Bose QC35 and Xbox one. Can we make them work together?

Discus and support Bose QC35 and Xbox one. Can we make them work together? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I own a pair of Bose QC35 bluetooth headphones with noise cancellation. They are great headphones and I won't be purchasing a special set of headphones... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NathanSloan, Feb 2, 2017.

1. NathanSloan
    NathanSloan Guest

I own a pair of Bose QC35 bluetooth headphones with noise cancellation. They are great headphones and I won't be purchasing a special set of headphones just for gaming. The problem is that the headphones won't work with my Xbox One.

I have the 1TB original Xbox one that came with the new(er) controller featuring a 3.5mm jack on the bottom. I know that the XBOX doesn't support bluetooth headsets, but I the QC35s come with a cable as well. When I plug it in with a cable, I get nothing.
    No game audio or chat.

I read on some other forums about people having success when they purchased the Bose QC25 Cable with inline mic for Android devices. It's a $30 but I purchased it because I figured it was worth a try. When I plugged it in I was able to talk to and hear other
    people, but not game sound over the headphones.

Is there anyone out there that knows of a solution to my problem?

:)

NathanSloan, Feb 2, 2017
  2. Karl D
    Karl D Guest
    QC35 and other Bose Headsets

I've read a number of posts on the topic, and I understand all of the following:

1. Microsoft uses the same headphone jack standard as Android and other phones, not the Apple standard.
    2. The Xbox One does not support Bluetooth functionality on any wireless headsets.
    3. The built-in microphones will not work on Bluetooth headsets, so a cable with inline mic must be used.

That being said, I have the Xbox One with the controllers that have built-in headset jack, so not using the stereo headset adapter, but still some good info here. Connecting Compatible Headsets | Xbox One

• I can plug in regular headphones (earbuds) and hear sound: ok.
    • I can plug in headphones such as the Bose OE SoundLink using an Android cable with inline mic and they work fine, and inline mic works.
    • If I use the same cable, but Bose QC35 headphones, no audio plays.
      • However, if I plug in the OE Soundlinks first, then switch to QC35, they work.

I've tried both a generic cable, as well as the Bose 2.5 to 3.5 android cable with inline mic. Both work with OE SoundLink, but neither works with QC35 (unless I plug my OE Soundlinks in first).

Why and how is Microsoft detecting and disabling certain headphone models?

Karl D, Feb 2, 2017
  3. QC35 and other Bose Headsets

Hey there, karld1!

We wouldn't have that type exact information on that here on the Support forums, unfortunately. Looking into the headsets themselves, though, neither of them mention anything about being for a console. However, I can see on
    their forums
    several issues with recent updates to the firmware on the Bose QC35s. I'm unsure if this is related, but it's always worth ensuring your third-party devices are fully updated.

Since they are third-party devices, we really can't troubleshoot them outside of ensuring your controller's firmware is up to date. I suggest reaching out to Bose to see if they might be able to clarify if the Xbox One is supported for their devices, and
    if they have any troubleshooting you can do to help you out with the QC35s working initially.

Please do let me know if you have any other concerns! I will do my best to get you in the proper place for the help you are looking for. Bose QC35 and Xbox one. Can we make them work together? :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.

Misses Quinzel, Feb 2, 2017
  4. Bose QC35 and Xbox one. Can we make them work together?

I have the Bose QC25 headphones, and I get sound through my controller just fine by directly plugging it in with the 2.5mm-to-3.5mm cable the headphones came with.

Have you checked your headset volume settings? When plugged in, double-tap the Xbox guide button, and scroll down to the bottom of the side menu. You should find the headset volume slider.

Internet Expert, Feb 2, 2017
  5. Internet Expert Win User

I have the Bose QC25 headphones, and I get sound through my controller just fine by directly plugging it in with the 2.5mm-to-3.5mm cable the headphones came with.

Have you checked your headset volume settings? When plugged in, double-tap the Xbox guide button, and scroll down to the bottom of the side menu. You should find the headset volume slider.
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

QC35 and other Bose Headsets

Hey there, karld1!

We wouldn't have that type exact information on that here on the Support forums, unfortunately. Looking into the headsets themselves, though, neither of them mention anything about being for a console. However, I can see on
    their forums
    several issues with recent updates to the firmware on the Bose QC35s. I'm unsure if this is related, but it's always worth ensuring your third-party devices are fully updated.

Since they are third-party devices, we really can't troubleshoot them outside of ensuring your controller's firmware is up to date. I suggest reaching out to Bose to see if they might be able to clarify if the Xbox One is supported for their devices, and
    if they have any troubleshooting you can do to help you out with the QC35s working initially.

Please do let me know if you have any other concerns! I will do my best to get you in the proper place for the help you are looking for. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  7. Fenris E Wolf Win User

No Sound using Xbox One with Telekom Media Receiver X301T and watching TV

Hi City357,

Please try the following so we can figure out where the issue is. Also due to the way you formatted your post several of the lines are cutoff. 1st go to each device and change the sound setting to stereo instead of surround sound and be sure to uncheck Surround
    Sound BETA on the Xbox One if you have it enabled. Try connecting your Media Receiver via HDMI into the Xbox One and then into the TV and then go into TV Settings Troubleshooting and select the Reset TV option and complete the setup. This will tell us you
    can get the full audio and video TV Feed without involving your sound system. If this works fine then connect your Bose sound system between your Xbox One and the Media Receiver so it goes MR>Bose>Xbox One>TV and see if that works. Then go into the TV Settings
    and setup the Bose under the AVR devices. If it works w/o the bose and not with it tells us the issue is with the Bose and we need to adjust some settings to get the Audio working.
  8. XBF Ezra G Win User

bose QC35 & Elite Controller works only left ear

Hi Arturs,

Thanks for your post. You could attempt to use an optical to auxiliary adapter with your headset; although this would reduce functionality with the microphone it may allow you to use your headphones. Since on the forums are unable to change software that
    could be affecting use of your headphones, it would be good to suggest this to our
    Xbox Ideas page since you've noted that this issue has been experienced by others.

I hope this helps.
  9. XBF Brad A Win User

bose QC35 & Elite Controller works only left ear

Hi Arturs,

There isn't a developer mode on the controllers. There have been issues after updates with the 3.5mm jack messing up. This is the reason we suggest the adapter. As the adapter plugs into the controller via micro USB, a sturdier connection.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Bose QC35 and Xbox one. Can we make them work together? - Similar Threads - Bose QC35 together

2. BOSE System turns off but not on

in XBoX on Consoles
    BOSE System turns off but not on: My Xbox One S would turn on and off my Bose system with no problem. I upgraded to an Xbox One X and now it will turn it off my Bose system (same sound system) but not turn it on, why is that?...
  3. Bose Bose VR 35: Xbox to projector, how to get audio?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Bose Bose VR 35: Xbox to projector, how to get audio?: Bose (Audio/Video Receivers) Bose VR 35: Xbox to projector, how to get audio? You could also try buying one of those HDMI to DVi. I´m currently using one, but for VGA, they come with a 3.5mm...
  4. bose QC35 & Elite Controller works only left ear

in XBoX on Consoles
    bose QC35 & Elite Controller works only left ear: Split from this thread. Hi, Works only left ear on my bose qc35 ii (i don't need microphone) using xbox elite controller. I found this solution and this works for me. But this solution...
  5. Bose Bose VR 35: Bose Soundbar 500 Setup For Xbox Surround Sound

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Bose Bose VR 35: Bose Soundbar 500 Setup For Xbox Surround Sound: Bose (Audio/Video Receivers) Bose VR 35: Bose Soundbar 500 Setup For Xbox Surround Sound Depending on your TV, the Audio Return Channel might not support surround sound from other inputs, like the...
  6. Bose Bose VR 35: How do i use snap on my Xbox one?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Bose Bose VR 35: How do i use snap on my Xbox one?: Bose (Audio/Video Receivers) Bose VR 35: How do i use snap on my Xbox one? im tryin to snap 2 apps together and i cant do it on the new update c7277a2b-4233-4d0a-8b79-bbb36cbac185
  7. Switching off/on bose Cinemate 15 with xbox via Infrared sender

in XBoX on Consoles
    Switching off/on bose Cinemate 15 with xbox via Infrared sender: Hi! I have managed to set up my TV to switch on/off when the xbox turns on/off using the IR sender, but I am struggling to get my sound system to do the same. It currently mutes and controls the...
  8. Xbox One Elite Controller & Bose QC35II

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Controller & Bose QC35II: Hey folks, Was hoping to find some solutions for a problem that seems to be common, but widespread across multiple layers of forum posts. My Bose QC35 II headset will not play game audio, game...
  9. Xbox not controlling TV and Bose anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not controlling TV and Bose anymore: Hello, For a few years now my Xbox One has powered my TV and Bose Lifestyle 18 SII very well. This week I had an error message come up when I turned the Xbox on (don’t have error code) and from...
  10. QC35 and other Bose Headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    QC35 and other Bose Headsets: I've read a number of posts on the topic, and I understand all of the following: Microsoft uses the same headphone jack standard as Android and other phones, not the Apple standard. The Xbox One...