Bought a gift card in Tesco

Discus and support Bought a gift card in Tesco in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I bought two gift cards value £40 in Tesco. Turns out they are only to exchange for wifi games. My granddaughter has to have games on CD. Tesco won't... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by PennyCole, Jan 17, 2019.

1. PennyCole
    PennyCole Guest

I bought two gift cards value £40 in Tesco. Turns out they are only to exchange for wifi games. My granddaughter has to have games on CD. Tesco won't refund. It is impossible to get to speak to a real human at Microsoft, anything to do with refund literally
    goes round in circles. Any ideas?

:)

PennyCole, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Cherry Dolphin Win User

Ah!! gift cards are un-refundable. I would recommend you sell them on eBay if you haven’t used them
  3. PennyCole Win User

Well not exactly like that because in that instance Tesco would give me a refund and in this instance they won't
  4. pawncrackers Win User

Hi Penny,

Regrettably, we cannot help you, as the product you are querying was purchased from Tesco. I understand that gift cards are non refundable, so my best advice would be to use them to cover your next few shopping bills, and provide the gift as cash, to your
    granddaughter, so she can buy a disc based game.

Alternatively, if she can use an internet connection to connect her console, download is possible. It might be worth reaching out to family or friends, if there is no connection at her address.

Best,

L
  5. pawncrackers Win User

Hi there!

Yes, that's correct. Some folks here have mentioned that people can have limited data usage when it comes to the internet, I'm lucky to have an unmetered/limitless data plan.

Once downloaded, the game can be played offline (without an internet connection) if a connection to Xbox Live is not required. A small percentage of games, like Destiny 2, require an internet connection at all times, in order to play, that should be something
    that your granddaughter should understand already, hopefully! :)

Hope this helps,

L
  6. PennyCole Win User

These are not Tesco gift cards. They are marked on the front "Microsoft - Xbox" and on the back all the company details are for Microsoft.
Thema:

1. Bought a gift card in Tesco - Similar Threads - Bought gift card

2. Just bought a $15 gift card and it say its already redeemed when i put the code in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Just bought a $15 gift card and it say its already redeemed when i put the code in: How doi redeem my gift card that My mother just bought for me & my brother a piece and when we put the code off the receipt in the game system it says already redeemed but we just got it please...
  3. we bought a xbox gold gift card for a person that lives in canada

in XBoX on Consoles
    we bought a xbox gold gift card for a person that lives in canada: cant use it without a CA code...any help? 47767126-b188-48a8-b3de-e6bfbb31c88d
  4. Bought 100 dollar xbox gift card but did not receive it on my account

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Bought 100 dollar xbox gift card but did not receive it on my account: Bought xbox one gift card 100 dollar but did not receive bba296e8-cd87-43be-870c-e6d604b4a990
  5. Gift card I bought is already used

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift card I bought is already used: I just bought a Gift card and when redeeming it said its already used. I contacted the seller but they need me to find the date and activation time and need screenshots of my...
  6. I bought a Xbox Gift card before and it worked perfectly, now, it says it’s not from my region

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a Xbox Gift card before and it worked perfectly, now, it says it’s not from my region: What is this yo? (Mod Removed) c67f67c6-aa5b-40e4-a826-ea2f47ab2c64
  7. My grandparents bought me a 25 dollar Visa Gift card for Christmas

in XBoX on Consoles
    My grandparents bought me a 25 dollar Visa Gift card for Christmas: My grandparents bought me a 25 dollar Visa Gift card for Christmas, and ive tried so many different ways to put it in xbox, and nothing is working. Im trying to buy a great white shark ccar for...
  8. I bought a $50 Xbox gift card and can't use it

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a $50 Xbox gift card and can't use it: I bought a $50 Xbox gift card and the code is not working, Can anyone from microaoft help? f923bcac-1d32-49c0-9d8a-6ef76110a0c4
  9. Bought a gift card in Italy but not accepted in UK (region issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a gift card in Italy but not accepted in UK (region issue): A gift card was bought in Italy on holiday but will not be accepted by our Xbox which is in the UK, the error is a region issue. There must be a work around for this. Any help gratefully...
  10. £10 gift card bought from Amazon displaying this message when i try to redeem: 'This token ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    £10 gift card bought from Amazon displaying this message when i try to redeem: 'This token ...: Anyone else had this issue? It doesnt say that its already been redeemed, just that it has expired with this code: 6fH9kzrK2E+AJTuW.6.0.6.7 a91ea5c3-acd6-41a6-9cb9-a4da2c79db46

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems redeeming amazon gift card bought from tescos