Blu Ray App Dead

Discus and support Blu Ray App Dead in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Anybody else have their Blu Ray app completely brick on them with the latest update? Won't even open the app, let alone play a disc; tried uninstalling... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by swooper74, Sep 16, 2016.

1. swooper74
    swooper74 Guest

Blu Ray App Dead

Anybody else have their Blu Ray app completely brick on them with the latest update? Won't even open the app, let alone play a disc; tried uninstalling then reinstalling, power cycling, taking the cartridge out and blowing on it, nothing works.

:)

swooper74, Sep 16, 2016
  2. Kassad
    Kassad Guest
    Play videos on burned discs

I've put a disk in and none of the apps even see the optical blu ray drive let alone any media files on it. The blu ray player app does play media on a blu ray disk that is in the proper blu ray format, but VLC, or even the file explorer app do not even display the optical drive. I can play media on an external drive using VLC.

Kassad, Sep 16, 2016
  3. jessekenyon
    jessekenyon Guest
    Xbox One: Blu-ray and DVD movies

You have to download the Blu-ray player app.

jessekenyon, Sep 16, 2016
  4. edwarelrik Win User

Bluray Player App 0x91d70000

NO pirated blu-ray or burned blu-ray will be read by the app, this is so wrong.
  5. Toxic Raven Win User

My disc dive isn't spining. 0x80820002

Try inserting a Blu Ray disk and see if it prompts you to install the Blu Ray app.
  6. gas passer 7433 Win User

Beta

The menu button on the xbox one media remote does not work in the blu ray app. It will not pull up the blu ray dvd menu. The menu button on the gaming remote will pull up the blu ray menu. Can you notify me when this is resolved. The menu button does work
    every where else except in the blu ray app.
  7. eviltedi Win User

Faulty disc drive. I'm not amused

Is the disc a blu ray ? I read you need to install a blu ray app from the online store.
  8. Boas BS5 Win User

Xbox One worth getting yet?

Does the dead dog support 3d blu ray though??
Thema:

Blu Ray App Dead

1. Blu Ray App Dead - Similar Threads - Blu Ray App

2. Blu Ray Player App Update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu Ray Player App Update: what changed with the update to the blu ray player app that i got on 2/14/2020? 1e6bdb95-a299-42a7-807a-b4b771deda86
  3. Blu-ray and dvd app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-ray and dvd app: Here is the deal very frustrated at this time. My Xbox one is obly 5months old. It was bought mainly for dvd, Blu-ray and 4k movie use. We play a few games but we are huge movie collectors. About...
  4. Blu-ray app issue not letting me watch anything

in XboX Insiders
    Blu-ray app issue not letting me watch anything: Anyone else have a bug where you put a disc in and it recognises it as a Blu-ray but when you get into the app it says that you don't have the hdcp rights management. submitted by /u/kilobravo99...
  5. BLU Ray app malfunctioning on NBA 20K edition One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    BLU Ray app malfunctioning on NBA 20K edition One X: Blu Ray movies I try to play across 2 of these brand new consoles does not work. The movies are artifacting, pixelated, and stuttering. 6930a0be-6906-42a0-8499-44c953b884ac
  6. Issues (screen blinking) with Netflix app and Blu-ray player app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues (screen blinking) with Netflix app and Blu-ray player app?: I have a new xBox one s ans when i go to open netflix or bluray app the screen keeps flickering with gray static. How do i fix this issue? Ive removed and reinstalled the apps with no improvement....
  7. When will Xbox one X Blu-ray player app support Dolby Vision?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When will Xbox one X Blu-ray player app support Dolby Vision?: When will the xbox Blu-ray player app be updated to support dolby Vision? 19445aa1-5aee-4f7f-adfb-b8b07d77186b
  8. Dolby Atmos not working on Apps but working on Blu-Ray discs, Xbox One S

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dolby Atmos not working on Apps but working on Blu-Ray discs, Xbox One S: Set up is LG 65" TV, Xbox One S, Nakamichi 7.2. Xbox is HDMI to Soundbar. I was able to get Dolby Atmos working fine on my Xbox One S (Apocalypse Now Blu-Ray, Dolby Access App, Mad Max Fury Road...
  9. HDR broken on Blu-ray app only?

in XboX Insiders
    HDR broken on Blu-ray app only?: When watching any 4K bluray on the console the picture quality is washed out, and the highlights are completely flat. If I stream something in HDR on an app like disney plus it looks as HDR is...
  10. Any update or info on Dolby Vision coming to discs for the blu-ray app?

in XboX Insiders
    Any update or info on Dolby Vision coming to discs for the blu-ray app?: I know there was talk that they mentioned it a while ago and then people said they actually never said anything officially and the community just spurred it on, but is there any chance it's...