Bluetooth controller won't reconnect to computer after the controller turns off?

Discus and support Bluetooth controller won't reconnect to computer after the controller turns off? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So when my controller turns itself off (after I'm not sure how long) while I'm making myself a sandwich, or something, I come back and it won't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by XiumPrimordium, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Bluetooth controller won't reconnect to computer after the controller turns off?

So when my controller turns itself off (after I'm not sure how long) while I'm making myself a sandwich, or something, I come back and it won't reconnect to my laptop, which is still on and my game is even still open and running. Is there some sort of fix to this? The only thing I've found to work is restarting my computer and re-pairing my controller; since I can't un-pair and re-pair the controller or else my whole Settings window stops working.

:)

XiumPrimordium, Feb 19, 2021
  2. RichardW27 Win User

Cannot reconnect xbox controller to Windows 10 PC

Thanks for the help, it seems to be working OK now. I ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter and it said that it fixed something. Then I removed the controller from the Bluetooth menu, turned all the other Bluetooth devices off and restarted the computer. Then
    I re-paired the controller, turned it off then on again and it connected. And to answer your first question, it has worked normally before, but it has been a while since I last used the controller via Bluetooth with this computer.
  3. Anxiiousiy Win User

Xbox Controller

My Xbox Wireless Controller won't connect to my Bluetooth at all but it connects by USB to my computer, it also flashes when I click the pairing button and my Bluetooth is turned on, whenever I go to the pair devices and try to pair the Xbox controller
    it doesn't show up. Is there a way I can reset the controller without the console?
    Its suppose to flash when pairing also what are you trying to pair it to
  4. Aramadata Win User

Xbox One controller via Bluetooth

Hi Aracely,

So far none of your ideas worked, the best one was the Updates and Security troubleshooting but with the same results: when the controller is turned off it can't connect back, at least not immediately but after some time tries (disconnecting and reconnecting
    through the bluetooth wizard is faster). Now, I'm trying to uninstall the bluetooth device and see what happens. And for more information: I'm using a Hama bluetooth adapter 4.0. During gameplay there is no problem with the controller.

Thanks,

Adam
  5. jlewery Win User

Windows 10 Game Bar does not recognise my Elite Controller (Windows detects it and games work fine)

I am having the same issue with a normal Xbox One controller connected via bluetooth. Worked fine until yesterday and now the game bar won't open when I press the Xbox button. As above, will open with WIN+G.

Have tried resetting the app and reconnecting the controller but to no avail.

The controller works fine otherwise and can be turned on/off with the Xbox button so don't see it being an issue with the button itself.
  6. JoshuaDyer1 Win User

Xbox One S controller not repairing via Bluetooth.

It says the latest drivers are already installed. Again, I want to emphasize that the controller WILL connect through Bluetooth without a problem, it just won't reconnect without removing the device and setting it up again.
Thema:

Bluetooth controller won't reconnect to computer after the controller turns off?

1. Bluetooth controller won't reconnect to computer after the controller turns off? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth controller won't

2. Xbox Series X/S wireless controller won't connect to bluetooth no matter what I do

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X/S wireless controller won't connect to bluetooth no matter what I do: Yes you read that title correctly, I already did whatever step there is known to man. But this controller, which is just 3 months old, just decided to stop connecting to any devices via Bluetooth....
  3. Xbox series 2 controller on PC Bluetooth was working, now won't

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series 2 controller on PC Bluetooth was working, now won't: I have an Xbox series 2 controller I've been using on PC via bluetooth for awhile. yesterday I connected back to my xbox one x for a day and now it won't connect to my PC. Things to take note:...
  4. Xbox Series S controller won't connect to Windows 10 with Bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S controller won't connect to Windows 10 with Bluetooth: I have two Xbox Series X|S controllers. One of which won't connect with Bluetooth to a Windows 10 PC, the other will. The white controller that came with my, launch day, Xbox Series will not...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller 2 pairs via Bluetooth to PC but won't connect

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller 2 pairs via Bluetooth to PC but won't connect: I received my new Xbox Elite wireless controller 2 few days ago and I had no problem pairing it to my PC via Bluetooth. The problem though is that after it worked the 1st time, now when I turn it...
  6. Xbox One Controller Bluetooth Won't Connect to PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller Bluetooth Won't Connect to PC: Hello, I've recently run into an issue with my xbox controllers not being able to connect to my new PC. It was working just fine for a week since I've built the PC and then all of a sudden it...
  7. Xbox Series Controller won't connect to PC's Bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series Controller won't connect to PC's Bluetooth: I don't know if this belongs here, but my new Series Controller just arrived today, and even though it runs perfectly while plugged into the pc with a USB-C, it doesn't want to connect to my pc's...
  8. XBox Controller won't connect with Bluetooth after connecting with USB

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Controller won't connect with Bluetooth after connecting with USB: After connecting my Xbox One wireless controller to my pc, it requires a complete re-pair to get it to connect wirelessly. This happens consistently. I have already made sure that all drivers,...
  9. Xbox Elite 2 controller won't connect to PC after changing bluetooth receiver, can't remove...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite 2 controller won't connect to PC after changing bluetooth receiver, can't remove...: Hi! I have been using my controller (second gen xbox elite controller) with difficulties because of how it can sometimes have difficulties connecting over bluetooth to win10, but it worked well...
  10. XBox Controller won't connect with Bluetooth after connecting with USB

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Controller won't connect with Bluetooth after connecting with USB: Hello, This issue have been reported many times but the thread get closed so posting again. I have a persistent issue with using my Xbox One Controller on my Windows 10 computer with a play and...