Blocking people actually doesn't block them completely

Discus and support Blocking people actually doesn't block them completely in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Not sure if this belongs in question or discussion but this is the issue, but I really want to get this issue sorted for my brothers sake. My little... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cmdr Blackbird, Jun 13, 2019 at 12:22 PM.

1. Blocking people actually doesn't block them completely

Not sure if this belongs in question or discussion but this is the issue, but I really want to get this issue sorted for my brothers sake.

My little brother plays Xbox One, often with this 'friend' of his. Now this friend in particular is... well... very attached, and often just spams my brother with messages and party invites, even when my brother is playing games with my family, he just doesn't
    seem to get the message. We don't want to report his friend or get him banned, he just doesn't seem to understand that he can't have my brothers attention all the time.

Now my family including me have told my brother that whenever it gets out of hand or he doesn't stop, just block him and add him back later. Sounds simple enough right?

Actually no... you see, there's a flaw in this system. Apparently when you block someone, they can still add you as a friend and this removes the block completely, so the whole thing is just cancelled out! There is literally no other option and often at
    times my brother just avoids his Xbox altogether because of this! I tried adjusting his privacy settings so he can't be added by randoms, but THEN for some reason when I do that then he can't play games with us online or can't use the party chat system when
    we all play games together.

I won't go into full detail about the situation for privacy and security reasons, but that is the issue that we're having. All I know is that both of these systems are flawed and that's actually frightening because it means anyone could abuse this system.

All I'm asking is for Microsoft to please look into the issue, at least the blocking people and having them still able to add you as a friend. If a person wants to unblock you, then that should be up to the person who blocked them, not the other way around.
    It's very a small issue that I'm sure could be solved with a few little tweaks.

He can't just not have him as a friend as it's a very complicated situation that I can't go too deep into. I've dealt with people like this before who claim to be friendly but then just don't leave you alone and I have a policy where I don't bother with
    them.

Again, if someone at Microsoft could please spare sometime to look into this issue, or if anyone has better solutions to this issue, I would be ever so grateful.

:)

Cmdr Blackbird, Jun 13, 2019 at 12:22 PM
Thema:

Blocking people actually doesn't block them completely

1. Blocking people actually doesn't block them completely - Similar Threads - Blocking actually doesn't

2. Blocking Players

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blocking Players: How come the Blocking System was changed from everything from * Game Play *Communication * And Subject Matter Post To Just Communication and Profile Viewing....
  3. NAT OPEN but, the Server Connectivity is still blocked...

in XBoX on Windows
    NAT OPEN but, the Server Connectivity is still blocked...: [img] Help? Someone? ea54d800-dda2-4a8f-bff6-a9f38e80f637
  4. Teredo is unable to Qualify and Server Connectivity Blocked

in XBoX on Windows
    Teredo is unable to Qualify and Server Connectivity Blocked: Firstly, I just want to say that this is sort of a mix of two problems, that I believe are connected. For roughly the past year and a half, when using the Windows 10 Xbox App, it would tell me...
  5. Find people who blocked you.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Find people who blocked you.: Hello, I came on Xbox the other day and I know who I got as friends on Xbox. But the other day I came on, I instantly noticed that I lost a friend (and) follower. So I was trying to find who...
  6. Block function doesn't work on certain users.

in XboX Insiders
    Block function doesn't work on certain users.: So, this is weird. I have a specific Gamertag that I can't completely "Block". I have tried blocking them from the Dash and the Xbox Apps with no success. When I check the blocked Gamertags list,...
  7. Network Settings are Blocking Party Chat 0x89234020

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network Settings are Blocking Party Chat 0x89234020: I am currently experiencing the above error message when trying to play and chat with ONE SPECIFIC FRIEND on xbox. If this friend is not in the party I do not get this message. If he is in the...
  8. Microsoft account blocked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft account blocked: Hi i forgot my password for my microsoft account. I did not use it to send mails just using it for the game Forza Horizon 4. i tried to reset the password but it gives the xbox option that tells...
  9. Premium content blocked? [Xbox One, BC, MW3]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Premium content blocked? [Xbox One, BC, MW3]: Hi, I’m trying to download the free DLC content required to play COD:MW3 multiplayer on my Xbox One using backwards compatibility. I get the error message “Premium content is blocked for this...
  10. Minecraft command blocks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft command blocks: I sort of have two questions about the same subject. I am sorta new to the command block thing on minecraft bedrock because I now just moved from Xbox 360 and I been working on a adventure map...