borderlands 2 hd texture not loading

Discus and support borderlands 2 hd texture not loading in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; so i installed the hd ultra pack for borderlands 2 and even tho i don't have an xbox one x or a 4k display i should have better textures but they wont... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RedXYZ, Aug 10, 2019.

1. RedXYZ
    RedXYZ Guest

so i installed the hd ultra pack for borderlands 2 and even tho i don't have an xbox one x or a 4k display i should have better textures but they wont load in even tho the download description says it can still be enjoyed on other displays

:)

RedXYZ, Aug 10, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Red,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. On the Xbox one original, you will not see any of the HD. As the description states will need an Xbox one X to install.

Xbox One X Enhanced, featuring 4K Ultra HD and HDR. Increase the visual fidelity of Borderlands 2 and its DLC with this Ultra HD texture pack. Upgrade game textures including characters, vehicles, weapons and environments. Players will best appreciate
    detail at 4K resolution, but improvements can be enjoyed on other displays.*
    *Xbox One X required to install. 4K display required for 4K resolution.

The star notates that it can be enjoyed on other displays, meaning that the display(TV) is not a 4K TV.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. C14 T1G3R Win User

The Handsome Collection already has HD textures so even though you have installed the texture packs, the resolution will remain unchanged. As you said you don’t have an Xbox one X, the texture pack is virtually obsolete. I found this out too when i tried
    to install it, its worth having in case you ever upgrade your tv/xbox but until then it doesn’t actually do anything.
  4. stUckU Win User

Has your HD Texture Pack installed correctly.

[quote user="shepza"]

Should you install the disc to hard drive first? I installed the hd pack (went through without restarting) then later in the day I installed the disc to hard drive. will this affect the hd pack?

[/quote]When I tried to install in HD texture pack, it stopped and I had to restart it. Upon first glance the HD textures seemed to load. I used the testing method of looking at the Assault soldiers watch band which goes from dull to detailed with holes
    and such. However, the detail seemed a little lacking. So I decided to investigate.

So, I deleted the HD texture pack and tried to reinstall it. Five times in a row, it stopped at about 15%. I had both discs installed to my HDD at the time. I deleted the first disc from the HDD so the HD texture pack would install from the disc. Viola,
    on the first try the HD texture pack installed without stopping.

Did it help? YES!!! The detail doubled on the watch band. The HD texture pack partially works if it stops during the install.

Long story short. 1) If your HD texture pack stopped mid install, delete it from your HDD. 2) Uninstall disc 1 from your HDD. 3) Put disc 1 in and install the HD texture pack. 4) Install disc 1 to your HDD.
  5. dual skorpionz Win User

Has your HD Texture Pack installed correctly.

[quote user="stUckU"]

[quote user="shepza"]

Should you install the disc to hard drive first? I installed the hd pack (went through without restarting) then later in the day I installed the disc to hard drive. will this affect the hd pack?

[/quote]When I tried to install in HD texture pack, it stopped and I had to restart it. Upon first glance the HD textures seemed to load. I used the testing method of looking at the Assault soldiers watch band which goes from dull to detailed with holes
    and such. However, the detail seemed a little lacking. So I decided to investigate.

So, I deleted the HD texture pack and tried to reinstall it. Five times in a row, it stopped at about 15%. I had both discs installed to my HDD at the time. I deleted the first disc from the HDD so the HD texture pack would install from the disc. Viola,
    on the first try the HD texture pack installed without stopping.

Did it help? YES!!! The detail doubled on the watch band. The HD texture pack partially works if it stops during the install.

Long story short. 1) If your HD texture pack stopped mid install, delete it from your HDD. 2) Uninstall disc 1 from your HDD. 3) Put disc 1 in and install the HD texture pack. 4) Install disc 1 to your HDD.

[/quote]

Man, thanks so much for this post...I did the same thing when I got home, installed disc 1...then installed the HD textures. It stopped early on, then restarted..I thought it's been on all this time. :(

-

Guess I'll uninstall both and try again...thanks again man..
  6. Kiddeth Win User

RAGE now that you've played it.

I have not installed it to My 360's HD and I see what people mean by the texture pop in's not that big a deal to me. What I find interesting is that when I play it on the new slim ( on the big TV ) also not installed to the HD there are no pop in's.

But yea What Borderland could have been.
Thema:

1. borderlands 2 hd texture not loading - Similar Threads - borderlands texture loading

2. Borderlands 3 Not registering

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 3 Not registering: I have recently purchased Borderlands 3 and when i put it my x box it dosenot start downloading it is brand new and no dust or scratched. when i put it in a different console it starts downloading...
  3. Borderlands GOTY Edition Not Launching

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands GOTY Edition Not Launching: I have Borderlands The Handsome Collection and I'm trying to launch Borderlands GOTY Edition. Whenever I try launching it, I get an error saying to insert the disk. The disk is clean and not...
  4. An Old Borderlands 2 Code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    An Old Borderlands 2 Code: Hey MC. I found a free download code for Borderlands 2 lying around - Non-expirable - for the 360. I downloaded it on the 360, and on the XB1 too. It worked great for a couple weeks, and it...
  5. Borderlands 3 Freezing, Glitching and Froze Completely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Borderlands 3 Freezing, Glitching and Froze Completely: Recently start playing BL3 on Xbox One. I am only playing locally as I do not have internet out in the country where I am at. Playing the story mode with 1 player and the game glitches/freezes...
  6. Borderlands 3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Borderlands 3: I do not have the internet at home so i play mostly offline. A couple days of the week i take my Xbox 1S yo my brother's for Borderlands 3 coop play. But when i go to play offline again at home. I...
  7. Dark Souls 1 und Borderlands 2 DLC von meinem konto verschwunden

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dark Souls 1 und Borderlands 2 DLC von meinem konto verschwunden: Ich habe vor 1-2 jahren Dark Souls 3 gekauft mit einem gratis code für den ersten teil habs auch gespielt und alles und jetzt ist es weg als ich es mal wieder nach langem installieren wollte....
  8. Borderlands 2 Xbox 360 edition keeps installing itself on my Xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 2 Xbox 360 edition keeps installing itself on my Xbox.: So this is the weirdest thing I have had happen to me on Xbox. Sometimes (and quite often) I turn my Xbox on and see borderlands 2 Xbox 360 version downloading or ready to start. Sometimes I will...
  9. borderlands 3 lost characters , game save badly loaded

in XBoX Games and Apps
    borderlands 3 lost characters , game save badly loaded: hi! i was playing borderlands3 and due to a wrongly loading of the local save file, the cloud save file has been overwritten i’ve lost 15 of the 17 characters and hundreds of hours in playing and...
  10. Borderlands 3 installation stopped at 0%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 3 installation stopped at 0%: Hi guys,i am pulling my hair out here.So i purchased Borderlands 3 on disk and tried to install it and at dirst all seemed ok until about 30% when it started stopping with error mesaage...