Blu-ray app issues with 4K

Discus and support Blu-ray app issues with 4K in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Looking through the forums, there has for a long time been issues with the ability of the Blu-ray app to play certain 4K UHD movies. I have encountered... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by lllldkllll, Sep 6, 2019.

1. lllldkllll
    lllldkllll Guest

Looking through the forums, there has for a long time been issues with the ability of the Blu-ray app to play certain 4K UHD movies. I have encountered issues with getting a couple of movies to play on the first try in the past, namely "The Meg" but re-inserting
    the disc, various forms of restarting the console or quitting the Blu-ray app has been able to fix it. Yesterday I purchased "Godzilla: King of the Monsters" and nothing I try will get it to play. I only get error 0x91d70000.

I've tried everything suggested on the support page as a fix twice and spent an hour on the phone.

Other 4K UHD Blu-rays work fine on my Xbox One X as do all my games. I highly suspect the Blu-ray app itself is at fault because of it's history of poor performance. It definitely would not be the first time it is unable to play a particular movie.

MICROSOFT, PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS AND BE PROACTIVE WITH UPDATES FOR THE BLU-RAY PLAYER.

The ability of the console to be a UHD player is a major edge over your competition. Don't ignore it.

:)

lllldkllll, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Mister Beep Win User

4k problems on xbox one s

Hey WILDman260,

Are specifically having this issue with the 4K Blue-Ray version of Oblivion as well? I saw that you mentioned 4K Blu-Rays worked before the update, did you set up your Xbox One S and try a 4K Blu-ray before updating?

Ghostshrimp,

Thanks for posting this up, are there any other Universal Studios 4K Blu-Ray movies that you can try out as well? In the meantime, please try uninstalling the Blu-Ray app, power cycle your Xbox One S console by holding the power button, and then reinstall
    the Blu-Ray app.

Let us know how it goes!
  3. Spyderz Win User

Xbox ONE vs Stand alone Blu Ray!

xbox one "will" support 4k blu-rays in the future. They just haven't announced it when it will. So if you buy 4k blu ray movies they will not play yet on the xbox one. as with standard blu rays I find it only noticeable on larger blu ray tvs. I have
    a 4k 70in tv, the only way I can currently see blu ray formatted shows is on the built in apps in the tv. Mainly Netflix.
  4. Jaykaymon Win User

Xbox One S Blu Ray Player Issues

Is there still a known issue with the blu ray app? I see a Xbox Live alert for it...and I've seen a lot of posts about the 4K/UHD issue, but I am just trying to watch regular blu rays...and it just will not work.
  5. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Xbox One X 4k player Issues on TCL 55P6US

Are you playing these movies from a 4k UHD Blu Ray or streaming service? If from disk, have you updated the Blu Ray player app on the Xbox?
  6. Tmerr-3F41A9FD-D58C- Win User

Blu-ray error (0x91d7000a)

I'm having the same issue and I tried the above "fix" to no avail. After getting the message, the Blu-ray player loads the 4k Blu Ray in 1080 not 4K. I can play it in 1080 but not 4K
Thema:

1. Blu-ray app issues with 4K - Similar Threads - Blu ray app

2. Blu Ray app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu Ray app: Hi, i am having trouble with the blu ray app on my xbox one x. Since the update it will not play any discs and comes up with the error code 0x8027025a , but my game discs work so its not the disc...
  3. Blu-Ray player app totally broken for 3D discs now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray player app totally broken for 3D discs now?: All of the sudden my xbox one is having massive problems reading 3d blurays (sometimes it gets past the menu and freezes, sometimes it just locks. Testes the discs is a standalone 3d player i no...
  4. Requesting small improvement for the Blu-ray app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Requesting small improvement for the Blu-ray app: Hello I'm a sparetime Blu-ray Disc Java developer, creating various projects for Blu-ray, such as videoalbums and games. Since both the PlayStation and Xbox consoles feature a Blu-ray player, it...
  5. Slow video playback on Netflix and blu ray apps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow video playback on Netflix and blu ray apps.: Hi, my xbox one has started to slow down video playback, including both audio and visual. This is occurring whilst watching DVDs and blu-rays using the blu-ray app, and also using Netflix. To fix...
  6. Blu Ray app crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu Ray app crashing: I just updated my xbox one and now it won't play blu rays. The image is way off screen and ultimately the app just closes instead of playing the disc. I've tried with several movies that worked...
  7. Xbox One X Blu-Ray Player App not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Blu-Ray Player App not working: Hi, For the past week, I've been trying to watching movies on my Xbox One X. I got a new 4K TV and streaming works just fine. However, when I put a Blu-Ray Disk in, the app opens and takes too...
  8. Unique Blu Ray App Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unique Blu Ray App Issue: I recently purchased The Poughkeepsie Tapes on Blu-Ray. Upon inserting it in my Xbox One S, I noticed a static like snow appear on the screen. Given that the last time I saw this static was on a...
  9. Blu-ray app always taking "too long to start"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-ray app always taking "too long to start": I have had my Xbox One X for just over a year. From time to time an app would give the message: --- Please Try Again For some reason APPNAME took too long to start. (0x8027025a) --- Whatever...
  10. Is blu-ray player app on xbox one x going to support Dolby Vision?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is blu-ray player app on xbox one x going to support Dolby Vision?: Till now, the only app support dolby vision on xbox is netflix. 326f219d-1f26-4aa6-b0f1-c07e722f4838