Borderlands 3 Xbox One X system crash ever being fixed? Firmware problem?

Discus and support Borderlands 3 Xbox One X system crash ever being fixed? Firmware problem? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since launch, there has been an issue with Borderlands 3 causing complete system crashes on Xbox One X hardware that do not have any history of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChristopherMancuso, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Borderlands 3 Xbox One X system crash ever being fixed? Firmware problem?

Since launch, there has been an issue with Borderlands 3 causing complete system crashes on Xbox One X hardware that do not have any history of crashes, or other similar problems. The console goes from gameplay to completely off: which is honestly quite
    startling because we know the console should not do that. Gearbox had acknowledged early on that they had seen that it was a problem, but they have gonna radio silence since.

It has now been over a month with any communication on the issue, and I hope that Gearbox has been in contact with the Xbox teams to figure out where the fault lies, and to get it fixed.

Borderlands 3 Xbox Tech forum:

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/borderlands-3-still-shutting-down-xbox-one-x-as-of-10-19-2019/3955357

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/bl3-is-turning-my-xbox-off/3187280

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/any-update-for-fixing-issue-on-xbox-one-x/3845197

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/xbox-one-x-frequent-crashing-stutters/3365040

reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/d7ul3u/reminder_borderlands_3_is_still_shutting_down/

https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3/search?q=xbox+one+x&restrict_sr=on

Pretty poor look.

I ask here because Gearbox is not being communicative about the issue, and the crashes only appear to be happening on Xbox One X hardware.

:)

ChristopherMancuso, Oct 23, 2019
  2. ZonkedMusician Win User

I'm still having this issue! My game starts well enough, but after about ten minutes I start getting stutters and then it just crashes to dashboard or switches off the Xbox. Still no word from Gearbox on the issue??
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

I'm also waiting and hoping for a fix to this. I have been having game crashes, bugs, glitches and lag in my game as well on the One X. Sometimes I have problems trying to get the game to load and it won't even load up. Hopefully Gearbox gets a fix out
    for this very soon.
  4. HyperVenom523 Win User

Thank god I finished this game story already but I even stopped streaming this game because every time I played alone, with friends, online, offline youbstart to see the xbox one logo on the console flashing and then it shuts down the entire system, not
    any other game does that so far only Borderlands 3!!
  5. HLG Specter Win User

Patched. No longer crash from my personal experience.
  6. Sanguinem Malum Win User

I've not had this issue, but i'd imagine this is a gearbox issue as if it were console related, i'd imagine the impact would be far reaching.

Either way, I hope it gets resolved for the people experiencing it.
Thema:

1. Borderlands 3 Xbox One X system crash ever being fixed? Firmware problem? - Similar Threads - Borderlands system crash

2. Borderlands 2 Stolen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 2 Stolen: I have lost my access to Borderlands 2 and Pre Sequel from the Handsome Collection. I have achievements earned from 2016 so I know I didn't use it from the Game Pass in 2019. My Order History has...
  3. Borderlands 2 Season pass not working - Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 2 Season pass not working - Xbox 360: I downloaded the season pass for Borderlands 2 where you would purchase the game. It says to not purchase any other dlcs that are already in the pass. So I looked it up online how to download it...
  4. Borderlands 2 on the stream app

in XBoX on Mobile
    Borderlands 2 on the stream app: Does anyone know how to move around controls so i can actually walk and move had an issue where something changed and i cant figure out how to change it back b988ec58-831f-41be-9720-a453d12655da
  5. borderlands 2 ‘not signed in’ cant load progress from before gamer tag change

in XBoX Games and Apps
    borderlands 2 ‘not signed in’ cant load progress from before gamer tag change: okay so my son decided he wanted to change the gamertag name. he had been playing xbox 360 borderlands 2 on the xbox one. once he changed his name, when he tries to log on, it jusf says ‘not...
  6. Borderlands 3 Crashing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 3 Crashing.: So the problem is that when I open the game and press the button that starts the game it just kicks me out to the home screen. At first it just did this with certain profiles and now it is all of...
  7. Error code Borderlands the pre-sequel digital version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code Borderlands the pre-sequel digital version: I am getting the code 0x82d40007 when trying to play this game that i own (digital version). My console keeps asking me to sign in. I am all ready signed in. Why is this happening?...
  8. Borderlands 3 overheating Xbox one x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 3 overheating Xbox one x: I just wanted to post that borderlands 3 is causing my Xbox one x to overheat. I realize it's a known issue so I figured that the more people that post this might cause this to be fixed....
  9. I have the presequal to Borderlands but can't play it game says it has been purchased on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have the presequal to Borderlands but can't play it game says it has been purchased on...: The game wont load eventhough it says it has been purchased from store. Please help give me the game that has been paid for. 5f0f83f0-ff75-4f51-9d34-220868f7f2b8
  10. Borderlands Xbox One system link to 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Borderlands Xbox One system link to 360: Ok so I have a ? Here goes, I have 2 copies of the original borderlands on disk I would system link my 360 and my son's all the time we'll my son's 360 is no longer reading disks and borderlands...