borderlands 2 hd texture not loading

Discus and support borderlands 2 hd texture not loading in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; so i installed the hd ultra pack for borderlands 2 and even tho i don't have an xbox one x or a 4k display i should have better textures but they wont... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RedXYZ, Aug 10, 2019.

1. RedXYZ
    RedXYZ Guest

so i installed the hd ultra pack for borderlands 2 and even tho i don't have an xbox one x or a 4k display i should have better textures but they wont load in even tho the download description says it can still be enjoyed on other displays

:)

RedXYZ, Aug 10, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Red,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. On the Xbox one original, you will not see any of the HD. As the description states will need an Xbox one X to install.

Xbox One X Enhanced, featuring 4K Ultra HD and HDR. Increase the visual fidelity of Borderlands 2 and its DLC with this Ultra HD texture pack. Upgrade game textures including characters, vehicles, weapons and environments. Players will best appreciate
    detail at 4K resolution, but improvements can be enjoyed on other displays.*
    *Xbox One X required to install. 4K display required for 4K resolution.

The star notates that it can be enjoyed on other displays, meaning that the display(TV) is not a 4K TV.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. C14 T1G3R Win User

The Handsome Collection already has HD textures so even though you have installed the texture packs, the resolution will remain unchanged. As you said you don’t have an Xbox one X, the texture pack is virtually obsolete. I found this out too when i tried
    to install it, its worth having in case you ever upgrade your tv/xbox but until then it doesn’t actually do anything.
  4. stUckU Win User

Has your HD Texture Pack installed correctly.

[quote user="shepza"]

Should you install the disc to hard drive first? I installed the hd pack (went through without restarting) then later in the day I installed the disc to hard drive. will this affect the hd pack?

[/quote]When I tried to install in HD texture pack, it stopped and I had to restart it. Upon first glance the HD textures seemed to load. I used the testing method of looking at the Assault soldiers watch band which goes from dull to detailed with holes
    and such. However, the detail seemed a little lacking. So I decided to investigate.

So, I deleted the HD texture pack and tried to reinstall it. Five times in a row, it stopped at about 15%. I had both discs installed to my HDD at the time. I deleted the first disc from the HDD so the HD texture pack would install from the disc. Viola,
    on the first try the HD texture pack installed without stopping.

Did it help? YES!!! The detail doubled on the watch band. The HD texture pack partially works if it stops during the install.

Long story short. 1) If your HD texture pack stopped mid install, delete it from your HDD. 2) Uninstall disc 1 from your HDD. 3) Put disc 1 in and install the HD texture pack. 4) Install disc 1 to your HDD.
  5. Kiddeth Win User

RAGE now that you've played it.

I have not installed it to My 360's HD and I see what people mean by the texture pop in's not that big a deal to me. What I find interesting is that when I play it on the new slim ( on the big TV ) also not installed to the HD there are no pop in's.

But yea What Borderland could have been.
  6. dual skorpionz Win User

Has your HD Texture Pack installed correctly.

[quote user="stUckU"]

[quote user="shepza"]

Should you install the disc to hard drive first? I installed the hd pack (went through without restarting) then later in the day I installed the disc to hard drive. will this affect the hd pack?

[/quote]When I tried to install in HD texture pack, it stopped and I had to restart it. Upon first glance the HD textures seemed to load. I used the testing method of looking at the Assault soldiers watch band which goes from dull to detailed with holes
    and such. However, the detail seemed a little lacking. So I decided to investigate.

So, I deleted the HD texture pack and tried to reinstall it. Five times in a row, it stopped at about 15%. I had both discs installed to my HDD at the time. I deleted the first disc from the HDD so the HD texture pack would install from the disc. Viola,
    on the first try the HD texture pack installed without stopping.

Did it help? YES!!! The detail doubled on the watch band. The HD texture pack partially works if it stops during the install.

Long story short. 1) If your HD texture pack stopped mid install, delete it from your HDD. 2) Uninstall disc 1 from your HDD. 3) Put disc 1 in and install the HD texture pack. 4) Install disc 1 to your HDD.

[/quote]

Man, thanks so much for this post...I did the same thing when I got home, installed disc 1...then installed the HD textures. It stopped early on, then restarted..I thought it's been on all this time. :(

-

Guess I'll uninstall both and try again...thanks again man..
Thema:

1. borderlands 2 hd texture not loading - Similar Threads - borderlands texture loading

2. Borderlands 2 handsome collection gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 2 handsome collection gamepass: Inside the game you get b.a.d.a.s.s tokens or rank, which you get through completing achievements, but now every time I go out it restarts. Dentro del juego se consiguen puntos o rango cabronazo,...
  3. borderlands 2 saves on x box 360 not updating to my xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    borderlands 2 saves on x box 360 not updating to my xbox one: how do i update my borderlands 2 SAVES TO THE SAME account THAT ARE STORED ON CLOUD TO MY NEW XBOX ONE NOW I OPENED BORDERLANDS 2 I HAVE TO START ALL OVER THAT [Mod Removed-inappropriate]...
  4. Borderlands TPS Not Unlocking Achievements

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands TPS Not Unlocking Achievements: I'm not seeing any achievements unlock for Borderlands The Pre-Sequel. I just tested a few other games, and achievements unlocked with no issues. But nothing seems to be unlocking in this game...
  5. Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary Promotion Ended Early

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary Promotion Ended Early: Hello, at time of writing post it is 10:26AM PDT. I am unable to acquire this add-on on the free promotion. After chatting with support they said it already ended even on their end and cannot do...
  6. dlc borderlands 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    dlc borderlands 2: Bonjour, j'ai telechargé le dlc de borderlands2 "fight for sanctuary" sur ma xbox one et il semble s'etre bien installé... mais quand je lance le jeu je ne vois pas ce dlc et ne peux donc pas y...
  7. Borderlands the Handsome collection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands the Handsome collection: Back in October 2016, Borderlands the handsome collection was free form the microsoft store on PC. I got it, i remember and now I need it to play the new BL 2 DLC but it's gone from my games. Do...
  8. [BORDERLANDS] What is the order of the game story?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [BORDERLANDS] What is the order of the game story?: What is the order of the Borderlands game story? Borderlands 1, Pre-Sequel, Tale from the Borderlands and Borderlands 2? 325bf397-b13e-43fc-a352-dab82101e4d7
  9. Issues transferring characters from Borderlands 2 GOTY from 360 to One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues transferring characters from Borderlands 2 GOTY from 360 to One: I'm trying to move my BL2 character saves from my 360 to my One, but have run into an issue. I can successfully upload a character from my 360 to the cloud, but when I go to my Xbox One and go to...
  10. Borderlands Handsome Collection not on PC Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands Handsome Collection not on PC Pass?: I only got the pass for this game and It's not on the pass for PC. That's false advertising FYI. 7a9091e0-06ed-4275-8033-0221dc2a0ce6