Blu-ray Player App Crashes constantly with a recent 4K disc.

Discus and support Blu-ray Player App Crashes constantly with a recent 4K disc. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi there! I was trying to watch the recent Mask of Zorro 4K disc and after choosing the language the player stops responding to button commands,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Gogeta149, May 12, 2020.

1. /u/Gogeta149
    /u/Gogeta149 Guest

Hi there!

I was trying to watch the recent Mask of Zorro 4K disc and after choosing the language the player stops responding to button commands, freezes and at the end it crashes the app, returning me to the Dashboard, I don't know if the app requires a new update because I tried with other recent discs from the same company (Bad Boys for Life) and no a single issue there.

Any idea if there's an update coming?

Thanks for your time!!

submitted by /u/Gogeta149
    [link] [comments]

/u/Gogeta149, May 12, 2020
  2. ticklemellama18 Win User

Xbox One X Blu Ray Issues

Yeah I'm having problems with my Blu Ray player as well. I don't have a 4K TV mind you, but I wanted to watch Wonder Woman on my Xbox at least. I have the 4K Blu Ray and non 4K Blu Ray. I tried both and whenever I inserted them, the Xbox began whirring,
    and then the Blu Ray player App opens with it's opening screen, and then all of a sudden it crashes and takes me back to home. To top it off, the Youtube app crashes everytime I open it! AND to finish it off, I can't purchase anything, even after I took off
    my billing info and put it back! Anyone help would be appreciated. :(
  3. smileskybird Win User

bluray 3d

You need an HDTV which supports Blu-ray 3D?.... . Xbox 1S and Xbox Scorpio, will have 4k Blu-ray disc player.
  4. Qwertei Win User

My 4K HDR Movie doesn't work!

Hey there mind if i jump in here!

As i am aware not all HDR / 4K supported movies work on the Xbox one S at the moment (Some bug out as you mentioned while others crash the Blu-ray app) first lets head over to the settings - Disc & Blu-ray - Blu-Ray - Persistent storage - Clear persistent
    storage

As well double check if your settings are correct for full Blu-ray playback.
  5. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Xbox One X 4k player Issues on TCL 55P6US

Are you playing these movies from a 4k UHD Blu Ray or streaming service? If from disk, have you updated the Blu Ray player app on the Xbox?
  6. Slder9150 Win User

XBOX ONE X used as a Blu Ray player band Dolby Vision

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you tell me if support for 4K HDR Dolby Vision for the Blu Ray player is a recent firmware update? The reason I ask is that all the info and reviews I have read say that the Blu Ray player only supports 4K UHD and not 4K
    HDR Dolby Vision. Thanks again.
Thema:

1. Blu-ray Player App Crashes constantly with a recent 4K disc. - Similar Threads - Blu ray Player

2. Blu-ray Player Not Installing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-ray Player Not Installing: Hi everyone, I'm having some trouble here. I try to keep everything on my Xbox One S updated and running properly. The Blu-ray app said it needed an update so I tried to update it. After about an...
  3. Dolby Vision on Xbox One X Blu-ray player.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Vision on Xbox One X Blu-ray player.: Hi This may have been answered but I'll ask again, does anyone know if or when the One X will get Dolby Vision on the Blu-ray player. I know it supports DV via streaming services. I've got the...
  4. Blu ray player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blu ray player: Recently replaced the tv for excactly same one as before but it wont let me play dvds on my console which ive previously watched on my console.have also tried another tv keep getting same error...
  5. Blu-ray player won't work on Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-ray player won't work on Xbox One S: Hi everyone, My blu-ray player will no longer work on my Xbox One S. It worked yesterday evening and when i returned to it two hours later it would no longer work. I got the following message:...
  6. Blu ray disc player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blu ray disc player: Why haven't Microsoft sorted this dvd situation out yet? The xbox one s blu ray has never worked for me yet they continue to sell broken hardware all it does is start up then the screen flickers...
  7. Dolby Vision Blu-ray Disc Player

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision Blu-ray Disc Player: Is there intent to have Dolby Vision through the Blu-ray app eventually? Should everyone be reporting this as an "issue" in the meantime? My understanding is nothing is "broken" necessarily, it...
  8. Any quick fix actions for the blu-ray player "Error 0x91d700a" on XboxOneS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any quick fix actions for the blu-ray player "Error 0x91d700a" on XboxOneS: Ive had this happen multiple times in past few weeks. Ive unplugged cables and reset power too many times. i eventually reset the whole device this weekend to get it to play discs again and here I...
  9. XBOX ONE X used as a Blu Ray player band Dolby Vision

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX ONE X used as a Blu Ray player band Dolby Vision: I was looking for a new Blu Ray player that supports 4K HDR and Dolby Vision playback with 4K HDR Dolby Vision Blu Ray disc's. The salesman at Best Buy suggested than instead of buying a dedicated...
  10. My Xbox one Blu-ray player no longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one Blu-ray player no longer works: I have my xbox one in my bedroom and never had a problem before playing blu ray discs. But then I wanted to watch a blu ray movie in my living room, so I had moved my xbox one into the living room...