Blu-ray playback is completely broken in Beta Build. Xbox One X

Discus and support Blu-ray playback is completely broken in Beta Build. Xbox One X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Anyone have information on what's wrong with Blu-ray playback? submitted by /u/QueefingQuailman [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/QueefingQuailman, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Blu-ray playback is completely broken in Beta Build. Xbox One X

/u/QueefingQuailman, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Red264 Win User

The Xbox One S 4K Blu-Ray Player Is A Disaster...Good Job!!

There are a number of AV issues with the Xbox One S/X and UHD Blu-ray playback, your guess is as good as mine if they will be fixed.

Certain UHD titles are broken and will not play.

Dolby Atmos is unreliable.

4K AV receiver HDMI handshaking issues.

Image quality issues, the wrong color matrix being used in Blu-ray playback (see review comparison

in link
    ).

They could have broken something on the One S in their rush to fix the broken Blu-ray HDR on the One X with the 10.0.16299.4037 that includes said HDR fix.
  3. Jon - G35Guy Win User

XBox One - Blu Ray 3D

4. User 9242019 Win User

3D blu-ray

All Blu-ray players use software for playback. It is called firmware and generally is user updateable. The Xbox One is a proper Blu-ray player that has issues at the moment. Lip sync and no 3D playback among them.
  5. WillSmithVXR Win User

3D blu-ray

[quote user="Jayadub"]

All Blu-ray players use software for playback. It is called firmware and generally is user updateable. The Xbox One is a proper Blu-ray player that has issues at the moment. Lip sync and no 3D playback among them.

[/quote]

I don't need to download an app to use my Blu-ray player and it updates its own firmware.
  6. SHALPATEL Win User

Can add me into Bitstreaming Pass-through Invitation?

download the insider preview hub app. Once your xbox one is added to the preview program, you can update it. Its in beta but the bitstreamING pass-through works for both blu-ray and 4k blu-ray discs. Dolby Atmos audio playback definitely works on both formats
    now. Not sure if DTS:X outputs or not as I haven't tried the one DTS:X movie that I have on the Xbox one.
Thema:

Blu-ray playback is completely broken in Beta Build. Xbox One X

1. Blu-ray playback is completely broken in Beta Build. Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Blu ray playback

2. Blu-ray playback on the Xbox One X is absolutely atrocious. Glitches and freezes a and...

in XboX Insiders
    Blu-ray playback on the Xbox One X is absolutely atrocious. Glitches and freezes a and...: First of all, it's hilarious I had to repost this because AutoMod removes posts for being too short. Now onto the problem: $500 Xbox One X can't even play Blu-ray discs. Yes I have the app. Yes I...
  3. No blu ray hdr playback

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No blu ray hdr playback: Please help. I have just purchased my first 4k uhd blu ray disk. It will not play in hdr mode. My games play in hdr mode. Also Amazon prime video plays ok in hdr. When you go into the checklist in...
  4. One X doesn't switch to 1080p24 for blu ray playback

in XboX Insiders
    One X doesn't switch to 1080p24 for blu ray playback: Non-UHD 2D discs play back at 4K, and 3D discs playback at 1080p (30 or 60, my TV only reports when it's 24). I'm on the July 26 build. submitted by /u/rbronco21 [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards: I was wondering why only certain 3D Discs get rejected by my Xbox One, but play perfectly fine on my Playstaiton 3. I would tewast dad's 3D + 4KD + network TV player upstairs but it doesn't have...
  6. Slow video playback on Netflix and blu ray apps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow video playback on Netflix and blu ray apps.: Hi, my xbox one has started to slow down video playback, including both audio and visual. This is occurring whilst watching DVDs and blu-rays using the blu-ray app, and also using Netflix. To fix...
  7. Xbox One X Blu-ray: HDR will not display during 4K movie playback

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X Blu-ray: HDR will not display during 4K movie playback: Issue: Any 4K movie played on Xbox One X Blu-ray app shows washed out colors in movie and on Xbox Dashboard menu during playback Currently having an issue with the Blu-ray app and HDR colors for...
  8. 4K Blu-ray playback issues on One S and One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    4K Blu-ray playback issues on One S and One X: Since all of the old thread seem to have been purged: I have problems playing certain 4K Blu-ray discs on my XBox One S, the most recent being Ready Player One. Several family members have Ones...
  9. cannot playback blu ray in parent account after switching from child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot playback blu ray in parent account after switching from child account: Blu Ray player won't play PG movie after switching into a (password protected) parent account. Only when i log off from the child account it works. There is no associated help or troubleshooting...
  10. 4K Blu-ray playback on 1440p menu issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    4K Blu-ray playback on 1440p menu issue: Hey everybody, I'm not sure if this has been answered but I couldn't find a solution, so apologies if it has. I've got my One X connected to my 1440p monitor outputting at that resolution. Games...