowo zablokowane (Microsoft account temporarily blocked): Od kilku miesięcy mam problem z moim kontem microsoft, jest tymczasowo blokowane co jakieś parę dni bez żadnego powodu, nie wysyłam żadnego spamu czy nie używam żadnego spiraconego oprogramowania...
  9. Live gold bloqueado por falta de pago [Translation - Live gold blocked for non-payment]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Live gold bloqueado por falta de pago [Translation - Live gold blocked for non-payment]: Cambie mi tarjeta de débito, pero tengo crédito en mi cuenta de Xbox y no me deja pagar la suscripción de live gold ni el game pass, como puedo pagar estas suscripciones con mi crédito en...
  10. Is Microsoft going to ever do anything to block people who cheat using Xim and other mouse...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Microsoft going to ever do anything to block people who cheat using Xim and other mouse...: Right now Xim users are a plauge in Rainbow Six Siege for Xbox. Ubisoft has stated that using these adapters is against their TOS but they have no way to enforce the ban. Is Microsoft going to...