Blu-Ray/DVD Player Region Question

Discus and support Blu-Ray/DVD Player Region Question in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a little complicated question and I would like that someone that is really sure about it tell me the correct answer: I am living in Europe:... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jean CarloBeppler, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Blu-Ray/DVD Player Region Question

I have a little complicated question and I would like that someone that is really sure about it tell me the correct answer:

I am living in Europe: Blu-Ray Region "B" and DVD Region 2

I am moving to South America: Blu-Ray Region "A" and DVD Region 4

When I migrate my account, change my console preferences, and bla bla bla...... The region of the Blu-Ray Player will be changed also? Will I be able to play DVD MOVIES
    that I buy there? Or is it like old consoles that I have to sell it here and buy a new one in the new place?

Thank you.

:)

Jean CarloBeppler, Jun 5, 2014
  2. signs
    signs Guest
    signs, Jun 5, 2014
  3. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Xbox One imported from other region

Each Xbox One console is manufactured for a specific Blu-ray and DVD region, following international standards. The Xbox One console can play Blu-ray discs and DVDs that are sold in the same region as the console.

Some Blu-ray discs and DVDs are not region-encoded or are coded to all regions. Region-free Blu-ray discs and DVDs will play on any Xbox One console.

support.xbox.com/.../watch-bluray-dvd-movies

M3tal Daz3, Jun 5, 2014
  4. sniffles x
    sniffles x Guest

The region of the Blu-Ray player is locked and will remain the same. When you change your account region, it's for the store so you can make purchases from the country you are moving to.

You will only be able to play Region B Blu-Rays and Region 2 DVD's. Many Blu-Rays are multi-region and they are easy to get hold of. Some of the ones you already have may be multi-region. Just look for this marking.

http://shop.archus.si/img/cms/Oppo.ABC.Regije.GIF

sniffles x, Jun 6, 2014
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Does anyone know how to watch free region and region 2-8 on xbox one, or unblock region settings for dvds and blu-rays?

Each Xbox One console is manufactured for a specific Blu-ray and DVD region, following international standards. The Xbox One console can play Blu-ray discs and DVDs that are sold in the same region as the console.

Therefore, before purchasing Blu-ray or DVD disc, make sure that the region code on your disc is the same with your Blu-ray or DVD disc player.

For more info: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/apps/watch-bluray-dvd-movies
  6. Kev McCaw Win User

Xbox One Region coding for blu ray and DVD

Ok just to update you guys.

My uk xbox wont play usa standard def region 1 dvds

It will also not play usa blu ray region A dvds

It will play region free blu rays and region B blu rays and region 2 standard def dvds.

So its basically same as a normal uk blu ray player.

I thought there was a rumour that the x1 was region free blu ray. Unless it means the games are region free and playable on any x1

Either way im happy coz ill only be using it as a games console
  7. John Dowding Win User

DVD playback quality is still atrocious.

No I would expect a blu ray player to play DVDs as good as a standalone DVD player. Blu Ray players don't magically improve DVDs. The problem would appear to be that the One blu Ray player doesn't perform well when playing DVDs in comparison to other
    Blu Ray players.
  8. SUPERSOAKERx69 Win User

XBOX and DVD video

The Blu-ray player app allows you to enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies available in your region through your Xbox One console.

Note When you insert a disc for the first time, you’ll see a prompt to install the player app. For more information, see Set up and install
    the Blu-ray and DVD player app
  9. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox One imported from other region

Some Blu-ray discs and DVDs are not region-encoded or are coded to all regions. Region-free Blu-ray discs and DVDs will play on any Xbox One console.

support.xbox.com/.../watch-bluray-dvd-movies
Thema:

1. Blu-Ray/DVD Player Region Question - Similar Threads - Blu Ray DVD

2. Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards: I was wondering why only certain 3D Discs get rejected by my Xbox One, but play perfectly fine on my Playstaiton 3. I would tewast dad's 3D + 4KD + network TV player upstairs but it doesn't have...
  3. Blu Ray/DVD leads to static and flickering

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu Ray/DVD leads to static and flickering: I'm having issues with playing DVDs or Blu Rays on my Xbox X. My games work just fine, but once I insert a DVD with the Blu Ray app on, the display starts flickering, switching between static,...
  4. How to disable screen dimming when watching DVD or Blu-ray

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to disable screen dimming when watching DVD or Blu-ray: I have had an xbox one s for a couple years and used it regularly to watch movies without any trouble. I just got an xbox on x and now the screen dims while watching a movie. I have tried changing...
  5. Blu-Ray DVD Player App Not Reading Disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray DVD Player App Not Reading Disc: Hi! Hope you all had a good Christmas/New Year! Anyway, since a lot of you fellow Xbox users are probably a lot more knowledgeable about it than I am, I need some help. I recently got a new movie...
  6. DVD not working/games and Blu Ray do

in XBoX on Consoles
    DVD not working/games and Blu Ray do: My Xbox One S previously quit playing DVD’s but still plays Blu Ray and games. This happened after the latest update. I get error code 0x91d70000 and I’ve talked to a representative and tried...
  7. Xbox One X will play Blu-Ray and Games but not DVD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X will play Blu-Ray and Games but not DVD: I am having an issue with my new console in that while game disc and Blu-Ray disc will play no trouble at all, DVD's will only flick a brief snip of video and sound every few seconds. Have checked...
  8. Video/photo files from dvd/blu ray

in XBoX on Consoles
    Video/photo files from dvd/blu ray: Hi Guys Is it possible to read video/photo files from Blu Ray/DVD data disks, like it can be done from a USB drive? media player doesn't find the disk with the files on it. Regards Gary...
  9. 4K UHD Black Panther Blu-Ray DVD

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K UHD Black Panther Blu-Ray DVD: hiya all Bought Black Panther 4K dvd, won’t working on blu-Ray app?! Only blu-ray film is ok but not 4K?! Can you explain me why? I’ve resets Xbox x and still same!...
  10. DVD/Blu-ray player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DVD/Blu-ray player: Hi, having major problems trying to get a purchased dvd disc to play on my Xbox one X, had to eject it and insert it into my PlayStation 4 which plays it without issue. Have since been reading the...