Blu-ray app issue not letting me watch anything

Discus and support Blu-ray app issue not letting me watch anything in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Anyone else have a bug where you put a disc in and it recognises it as a Blu-ray but when you get into the app it says that you don't have the hdcp... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/kilobravo99, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Blu-ray app issue not letting me watch anything

Anyone else have a bug where you put a disc in and it recognises it as a Blu-ray but when you get into the app it says that you don't have the hdcp rights management.

submitted by /u/kilobravo99
    [link] [comments]

/u/kilobravo99, Feb 6, 2020
  2. enyapneb Win User

Blu ray player not working

Snap! Same thing here as well. Since when does my blu-ray player dictate to me when and when can I watch a movie!

Deleted the app thinking there was an update since the latest firmware and now can't even find the blu-ray app in the store?!

Wtf MS! Let's get it sorted
  3. Galactic Geek Win User

XBOX ONE MISSING WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER EXTENDER! VOICE YOUR OPINION FOR CHANGE!

You tried to watch a Blu-Ray with the media player app? That's not what it's for. It's for streaming videos and pictures from your other devices or from a USB. If you wanted to watch a Blu-Ray, all you had to do was download the Blu-Ray app and then put
    the disc in the drive...
  4. Jaykaymon Win User

Xbox One S Blu Ray Player Issues

Is there still a known issue with the blu ray app? I see a Xbox Live alert for it...and I've seen a lot of posts about the 4K/UHD issue, but I am just trying to watch regular blu rays...and it just will not work.
  5. Aidren0205 Win User

BluRay App Poor performance

I had a similar issue and it also made the dashboard run slow and even freeze. I called and was told to uninstall the blu ray app. This fixed the freezing and I could play games. Tried to install blu ray app again and same issue. I was sent a new unit amd
    returned the old one. No issue with new one amd can watch blu rays so far. Hope this helps.
  6. Mister Cerb Win User

Can't watch a DVD without an internet connection?

Hey there Yeti!

An internet connection is not required while watching a DVD. Can you describe what error you're seeing?

If this is the first DVD that you've tried to watch, then it's possible that you haven't downloaded the Blu-Ray Player app, which is required to watch Blu-Rays/DVDs. When you first put a Blu-Ray/DVD in the console, it will automatically prompt you to
    download the app. If you didn't already have it installed and you weren't connected to Xbox Live, then it would give you an error.

Let us know what you're seeing and whether or not you're able to watch a DVD while offline after downloading the Blu-Ray Player app. We'll be standing by to hear back from you! ^_^
Thema:

Blu-ray app issue not letting me watch anything

1. Blu-ray app issue not letting me watch anything - Similar Threads - Blu ray app

2. XBOX digital audio and XBOX Blu Ray app audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX digital audio and XBOX Blu Ray app audio: I think they should add an option on the Xbox that will allow the Xbox to convert 2ch(stereo) audio to fake 5.1 surround. What do you think of that? thanks Jared...
  3. Blu Ray Player App Update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu Ray Player App Update: what changed with the update to the blu ray player app that i got on 2/14/2020? 1e6bdb95-a299-42a7-807a-b4b771deda86
  4. Blu-ray and dvd app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-ray and dvd app: Here is the deal very frustrated at this time. My Xbox one is obly 5months old. It was bought mainly for dvd, Blu-ray and 4k movie use. We play a few games but we are huge movie collectors. About...
  5. BLU Ray app malfunctioning on NBA 20K edition One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    BLU Ray app malfunctioning on NBA 20K edition One X: Blu Ray movies I try to play across 2 of these brand new consoles does not work. The movies are artifacting, pixelated, and stuttering. 6930a0be-6906-42a0-8499-44c953b884ac
  6. Issues (screen blinking) with Netflix app and Blu-ray player app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues (screen blinking) with Netflix app and Blu-ray player app?: I have a new xBox one s ans when i go to open netflix or bluray app the screen keeps flickering with gray static. How do i fix this issue? Ive removed and reinstalled the apps with no improvement....
  7. When will Xbox one X Blu-ray player app support Dolby Vision?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When will Xbox one X Blu-ray player app support Dolby Vision?: When will the xbox Blu-ray player app be updated to support dolby Vision? 19445aa1-5aee-4f7f-adfb-b8b07d77186b
  8. Dolby Atmos not working on Apps but working on Blu-Ray discs, Xbox One S

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dolby Atmos not working on Apps but working on Blu-Ray discs, Xbox One S: Set up is LG 65" TV, Xbox One S, Nakamichi 7.2. Xbox is HDMI to Soundbar. I was able to get Dolby Atmos working fine on my Xbox One S (Apocalypse Now Blu-Ray, Dolby Access App, Mad Max Fury Road...
  9. HDR broken on Blu-ray app only?

in XboX Insiders
    HDR broken on Blu-ray app only?: When watching any 4K bluray on the console the picture quality is washed out, and the highlights are completely flat. If I stream something in HDR on an app like disney plus it looks as HDR is...
  10. Any update or info on Dolby Vision coming to discs for the blu-ray app?

in XboX Insiders
    Any update or info on Dolby Vision coming to discs for the blu-ray app?: I know there was talk that they mentioned it a while ago and then people said they actually never said anything officially and the community just spurred it on, but is there any chance it's...