Blu-Ray player fragmenting/Skipping

Discus and support Blu-Ray player fragmenting/Skipping in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys looking for some help Was watching Mary Poppings Returns last night with the Kids and at around the 1hr 10min mark the picture starts... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sgt Wilco, May 8, 2019.

1. Sgt Wilco
    Sgt Wilco Guest

Hi guys looking for some help

Was watching Mary Poppings Returns last night with the Kids and at around the 1hr 10min mark the picture starts fragmenting/skipping/freezing and all round generally messing up, it was a new Blu-Ray so the disk is in perfect condition.

I tried it on 2 other Blu-Rays (Black Panther and Big Hero 6) and had the same problem at around the same time 1hr 10min mark.

I’ve un-installed and re-installed the Blu-Ray player and also cleared the cache on the Blu-Ray player too.

Is this a Hardware problem or a Software problem?

cheers for any help in advance

:)

Sgt Wilco, May 8, 2019
  2. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

Are you in the preview program? That could be the issue, as there are bugs that pop up while your console uses that program. But it does sound like its the app, you’ve uninstalled & installed the app again. Also cleared the Blu Ray cache. There is a setting
    for BD Live, try turning that off, another thing to try is a blu ray cleaner. I’ve heard this does help, sometimes. Hope this helps you out.
  3. LFC JAY E 9193 Win User

Hello, Jay here a Xbox gamer.

Please could you follow this link below for help on you disc issue.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/game-installation-process-stops

Please, do the following:
    - Press the menu key of the controller.
    - Go to Settings > Disc & Blu-Ray.
    - In the BLU-RAY section select "Persistent Storage".
    - Select "Clear persistent storage".
    Please restart your console after!!

Hope that helps
  4. Major Angry Win User

4K?

The Xbox One is a terrible Blu-Ray player, Lip Sync issues and disc skipping. So much for the all in One device.
  5. mabster Win User

Xbox One Playback Woes

I've tried watching a couple of different Blu-ray discs recently, and it's just awful. Skips a frame every five or ten seconds. Microsoft finally fixed the audio sync issue but this still makes Blu-ray discs unwatchable.

I really thought that the Xbox One would be replacing my old Blu-ray player and obviating any need to buy a new one, but that's obviously not the case. Will be upgrading my stand alone player now. :(
  6. John Dowding Win User

DVD playback quality is still atrocious.

No I would expect a blu ray player to play DVDs as good as a standalone DVD player. Blu Ray players don't magically improve DVDs. The problem would appear to be that the One blu Ray player doesn't perform well when playing DVDs in comparison to other
    Blu Ray players.
Thema:

1. Blu-Ray player fragmenting/Skipping - Similar Threads - Blu Ray player

2. Blu-ray player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-ray player: Hi. When trying to play Blu-ray or UHD disc the display starts flickering. I have clearer the persistent storage Power cycled the console Reinstall the bluray app Any ideas? Thank you...
  3. Issues (screen blinking) with Netflix app and Blu-ray player app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues (screen blinking) with Netflix app and Blu-ray player app?: I have a new xBox one s ans when i go to open netflix or bluray app the screen keeps flickering with gray static. How do i fix this issue? Ive removed and reinstalled the apps with no improvement....
  4. Not getting anywhere with troubleshooting error message: Blu-Ray player took too long to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not getting anywhere with troubleshooting error message: Blu-Ray player took too long to...: Hi, I've been experiencing this common problem with the blu-ray app failing to start on my Xbox one x. This affects blur-ray movies, 4k movies and games. All of them are eventually failing in the...
  5. When will Xbox one X Blu-ray player app support Dolby Vision?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When will Xbox one X Blu-ray player app support Dolby Vision?: When will the xbox Blu-ray player app be updated to support dolby Vision? 19445aa1-5aee-4f7f-adfb-b8b07d77186b
  6. Blu-Ray Player Error code (0x91d7000a)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray Player Error code (0x91d7000a): Recently my Xbox ones bluray player has quit working. It comes up with this message: Disc Stopped. Make sure your TVs HDMI input supports HDCP rights management. If not try plugging your Xbox into...
  7. Blu-Ray player app regularly taking too long to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray player app regularly taking too long to start: I keep getting problems with the Blu Ray player app on our X-Box One X. We were watching a DVD on Sunday and it was fine. Stopped it part-way through to finish watching it the next day. The DVD...
  8. Blu ray player with audio in the movie

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blu ray player with audio in the movie: Hello I having a major while playing any DVD or blu ray dis,only occurs in the movie itself,previews & others things r fine with audio until movie starts,checked my settings & even contacted xbox...
  9. Xbox One Blu Ray Player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Blu Ray Player: It would be great if we could standardize video controls across multiple video related apps, especially the Xbox blu ray player. The controls are extremely awkward vs most popular streaming video...
  10. Blu-Ray player app totally broken for 3D discs now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray player app totally broken for 3D discs now?: All of the sudden my xbox one is having massive problems reading 3d blurays (sometimes it gets past the menu and freezes, sometimes it just locks. Testes the discs is a standalone 3d player i no...