Bluetooth issue with Xbox Series S/X wireless controller

Discus and support Bluetooth issue with Xbox Series S/X wireless controller in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a used, out of warranty Xbox controller to save some money. I can connect it to my PC with Bluetooth just fine, but if the controller... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/BolSadguy, Jan 8, 2022.

1. /u/BolSadguy
    /u/BolSadguy Guest

Hello,

I bought a used, out of warranty Xbox controller to save some money. I can connect it to my PC with Bluetooth just fine, but if the controller falls asleep due to inactivity it cannot connect again, the Xbox button just flashes slowly. I check Bluetooth settings on my PC and it just shows the controller as Paired and I dont see any way to force a connection. I tried pressing the sync button to put the controller in pairing mode, but that doesn't do anything. I try unpairing the controller to try and pair it again, but my PC just says "Try connection your device again". At this point the only way I've found to get it working again is to restart my PC, which will the suddenly allow me to pair the controller again.This is obviously a major inconvenience just for letting the controller fall asleep and I don't understand what's going on. I tried posting about this on the Xbox support forum and they gave me a bunch of tips that didnt work involving Windows updates and then redirected me here.

So tl;dr heres the sequence of events for the issue:

1. Pair controller to windows pc via Bluetooth and it works. Awesome!

2. I go to the bathroom/walk my dog/make dinner/whatever, but I'm gone for too long and the controller falls asleep due to inactivity

3. I press the Xbox button to try and wake up the controller. It wakes up (slow flashing Xbox button) but does not reconnect to my PC. Bluetooth settings says its Paired.

4. Try putting the controller in pairing mode again (fast flashing Xbox button), nothing happens.

5. Try unpairing the controller, then pairing it again. No issues unpairing, but Windows fails to pair to it a second time, just saying "Try connecting your device again".

6. I restart my PC which then allows me to pair it again, and become annoyed that I had to do that just because I was away from the controller for a few minutes.

Any tips are appreciated. I considered buying the Xbox wireless adapter with the money I saved from buying the controller used, but 1) I can't find one anywhere in stock in Canada, and 2) Clearly there's something wrong with either the PC or the controller, it'd be better long term to try and fix it instead of just finding a way around it.

Also for the record, this used controller had several issues (stick drift, sticky buttons, etc) that I did open the controller up to fix myself, but this Bluetooth issue existed before I opened it so rest assured this did not occur because of my repair. As the controller was out of warranty when I bought it anyway, I had no problems with opening it since MS wouldn't have been able to take care of anyway.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/BolSadguy
    [link] [comments]

/u/BolSadguy, Jan 8, 2022
  2. Panno92 Win User

Bluetooth Controls Compatibility with Xbox One S All Digital (Compatibilidade de Controles Bluetooth com o Xbox One S All Digital)

Yes, because all the official xbox one controllers are compatible with all xbox one consoles (original, S, S all digital & X) and even with the future Series X. All the xbox one controllers have the wireless protocol, the newer versions of the controller
    have also the bluetooth but it is not used to communicate with the xbox one consoles.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

Hi,

The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Adapter Xbox 360 for PC and new controller.

Hi,

I’m Killing Skids

The Answer Is Yes as Long As it has Bluetooth or wireless connection
    Hi,

That's not quite right. Apologies for quoting you.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless technology, it's not Bluetooth and the old adaptors won't work with a modern controller like the Xbox One or Series X|S controllers.

Unlike Xbox 360 wireless controllers, Xbox One and Series controllers can also be connected via USB cable. Old Xbox One controllers use Micro USB, Series Controllers are USB C.

To use an Xbox One/ Series controller via wireless on a PC and get basic functionality, all you need to do is connect the controller via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth then you'll need to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle, they're very cheap, less than $10. I'm from the UK and I connect my Series X controller to my PC via BT dongle I purchased from Amazon for about £5.

For extra wireless features you'll need the Xbox One Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10. Unfortunately, the official Microsoft branded adaptors are now quite rare.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Adaptador Windows para controle Xbox Series S/X

Hello,

There isn't a specific adaptor for the Series X/S controllers for PC. The current adaptor works just fine with these newer controllers, however it is now in very short supply. There are third party ones available that do the same thing.

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers use a different WIFI protocol, they need their own Xbox 360 wireless Gaming Receiver.

Xbox One and Series X/S controllers can be connected to PC via Bluetooth, but headsets will only work with the Xbox One adaptor (or a third party version), they won't work when the controller is connected via BT
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Bluetooth keyboard on Xbox Series X/S?

It won't work, as the bluetooth dongle will not work on the Series X|S as the console does not support the bluetooth adapter. If you want to use a keyboard on the console, then you will need a wired keyboard or a wireless keyboard that is not bluetooth.
Thema:

1. Bluetooth issue with Xbox Series S/X wireless controller - Similar Threads - Bluetooth issue Series

2. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Bluetooth Connection Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Bluetooth Connection Issues: I just recently got a Elite Series 2 Controller and was looking forward to using it wirelessly with my PC running Windows 11. I am able to connect it fine over bluetooth but once i get into a game...
  3. Xbox Controller Elite Series 2 PC Bluetooth Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Elite Series 2 PC Bluetooth Issues: Hi, I just bought a new controller to play on Windows 10. However, after connecting it, updating firmware, and getting all Windows updates it is making my games freeze and stutter, while the...
  4. Xbox Series X controller + CSR 4.0 bluetooth issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X controller + CSR 4.0 bluetooth issue: I have bought a CSR 4.0 bluetooth adapter for my windows 10 PC to connect a series x wireless controller for as far as I know the controller uses bluetooth version 4.0. -The bluetooth adapter can...
  5. Multiple Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues - PC Bluetooth Mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues - PC Bluetooth Mode: I’m having several issues with my Series 2 controller, especially while connected through Bluetooth. Running current version of Windows 11 with updated controller firmware. All drivers up to...
  6. Elite series 2 Bluetooth issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 Bluetooth issues: I've recently purchased an elite 2 controller and while it works beautifully plugged directly I've encountered a strange issue. pressing the A button acts as though I'm pressing the centered Xbox...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues (works wired but not over bluetooth)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues (works wired but not over bluetooth): Looks to be a common issue according to Reddit. Whenever I unplug my controller it stops working. The first step to even get it to recognize the device after being unplugged is to go into...
  8. Xbox series X controller Bluetooth issue on android and PC platforms

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X controller Bluetooth issue on android and PC platforms: After updating my controller to the newest firmware it no longer pairs to any android device or PC which has a bluetooth 4.0 adapter, the device is able to be seen on both but refuse to pair no...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller bluetooth pc connection issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller bluetooth pc connection issues: I have a Elite Series 2 controller that I've been using on PC for about a year. Its always randomly disconnected from Bluetooth during gameplay, and i would have to go to BT settings, forget the...
  10. Is Xbox x series controller bluetooth connectivity issue with PC solved?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is Xbox x series controller bluetooth connectivity issue with PC solved?: Is anyone else facing bluetooth connectivity issues with PC. My xbox x series controller (shock blue) keeps on disconnecting from my laptop while playing games. It works fine when i connect it...