Blocking system not actually working

Discus and support Blocking system not actually working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with the blocking system on Xbox not working correctly. I've blocked numerous people... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by V10LET VyX3N, Aug 10, 2019.

1. V10LET VyX3N
    V10LET VyX3N Guest

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with the blocking system on Xbox not working correctly.

I've blocked numerous people on Xbox (mainly because of Overwatch players - the second they find out I'm a female it's SO BAD) because of their abusive and/or sleazy nature and normally that's enough to stop them.

However - about 3-4 nights ago after receiving further abuse I had enough and changed my privacy setting to 'Friends Only' to be able to send me messages or communicate with me in voice chat. After that, I was on Overwatch the other day and couldn't hear
    anyone so I figured that it was fine, that the privacy setting was changed and I was able to game normally.

Cue 8 hours ago (so 3am New Zealand time, 1am Australian (eastern) time) and I receive a message from a user I'd had trouble with in the past. Now I'm concerned. Not only is this individual blocked through the Xbox App (I know he's still blocked because I went
    to his profile and double checked) - he's also never been on my friends list so should also have been stopped from messaging me because of my privacy setting.

Now I could understand if I'd ever been friends with him - even when someone is removed from my own list, I remain on theirs for some reason - but I've NEVER added this person, so I don't know how he's managed to get around two different block systems and was
    still able to message me!

WHY is this not working? As a woman online we're already subject to so much flak, but when the privacy settings change, THAT SHOULD BE IT... no more abuse, no nothing! Please help!

:)

V10LET VyX3N, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Gimpy_P Win User

The blocking issue should be looked into, but you can also help yourself by not reacting or responding to the posts.
  3. V10LET VyX3N Win User

Unfortunately it's one of the great crappy things about being a woman on Overwatch with a high level.. it attracts this type of response.

The messages I sent were prior to the block I put on his tag... my last message to him was a good month or two ago (there's no time stamps unfortunately) - after which point I put the block on him. The 'Hey Hun' has come in *since* the block was put on,
    he's still blocked now so I had to see if someone else was having issues with having blocked people messaging them.
  4. V10LET VyX3N Win User

Hi xbox24ru,

I've just had a big chat with Charivel P. on support and was told that it might have something to do with the current Outage. However, I did say that I'd post the photos of the message onto this thread so it could be investigated more if need be.

The green photo - I've had the user blocked for a long time, so it's not a new thing like it looks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Just to be sure.. are you also blocking them from their Xbox profile? And i agree you shouldn’t have to change your privacy settings or be subject to toxic behavior. Besides blocking, report them too if you feel so inclined.

If you do feel like you need to change your privacy settings you can make it so only Friends can send you messages through Xbox Live.
  6. xbox24ru Win User

Hi there, V10LET VyX3N

Foremost I apologise for any upset caused by this situation, while xbox and microsoft have features in place to stop this occurring it sometimes in rare cases may fail if you have evidence or videos showcasing these features are active and is not working then
    the technical team can look into this further for you and provide you with solutions to rectify this issue.

Player safety is paramount to microsoft and the xbox community I am just sorry this has been going on for sometime and causing you distress and upset in the process, I hope this gets resolved for you.

Kind Regards
Thema:

1. Blocking system not actually working - Similar Threads - Blocking system actually

2. This feature is blocked per your xbox live parental controls.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    This feature is blocked per your xbox live parental controls.: When trying to play online on Forza Horizon 4 I get the error "This feature is blocked per your Xbox Live parental control settings." The thing is, I'm not in a microsoft family. It doesn't make...
  3. Nat type : Open -- server connectivity : Blocked (can't find fix for the blocked) would...

in XBoX on Windows
    Nat type : Open -- server connectivity : Blocked (can't find fix for the blocked) would...: i would love any help i tried this fixes https://support.xbox.com/he-IL/xbox-on-windows/social/server-connectivity-xbox-app-displays-blocked but still nothing its same i can't have a fix for it...
  4. Server Connectivity Blocked (XBOX-app)

in XBoX on Windows
    Server Connectivity Blocked (XBOX-app): Hello, I have this issue, I bought Forza Horizon 4 like a month ago. I had a problem with Teredo, but got it fixed. Now, my XBOX app says 'Server Connectivity Blocked'. Any Help? I really need to...
  5. BLOCKED ACCOUNT

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BLOCKED ACCOUNT: My account has been blocked. I don’t even know why and support does not tell me. He was blocked on July 3. They told me that it will be unlocked on July 17th. But this never happened. I sent the...
  6. Microsoft account temporary blocked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account temporary blocked: Im writting from my another account because my previous is temporary blocked again for no reason, i cant unblock it because i have used all of my available Phone numbers and i dont have another to...
  7. Blocking the console temporarily

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blocking the console temporarily: I wonder if I can block the console of my son from the main account, this as a disciplinary meassure, details I wont bore you with. But either I block it or send it flying thru the window. thanks...
  8. system minimal requirement, on microsoft store block

in XBoX on Windows
    system minimal requirement, on microsoft store block: for your system from microsoft store, one i5 2600 2.7 Ghz beat a i5 6400 2.69 Ghz and give a pop-up message "warning minimum system requirment 4 core 2.69 Ghz" and block the game "state of decay...
  9. The Xbox One Reporting/Blocking System Is BROKEN

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Xbox One Reporting/Blocking System Is BROKEN: I'm not quite sure if this is the correct forum to post this in. However I'd like to get an answer from the Xbox team themselves about this broken mechanic on Xbox Live. So currently on Xbox One...
  10. How does Xbox One Block System works?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does Xbox One Block System works?: Once you Block someone does that stop them from joining your games such Gears of War Ultimate Edition? 0356f83e-8fcc-4b15-8f87-316dd4115eee