Both Xbox one controllers won't stay on

Discus and support Both Xbox one controllers won't stay on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I went to use one of my controllers and it turned on my console then turned off. I know it had low battery so I thought it died. I switched to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jae W, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Jae W
    Jae W Guest

So I went to use one of my controllers and it turned on my console then turned off. I know it had low battery so I thought it died. I switched to my controller with the fully charged rechargeable battery and it wouldn't stay on either. So I put new batteries
    in both and they still wont work. The most they do is turn my xbox on. I connected both by cord to the console and same thing. The controllers were working perfectly fine yesterday and I don't know what to do. They will not stay on by any means. HELP!!!!

They turn on, blink once, then fade away to off. When plugged into the xbox, they turn on then turn of in less than a second. Why are both of my excellent condition controllers doing this????

:)

Jae W, Nov 22, 2020
  2. jliang14 Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

After the Anniversary Update, both my wireless dongle and Xbox One controller (both OEM) appear to be broken.

The dongle doesn't show up in Device manager, despite switching to different USB ports.

The gamepad now won't stay turned on, even connected via USB. Isn't detected in the "Xbox Accessories" app.
  3. SilverFurby Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

"After the Anniversary Update, both my wireless dongle and Xbox One controller (both OEM) appear to be broken.

The dongle doesn't show up in Device manager, despite switching to different USB ports.

The gamepad now won't stay turned on, even connected via USB. Isn't detected in the "Xbox Accessories" app."

I have exactly the same problem..
  4. FunGamer Win User

Xbox S Controller

Same here. It will connect but it won't stay connected for very long. I have an Xbox One X but I'm sure the controller is the same.
  5. KuleGray Win User

Xbox One Wireless Controller Issues

I have already tried that. When I try to sync it, nothing happens. Is there a certain way to sync it. I had my Xbox on and held both sync buttons. Does my controller have to be on? My controller won't stay on unless I hold the home button.
  6. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Controllers don’t stay connected or will connect to my Xbox one s

It won't even stay sync even when connected to the console?

Do you have another controller to test? Or do you know anyone else with an Xbox One where you could try your controller on their console?
Thema:

1. Both Xbox one controllers won't stay on - Similar Threads - Both controllers won't

2. XBox controller (any model and generation) - allow for dead-zone definition (both edge and...

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox controller (any model and generation) - allow for dead-zone definition (both edge and...: I will get straight to the point. Many many (way too many) XBox controllers, suffer from drifting issues. Some are fixable, some are not (without changing the actual analog stick in the...
  3. Both wireless controllers have lost sync at same time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both wireless controllers have lost sync at same time: Hi, both my sons wirelss controllers for his xbox one have lost sync at the same time. Holding the button on the console and the controller to resync isnt working on either one. They are working...
  4. Wired controller BOTH joysticks snapping to specific inputs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wired controller BOTH joysticks snapping to specific inputs: For simplicity we'll say pushing a joystick forward is 0° Forward and backward is fine on both Any left input snaps to 45° left unless I'm pushing the stick 135° or more left. Same applies to...
  5. both my xbox one controllers gone missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    both my xbox one controllers gone missing: Hi there, I have lost both my Xbox controllers an di don't have a Kinecter also my controllers are turned off please can you help fb5da5e0-f4c9-460c-b402-268e5670afbb
  6. I've ordered an Xbox One Controller twice and both times it has been cancelled

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I've ordered an Xbox One Controller twice and both times it has been cancelled: I'm in the need of new controllers, so I went around the web and found that the Microsoft store had the better price. I ordered a blue and a white Xbox One Controller. A day later, I find out the...
  7. Xbox controller both 360 and Xbox One error when plugged in (USB device not recongnised)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller both 360 and Xbox One error when plugged in (USB device not recongnised): When I plug in an xbox controller into any usb port in my pc it often will error out with, "USB device not recognised" "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and...
  8. the headphone input is not working on both of the controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    the headphone input is not working on both of the controllers: what am i meant to do to make it work 06467925-b693-4290-bd13-0e885ae27f66
  9. Help! Both of my brothers' Xbox one controllers lose connection intermittently - tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Both of my brothers' Xbox one controllers lose connection intermittently - tried...: Hello, I was wondering if anybody would be able to help. My brothers both have xbox one controllers (genuine branded), and for the last 2 years or so, they've operated without issues. That was...
  10. My Xbox One controller won't do both triggers at the same time on my Windows 10 PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox One controller won't do both triggers at the same time on my Windows 10 PC.: My Xbox controller won't do both left and right triggers at the same time. It is always one or the other. All of my devices are updated, including my Xbox one controller and PC. Please help....