Bought a gift card in Tesco

Discus and support Bought a gift card in Tesco in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I bought two gift cards value £40 in Tesco. Turns out they are only to exchange for wifi games. My granddaughter has to have games on CD. Tesco won't... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by PennyCole, Jan 17, 2019.

1. PennyCole
    PennyCole Guest

I bought two gift cards value £40 in Tesco. Turns out they are only to exchange for wifi games. My granddaughter has to have games on CD. Tesco won't refund. It is impossible to get to speak to a real human at Microsoft, anything to do with refund literally
    goes round in circles. Any ideas?

:)

PennyCole, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Cherry Dolphin Win User

Ah!! gift cards are un-refundable. I would recommend you sell them on eBay if you haven’t used them
  3. PennyCole Win User

Well not exactly like that because in that instance Tesco would give me a refund and in this instance they won't
  4. pawncrackers Win User

Hi Penny,

Regrettably, we cannot help you, as the product you are querying was purchased from Tesco. I understand that gift cards are non refundable, so my best advice would be to use them to cover your next few shopping bills, and provide the gift as cash, to your
    granddaughter, so she can buy a disc based game.

Alternatively, if she can use an internet connection to connect her console, download is possible. It might be worth reaching out to family or friends, if there is no connection at her address.

Best,

L
  5. pawncrackers Win User

Hi there!

Yes, that's correct. Some folks here have mentioned that people can have limited data usage when it comes to the internet, I'm lucky to have an unmetered/limitless data plan.

Once downloaded, the game can be played offline (without an internet connection) if a connection to Xbox Live is not required. A small percentage of games, like Destiny 2, require an internet connection at all times, in order to play, that should be something
    that your granddaughter should understand already, hopefully! :)

Hope this helps,

L
  6. PennyCole Win User

These are not Tesco gift cards. They are marked on the front "Microsoft - Xbox" and on the back all the company details are for Microsoft.
Thema:

1. Bought a gift card in Tesco - Similar Threads - Bought gift card

2. Why cant i buy black ops 2 with the gift card i bought

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i buy black ops 2 with the gift card i bought: It says microsoft account balance isnt useable dc1382c0-66b1-44a9-964d-1b6736834f70
  3. I had bought a gift card and am using that for my xbox gold but now i cant afford it

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I had bought a gift card and am using that for my xbox gold but now i cant afford it: I uses the gift card to buy 2 months of gold but now that i only have £2.03 it still charged me and i cannot remove the subscription and am left in debt. I used Microsoft and xbox support but...
  4. I bought an Xbox gift card on Oxxo and when I tried to redeem it told me that it was...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought an Xbox gift card on Oxxo and when I tried to redeem it told me that it was...: Microsoft or Xbox support team i want a change of code please ! 4a7cd251-3eed-4399-af58-e316880f2ba0
  5. I bought a Xbox Gift Card and for some reason my Xbox One isn't letting me choose my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a Xbox Gift Card and for some reason my Xbox One isn't letting me choose my...: Why isn't my Xbox One letting me use my gift card money in my Microsoft Account? I redeemed it, and choosing Microsoft Account isn't an option. I looked everywhere for a solution, and could not...
  6. I bought a gift card made one small purchase now it tells me that I don't have money left...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I bought a gift card made one small purchase now it tells me that I don't have money left...: I bought a gift card of 50 dollars and redeemed it on Xbox enter code I made a purchase of 7 dollars now I try to go back to Microsoft store to buy some other things it tells me I don't have...
  7. I bought an Xbox gift card and it doesn't work.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought an Xbox gift card and it doesn't work.: I purchased a $50 Xbox gift card from Coles earlier on today. I tried buying a game with it and after entering the code I got a messsge saying "Code not found. Try re-entering it. If that does not...
  8. gift card, that was bought through amazon says already redeemed

in XBoX Accessibility
    gift card, that was bought through amazon says already redeemed: a relative of mine bought be a gift card through amazon, through the email it said the code, I put the cde in on the xobox and it said code already reedemed, also in the email it said “redeem code...
  9. Microsoft gift card bought at Tesco's

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft gift card bought at Tesco's: I recently bought a £25 gift card at a Tesco store, when i tried to redeem the code it just says code is deactivated. I called Tesco's but they told me to take it up with Microsoft so i did and...
  10. I bought a $30 game pass gift card for my brother and i cant even redeem it, even though...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a $30 game pass gift card for my brother and i cant even redeem it, even though...: I also tried to refund my purchase but i cant even do that too for some odd reason, i would appreciate the help if anyone could help me with this problem. 796a9621-b772-430c-ad89-95d113901996

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems redeeming amazon gift card bought from tescos