Booting issues - Xbox One X - Skip ahead - 4 or 5 updates ago

Discus and support Booting issues - Xbox One X - Skip ahead - 4 or 5 updates ago in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey all, first post so be gentle with me lol. I'm not sure exactly when it happened but 4 or 5 updates ago my Xbox One X started having issues... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Lundorian, Jul 30, 2019.

1. /u/Lundorian
    /u/Lundorian Guest

Hey all, first post so be gentle with me lol.

I'm not sure exactly when it happened but 4 or 5 updates ago my Xbox One X started having issues booting. Right around the same time as I would start the updates and it would fail with an error message and lock up. It would take one or two attempts to install the update.

At that time the only way I could get it to boot up was to unplug anything USB based from the Xbox and then hit the power button. Even that doesn't work anymore. Last night it went hard down and wont boot properly anymore. I moved the Xbox One S from downstairs and plugged all the same peripherals into it and everything worked fine.

Tonight I plan on trying the reset method by holding the power/bind buttons and restoring things to default. Crossing my fingers, has anyone else had this issue within the 4 to 5 updates?

submitted by /u/Lundorian
    [link] [comments]

/u/Lundorian, Jul 30, 2019
  2. RobertWarexyz Win User

Help! Daily Challenges June 5th Pyramid

Board 3 is not possible; skip to board 4. There is a problem ahead---board 5 is not possible.

rlw
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

External Storage Problem

Sad to hear it didn't solve the problem. Next thing I'd try in troubleshooting is plugging it into a computer and booting the computer up and see if it's recognized at boot up or if it needs to have the cable reset.

Might also check changing the SATA->USB cable? I'm guessing this is a similar model to the one I have, and I haven't had any issues with it while using it on my Xbox One X on regular release software or on my original Xbox One on Insider Skip Ahead Alpha.

My concern would be that if a cable change and power don't resolve the issue that it might be going bad?
  4. luixmg Win User

Xbox one x scorpio edition dead after 20 mins of play

I have the same issue, first boot of Xbox one X, start the update, freezed at 1% of download!!!, it never booted up again.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Xbox reset itself.

6. Smwutches Win User

July 8th beta system update

Thema:

1. Booting issues - Xbox One X - Skip ahead - 4 or 5 updates ago - Similar Threads - Booting issues Skip

2. Strange Issue With Games Not Booting?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Strange Issue With Games Not Booting?: To put it simply, some games just won't work. It doesn't take too long and flash up an error, it doesn't say clean discs cannot be read. They just don't work. And it is not the fault of the disc....
  3. Actiontec ActionTec MI424WR: Xbox One X intermitten networking issue at boot up

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Actiontec ActionTec MI424WR: Xbox One X intermitten networking issue at boot up: Actiontec (Modems/Gateways) ActionTec MI424WR: Xbox One X intermitten networking issue at boot up Hello, check this following link and be sure to run this test, and let us know the results, keep...
  4. Update for Windows and Windows Phone Xbox One SmartGlass Apps - fixes boot up issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Update for Windows and Windows Phone Xbox One SmartGlass Apps - fixes boot up issue: Hey folks! We have updated the Windows and Windows Phone Xbox One SmartGlass apps to fix the issue where they were crashing on boot. Production Apps: Windows Phone Xbox One SmartGlass:...
  5. IM HAVING ISSUE WITH MULTI PLAY ON HALO 5,KEEPS BOOTING ME OUT OF THE ROOM,BEEN GOING ON FOR ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    IM HAVING ISSUE WITH MULTI PLAY ON HALO 5,KEEPS BOOTING ME OUT OF THE ROOM,BEEN GOING ON FOR ...: IM HAVING ISSUE WITH MULTI PLAY ON HALO 5,KEEPS BOOTING ME OUT OF THE ROOM,BEEN GOING ON FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW,IS THERE SOMETHING GOING ON I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT. DID PLAY NHL 2016 IN MULTI PLAYER...
  6. Issues With UI/Game/App Stability & Locking Up/Black Screens/No Boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues With UI/Game/App Stability & Locking Up/Black Screens/No Boot: Ever since the end of last week, my console has been really acting rather strange across the board. It started with errors while watching shows via the Verizon Fios app. It had worked perfectly...
  7. Graphical Issue During First Boot Up On Home Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Graphical Issue During First Boot Up On Home Screen: I've noticed when I first turn on my Xbox One, once the "Home" screen appears I see horizontal graphic issues. They issues seem to come from the Home screen only especially if a game is running...
  8. Xbox One Booting Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Booting Issue: Hi all. I have a issue with my xbox one that started 1-2 weeks ago. 1) When I turn on my xbox, it boots fine, but when I click on a app or game, they lock up on their splash screen. I can get...
  9. Issues with my games not loading/booting up saves.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with my games not loading/booting up saves.: Actually this same thing is happened to me, and I am using the 360... None of the games will load and neither will the apps. They hold on a black screen after loading, and yet I can still press...
  10. Issues with my games not loading/booting up saves.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with my games not loading/booting up saves.: I picked up Sniper Elite 3 yesterday, was able to play for a few hours. However, later in the night as well as this morning, not only will Sniper Elite 3 not load, neither will any of my other...