Bought a game, says I don't own it.

Discus and support Bought a game, says I don't own it. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought The Ezio Collection during the Assassins Creed sale, 40$ not a bad deal at all. After installation was complete, every single time I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dagoose0, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Dagoose0
    Dagoose0 Guest

I recently bought The Ezio Collection during the Assassins Creed sale, 40$ not a bad deal at all. After installation was complete, every single time I would try and run the game it would say "Getting Ready..." Then soon after say "Do you own this game or app?" Followed along with an error code and giving me a basic rundown of what it 'could' be.

Heres what ive done with no success:

• Hard reset the console several times

• Uninstalled and Installed three times

• Took my account, the one who bought it, removed off the xbox and then resigned in

•Tried starting it up several times, same thing

Im not the only one with this issue, several other forums with it happening on different games, nobody gets a helpful answer. Ambassadors saying very vauge and unhelpful things

Im looking for a solution or refund. I have proof of purchase from my debit card, xbox/xbox store says I literally own it. Pretty frustrating with the outages and not able to play a game i bought.

:)

Dagoose0, Feb 27, 2021
  2. SychoSide Win User

Bought a game from the Xbox Marketplace, but it says I don't own it

Hey there,

This is quite odd and may be a bug between your account and console. Have you checked your recent purchases on your Microsoft account via the website to see if it was picked up on their end as well?

You can view your recent purchases using the Order History page at:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

If it shows up but you are still not able to download it on your console, I would suggest contacting support and have both your email and the Order History on hand as they may ask for it.

I hope that will help you.
  3. GP98 Win User

Hey, SychoSide,

Yeah I checked the order history and it said that the order was complete, I guess it time to call tech support. Thanks anyway for the help.
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

Look for it from your PC. You may have to initiate the install from there and it'll go to your console. Buying 360 games can be a bit buggy sometimes.
  5. bowski477 Win User

I don't own games I have bought

This was likely due to a service alert that was up effecting the ability to play downloaded games and apps. You should be able to use them now that the alert has lifted. If you continue to have this problem please post back.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Games is not starting and saying I don't own the game

Sorry to hear it. Those are the standard steps to get a game working. If you purchased the game on your account and cannot play it then you'll need to contact phone support for more assistance. Please click this link to get the number for your region http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?isChatCallAvailable=false
Thema:

1. Bought a game, says I don't own it. - Similar Threads - Bought game says

2. i just bought a game. and now it says i dont own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i just bought a game. and now it says i dont own it: i just bought a game. and now it says i dont own it can u help 64b5aece-935e-4670-8f05-dee5fedb4781
  3. Bought a game, but it says i didn’t.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a game, but it says i didn’t.: I bought P4A and Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe, P4A installed but i couldnt play it so i tried restarting and uninstaling but now it says i need to buy it again. ca3bbc1c-eff3-4edf-be09-aab771a57972
  4. Bought a game digitally on my console and it still says buy to own. Won't install even...

in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game digitally on my console and it still says buy to own. Won't install even...: Contacted Microsoft support and they told me it's an emerging problem. They said the game would just show up in my library after the tech people fix the issue. Has anyone here experienced this? Is...
  5. Can't play the 360 games I bought, store says I don't own them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play the 360 games I bought, store says I don't own them: I bought three games, one for Xbox One and two for Xbox 360: Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, and Dead Rising 2: Case West. While the first one works just fine, I am unable to even start...
  6. Bought a game and says I don’t own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a game and says I don’t own it: I bought call of dutyII and it say i dont own it i went throught the purchasded history and it said comlpeted it still tells me i dont own it what should i do? 19a9dd8b-760c-4021-91f5-7f8c138ff7b5
  7. I bought a game about a year ago and now it says I haven't bought it.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a game about a year ago and now it says I haven't bought it.: I bought Minecraft Dungeons: Hero Edition on 28/April/2020 and I was even emailed a receipt. I bought it on the Microsoft Store and it doesn't say install just the 'Buy' button. I know I am using...
  8. I bought a game and downloaded it, but for some reason the store says it wasn't purchased?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a game and downloaded it, but for some reason the store says it wasn't purchased?: So an hour ago I bought the game Star Wars KOTOR, and when I went to launch the game it asked if I owned the game. So I followed all the steps givin and the problem wasn't fixed. So I thought...
  9. I bought game pass for pc and it still says "join game pass" when I want to install games

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought game pass for pc and it still says "join game pass" when I want to install games: I bought game pass ultimate before, after a few months I wanted to rejoin. This time I bought game pass for pc, not the ultimate edition, but when I want to install games it says "play with game...
  10. I bought XGP For PC, but it says "get game pass" when I try to download games

in XboX Insiders
    I bought XGP For PC, but it says "get game pass" when I try to download games: Hey. I was a XGP Ultimate user 2 months ago, last month I cancelled my subscription and today I got a standart XGP. I can download or play the games I played 2 months ago, but for new games it...