Bonfire Ascetic not working?

Discus and support Bonfire Ascetic not working? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to use the bonfire ascetic in The Lost Basille but every time I try to burn it I get a message saying "First, defeat The Lord of this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by makidigital, Mar 26, 2014.

1. makidigital
    makidigital Guest

I'm trying to use the bonfire ascetic in The Lost Basille but every time I try to burn it I get a message saying "First, defeat The Lord of this quarter.." I killed the Flexile Sentry and Belfry Gargoyles too. I don't think there are any other bosses connected
    to this place. Anyone got this to work yet? A bug maybe?

:)

makidigital, Mar 26, 2014
  2. METALI0N
    METALI0N Guest
    Infinite twinkling titanite.

Go to the bonfire next to the memory that has the giant lord in it. Go into the memory and get the bonfire ascetic, use the feather or homeward bone or spell to get back to the last bonfire visited. Next drop off the ledge just infront of the memory there
    is a body with 2 twinkling titanite hanging off a wooden ledge collect the titanite warp back to the bonfire then enter the memory. Kill the giant lord when hes dead use the bonfire ascetic in this area and repeat everything again the twinkling titanite is
    back and so is the giant lord so you gain a massive amount of souls and the titanite every time you do this.

METALI0N, Mar 26, 2014
  3. SOB Buliwyf
    SOB Buliwyf Guest
    Bonfire Ascetics Advice please

Thx a lot. I was thinking you could ascetic all the bonfires to get all the items, and just stay in NG with an outragously high level, but I can kinda forsee you whould quickly run into a problem with youre soul-memory becomming too high to find anyone to
    summon. what do you think R3dPO1nt? Better to just go strait to NG+, or be very selective about the items you pick up, and the bonfires you ascetic? I should probable Consult the Wiki-guide to make sure I picked up the right items, and awoided that my SM goes
    up too much

SOB Buliwyf, Mar 26, 2014
  4. R3d P01nt
    R3d P01nt Guest

Which bonfire are you trying to burn it at? Which boss and area are you trying to up to NG+? If it's the gargoyles, you need to burn it at the bonfire after fighting them. If it's the Ruin Sentinals (Flexile Sentry is the boss for No Man's Wharf, not
    Lost Bastille) then you probably have to burn it at one of the bonfire leading up to the boss. If you're trying to burn it at Servant's Quarters, you may have to kill the Lost Sinner first, since he's the next boss after that bonfire.

Check this page:
    http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Bonfire+Ascetic#.UzQBGPldUk0

The wiki indicates that Ruin Sentinals is McDuff's bonfire. I don't know if either of the other 2 would work as well.

R3d P01nt, Mar 27, 2014
  5. R3d P01nt Win User

Really, the only use for them is to obtain items from the next new game cycle without going into the next new game cycle. For instance, if you're playing a pyromancer build, using an ascetic in the Saltfort to kill the Last Sinner is beneficial, because
    it allows you to get the soul item you need to trade with Straid for Flame Weapon (and the red phantoms won't spawn if you use ascetics). Or, if you're trying to farm an item that doesn't drop, you can ascetic the area and get more opportunities to farm that
    item. There's actually a technique you can do to farm awestones that allows you to get the Vanquisher's Seal with 4 ascetics and only killing a few bosses.

The cons are that it puts that bonfire and the enemies/boss at the next NG cycle of difficulty. When you go into your next NG cycle, all the bonfires will increase difficulty by one, including the ones that you've used an ascetic on. For instance, if you
    take the bonfire intensity of the Saltfort up to 2 in order to get Flame Weapon, when you go into NG+ and all the other bonfires are at intensity 2, the Saltfort bonfire will go to intensity 3.
  6. R3d P01nt Win User

Which bonfire are you trying to burn it at? Which boss and area are you trying to up to NG+? If it's the gargoyles, you need to burn it at the bonfire after fighting them. If it's the Ruin Sentinals (Flexile Sentry is the boss for No Man's Wharf, not
    Lost Bastille) then you probably have to burn it at one of the bonfire leading up to the boss. If you're trying to burn it at Servant's Quarters, you may have to kill the Lost Sinner first, since he's the next boss after that bonfire.

Check this page:
    http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Bonfire+Ascetic#.UzQBGPldUk0

The wiki indicates that Ruin Sentinals is McDuff's bonfire. I don't know if either of the other 2 would work as well.
  7. R3d P01nt Win User

You need to kill Freja in NG+ (or beyond) to get the soul required for both crystal soul spear and the moonlight greatsword. So, if you want both, you'll need to ascetic her bonfire twice.

I think you can open up access to NG++ spells and items sold be Chancellor Wellager, although I'm not sure which bonfire to use for that.

There's the Vanquisher's Seal trick (use of 4 ascetics in the first bonfire of the Grave of Saints allows you to farm 48 awestones).

If you want to farm ore, there are various spots you could do that depending on what type you need. But, really, the best way to do that is to just beat Nashandra and then buy a bunch from the woman who sells it in Majula, unless you need twinkling. In
    that case, you could try using an ascetic in Dragon Aerie.
  8. SOB Buliwyf Win User

Thx a lot. I was thinking you could ascetic all the bonfires to get all the items, and just stay in NG with an outragously high level, but I can kinda forsee you whould quickly run into a problem with youre soul-memory becomming too high to find anyone to
    summon. what do you think R3dPO1nt? Better to just go strait to NG+, or be very selective about the items you pick up, and the bonfires you ascetic? I should probable Consult the Wiki-guide to make sure I picked up the right items, and awoided that my SM goes
    up too much
  9. PIRATE DUCK Win User

The dragons in that part are stupid easy to kill if you have a bow and poison arrows. The only one I've ever had trouble with is the second dragon in the rotundra area, but then I found out if you stay close and melee he hardly ever breathes fire at you.
    I think I've farmed that area 4 times. You can also farm the giant lord for souls, but I wouldn't recommend that unless the character you're using isn't going to be used online.
Thema:

1. Bonfire Ascetic not working? - Similar Threads - Bonfire Ascetic working

2. Xbox Edge app not working with www.YouTube.com.. Fix needed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Edge app not working with www.YouTube.com.. Fix needed: The left side column/rows of video tiles are without thumbnail pictures in previews. This has been a problem for two weeks. Using your Xbox & using the Edge app go to this link.....
  3. Xbox One sync button will not work, can use Xbox adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One sync button will not work, can use Xbox adapter?: My xbox one sync button when pressed will make noise when pressed but wont flash indicating it is syncing. I have tried the USB sync with a cable, hard reset, soft power down, and even Factory...
  4. Halo Reach PC Achievements not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo Reach PC Achievements not working: I'm playing Halo Reach on Steam and my achievements aren't unlocking, works perfectly fine for my friends. Any fix? 550c3b77-9524-4b46-9ac0-5180b5991a4a
  5. Gears of war codes not working

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gears of war codes not working: Just looking for some help. I've just purchased an xbox one s with all gears games included. I'm just having a problem with gears 3, I got a message saying something about code not for language...
  6. All my Xbox controllers are not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    All my Xbox controllers are not working: So, this is my second time this week. Ill turn on xbox with controller, but none of the buttons work except the home home button. Ill try all my controllers even my elite 2. So turn on xbox and...
  7. Trial code not working

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Trial code not working: We have just bought an xbox 1controller through the online Microsoft store. Included in the package is a code for a 14 day trial for xbox live gold but after we have entered the code, we get a...
  8. Only the guide button working when I turn on One X with Elite 2.0

in XboX Insiders
    Only the guide button working when I turn on One X with Elite 2.0: Like the title says, at least one out of every two times I boot up my One X using the guide button on an Elite 2.0, none of the buttons on the controller work except for the guide button. A soft...
  9. why are my message notifications not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why are my message notifications not working?: For over a week now, my notifications when someone messages me doesnt work. I have tried everything, resetting, reinstalling my profile, turn setting off then on, etc. Nothing works. All the other...
  10. Bonfire Ascetics Advice please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bonfire Ascetics Advice please: Could someone please give me some advice on the best tactics for use of the bonfire ascetics. The con's, and pro's. To do the best posseble playthrough 80181366-1d7c-4289-afa8-93e1e6230d2f