Bot accounts problem

Discus and support Bot accounts problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was wondering if there was any way I could stop these bot accounts from messaging me on xbox or if xbox could do something to prevent these bot... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chipper8, May 6, 2019.

1. Chipper8
    Chipper8 Guest

Bot accounts problem

I was wondering if there was any way I could stop these bot accounts from messaging me on xbox or if xbox could do something to prevent these bot accounts that try to scam you

:)

Chipper8, May 6, 2019
  2. ITILIANM0NST0R Win User

Bot accounts problem

As stated report and block. Hopefully they find a way to stop the all
  3. XBF Felixx P Win User

Bot accounts problem

Hey Guys and Gals,

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

Since there is no further resolution and in an effort to minimize repetitive answers we will be locking this thread, but if you have any further

questions or concerns feel free to come back to the Xbox forums.

Happy gaming!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  4. BigDame21 Win User

Bot accounts problem

Keep reporting the message. Do not report the account. It's a fake account so if you report the user, it will do no good. Report the message.
  5. dupc4a7abe2-62cd-41a Win User

Bot accounts problem

I was wondering if there was any way I could stop these bot accounts from messaging me on xbox or if xbox could do something to prevent these bot accounts that try to scam you
    Best thing to do is block them.
  6. XBF Felixx P Win User

Bot accounts problem

Hi
    Chipper8

Thanks you for broaching this subject and bringing this to the forums.

There is currently a wave of spam bots sending messages to random Xbox live users. You may receive weird messages from people you do not know. Do not follow any links they send you!

This is a widespread issue, and we know it's frustrating. Microsoft is aware of it and looking to get it resolved as soon as possible.

In the mean time, each time you get a spam message ensure you report the message itself - Not the account - from within the Xbox, and also block the user as previously stated by our Ambassadors.

Reporting the message, not the user, makes this easier for the enforcement team to take action. Do your part!

These spam rings pop up a couple of times a year, and get squished by MS pretty quick.

If you report and block the bot accounts, the Enforcement team will take care of it. They do a good job at banning those accounts if they come around but since anyone can create a Microsoft account, I can imagine it would be very difficult
    preventing bot accounts from being created. Microsoft includes CAPTCHA security checks when going through account recovery. This would be required by everyone though if included but would be the easiest way in preventing bot accounts from being created. You
    can go over to
    Xbox Ideas
    and post something related to this idea and see what feedback you get.

Thanks again and happy gaming!

Felix

Xbox forums support
Thema:

Bot accounts problem

1. Bot accounts problem - Similar Threads - Bot accounts problem

2. Reporting Bots

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reporting Bots: Is there a proper way (by which a specific option) to report these bots with 0 gamerscore with stuff like, "follow for nudes", "find me on (dating site name)", etc on their feed? None of the...
  3. Bot accounts spam me asking for nudes or my credit card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bot accounts spam me asking for nudes or my credit card: I am tired of this, and I don't even know how it started but it is the 6 th time in two weeks that some new account with 0 gamerscore asks me for my credit card or nudes. I've reported every...
  4. Bot Accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bot Accounts: So recently I started getting random messages from accounts I've never seen before. One account by the name [mod removed] messaged me yesterday. It gave the spiel of how it found my GT through a...
  5. Bot accounts on Xbox app??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bot accounts on Xbox app??: Seems to be that fake accounts have been bot liking my posts, anyone else having this happen?? It's always an account that has an avatar of a girl, no friends, many followers, bio usually has some...
  6. MY ACCOUNT IS BEING ATTACKED BY FAKE ACCOUNTS AND BOTS!!! i need help to save my account ASAP

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY ACCOUNT IS BEING ATTACKED BY FAKE ACCOUNTS AND BOTS!!! i need help to save my account ASAP: This video shows everything, im getting added by hundreds of fake accounts and xbox have even emailed me about bans and warnings etc, im NOT follower botting but bots keep following me and i CANT...
  7. Bot accounts?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bot accounts?!: I am a hundred percent sure that I am not the only one who gets these messages from what I believe are bot accounts. These are accounts with 0 gamerscore, start by messaging you "Hi" and if you...
  8. FAKE/BOT ACCOUNTS

in XBoX on Consoles
    FAKE/BOT ACCOUNTS: Multiple reports from gamers everywhere are getting messages from fake botted profiles asking to chat on a Adult website. Some are saying that the hackers behind this are after credit card...
  9. Fake account, most likely a bot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fake account, most likely a bot: There is an account on 360 that is a bot or something, their gamertag is TimePenguin9732, they're ignoring what i respond to them with and say they were bored and found me on profile search and...
  10. Bot account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bot account: Got a message from a random saying "I got ure name from the profile search here on this xbox app cuz I was bored and lookin for new people to talk to" "How old are you?" I remember seeing this on...