Bought a second controller - does it need to be registered for warranty?

Discus and support Bought a second controller - does it need to be registered for warranty? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought a second controller - does it need to be registered online for warranty, or does the proof of purchase suffice in case of any issues? I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rAnDoMqUaNtUm, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Bought a second controller - does it need to be registered for warranty?

I just bought a second controller - does it need to be registered online for warranty, or does the proof of purchase suffice in case of any issues?

I assume that the original controller that came with the console got registered automatically when the console was registered online.

:)

rAnDoMqUaNtUm, Apr 9, 2015
  2. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    my controller just hangs at setup and support doesn't call back

Try this:

Press and hold the console power button for 5-10 seconds until it powers off.

Power the console back on and try to connect the controller with the console again.

If steps 1 & 2 did not help, try another controller.

If another controller works, and you have already replaced the batteries in the non-working controller, you will need to replace an accessory (your console will need to be registered)

If multiple controllers do not work with your console, and you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps on this page, please select problem with a device to request a repair (your console will need to be registered)

Hordie, Apr 9, 2015
  3. BentHammer
    BentHammer Guest
    xbox one thumbstick broken

My day one exclusive controller broke last week. The left thumbstick now has an area that it catches in and does not rotate smoothly.

Then, while waiting for that one to be sent in and repaired I bought a second controller. After using it for all of about a week the same thing occurred to a second controller.

Seems to be a poor quality build. My 360 controllers never had any issues. Pretty disappointed with this.

BentHammer, Apr 9, 2015
  4. Bought a second controller - does it need to be registered for warranty?

I don't believe so as proof of purchase is usually enough in any case, but it never hurts to register your products which you can do so at the online service centre here:
    https://myservice.xbox.com/

DigitalAssassin, Apr 9, 2015
  5. Thanks for your reply. I did try to register online earlier as well but the form does not accept the Serial Number of my controller. I believe there is a difference in the number of characters in Serial Numbers of the console and the controller. Perhaps
    online registration is not permitted for controllers? Just wanted to check if someone has actually managed to register their controller online.

rAnDoMqUaNtUm, Apr 11, 2015
  6. DigitalAssassin, Oct 31, 2018
  7. DigitalAssassin Win User

8. rAnDoMqUaNtUm Win User

Thanks for your reply. I did try to register online earlier as well but the form does not accept the Serial Number of my controller. I believe there is a difference in the number of characters in Serial Numbers of the console and the controller. Perhaps
    online registration is not permitted for controllers? Just wanted to check if someone has actually managed to register their controller online.
  9. DigitalAssassin Win User

I don't believe so as proof of purchase is usually enough in any case, but it never hurts to register your products which you can do so at the online service centre here:
    https://myservice.xbox.com/
  10. DeepanshuArora1 Win User

xbox controller

Why do I need an adapter? I bought a xbox one wireless controller to use with my windows 10 pc. So i tried registering it and above link says Unable to register your product.
  11. Xbox Upset Win User

Xbox ONE Controllers - one out of warranty, the other MIGht be within warranty

Unfortunately if your controller is out of warranty then you cannot get it replaced.

Talking to microsoft support would not help either as they would simply say that you need to replace the controller yourself (i had one break 1 week out of warranty and thats what i was told).
    Thank you.

I tried registering my second controller (i bought independently of the set, and purchased 6 months ago), and this is the message i received:
Thema:

1. Bought a second controller - does it need to be registered for warranty? - Similar Threads - Bought second controller

2. Bought a Second hand Xbox One with games pre-installed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a Second hand Xbox One with games pre-installed: To start off, I purchased an Xbox One S (500gb) Console from a pawnshop. After booting it up and signing in, I noticed that two games were installed, Hitman (which I own via GwG) and Red Dead...
  3. Bought second hand xbox 360 and it has a perental lock code on it how can I reset if it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bought second hand xbox 360 and it has a perental lock code on it how can I reset if it...: What can i do to reset the code??? 973ced9b-b99b-4505-94da-748192adee9c
  4. ive just bought a second hand xbox 360 live elite how can i tell if its got games saved on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ive just bought a second hand xbox 360 live elite how can i tell if its got games saved on...: ive just bought a second hand xbox 360 live elite how can i tell if its got games saved on the hard drive and can i play those games without the disc a1b0e158-a8b9-4093-9c1d-9d53aaae1e44
  5. I bought a second hand xbox 360 in April last yr and it has got a parental lock on it so...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a second hand xbox 360 in April last yr and it has got a parental lock on it so...: I bought a second hand xbox 360 in April last yr but there is a parental lock on there and it won't let me play certain games how can I solve this problem I cant get in touch with seller...
  6. Bought a second hand xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bought a second hand xbox 360: Dear Microsoft. Yesterday i bought a second hand Xbox 360 from a used products store. But the xbox appears to be banned from xbox live. is there a way to get this undone? the store wont take it...
  7. remove second hand bought xvbox one from insider Preview

in XBoX on Consoles
    remove second hand bought xvbox one from insider Preview: Hi, i bought a used Xbox one but it is connected to the Insider preview. Can you remove this console from the Insider preview? i bought this console in an second Hand shop so i dont know the...
  8. game should be bought a second time

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game should be bought a second time: Hello, I bought the game Fallout4 a long time ago (CD) and played through this game. After that, I decided to continue the game, but keep the score and the game on my Xbox One. Some month...
  9. Parental Control on. Bought second hand so don't know passcode or security question to change ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parental Control on. Bought second hand so don't know passcode or security question to change ...: I bought an xbox 360 second hand and the parental Control is on. I don't know the passcode or the question to reset it. Please help. d373af59-6bf9-4a14-afbc-c4f66cdffb69
  10. Bought and added a second controller, now neither the original or the new controller will stay ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought and added a second controller, now neither the original or the new controller will stay ...: It's a pretty silly irritant, but I'm used to picking up my controller, pressing the 'on' button and having the console boot up. After syncing a new controller, I now have to manually turn on...