Bought Cold War. When Launched it won't go past the "Press A to Start" Screen.

Discus and support Bought Cold War. When Launched it won't go past the "Press A to Start" Screen. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Just bought Cold War on my Xbox One S and after having in pre-downloaded then purchased we checked to see if the payment went through and it said... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BenHamilton6, Feb 16, 2021.

1. BenHamilton6
    BenHamilton6 Guest

Just bought Cold War on my Xbox One S and after having in pre-downloaded then purchased we checked to see if the payment went through and it said "Completed" according to xbox. After opening the game we where brought to the "Start" screen where we pressed A and it brought us to a purchase page within the game asking us if we want to buy the game. We clicked purchased and a Xbox notification popped up and said " You already own this" we are unable to get around this screen. Even after reinstalling the game it won't stop popping up with a purchase screen. Please help losing my mind with Xbox right now.

:)

BenHamilton6, Feb 16, 2021
  2. GREYPRIDE
    GREYPRIDE New Member
    I have the same problem of <pressing A to start>. Originally got over this by only the <resetting the MAC address> method every day and rebooting. It has now updated to series 6 and now my method does not work anymore

GREYPRIDE, Oct 6, 2021
  3. oggg
    oggg New Member
    Hi everyone

after the new update of COD MD - my DLC packs of campaigns 1&2 and special ops 1 Shrunken and now the full size of each file is 10.1 MB!!

It doesn't matter what I do, full factory restart for the console or reinstall the game several times, the size of the DLC packs doesn't change, also I have the annoying error of "the store is currently unavailable"...

Microsoft telling me to talk to Activision but they are not answering my emails at all.

I have Xbox one and I purchase the game on the Microsoft store,

please help!

oggg, Oct 6, 2021
  4. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @BenHamilton6, I hope everything is going well!
    Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards
    Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  5. XBF Zineb F Win User

Cold War stuck on press a to start

Hello there @Princessbus2100, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the game situation, but I want you not to worry about it because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I
    would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
  6. Francia J. Win User

Cold war stuck on Press A for start

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

First, make sure that the account that owns the game is set as Home Xbox on the console that you're using. For the instructions, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Once confirmed that it is set as Home Xbox please highlight the game Cold War In your games list, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game & add-ons, from there please click the game icon and click "Install All". It will install all the packs that we have missed in that way we can finally play the game without asking to re-purchase it.
  7. Joel Cerati Win User

Gears of War 3 freezes on Press Start in Xbox One X and S

Thank you. I did as you suggested and problem is still the same.

I turn on the XBO X then launch Gears of War 3, see the Xbox 360 emulator splash screen, and the game crashes when I press the Start button.
  8. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Game won’t load

Hello LeroyHill1, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

In order to get your issue resolved, I recommend following the exact steps here:

Fully power off your console, then power it on and launch COD Cold War.

As soon as you see the Cold War screen, tap the home button, and don’t move up or down just wait and let the video completely load up, and wait until it says press x/a to continue.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Thema:

1. Bought Cold War. When Launched it won't go past the "Press A to Start" Screen. - Similar Threads - Bought Cold War

2. Cold war says need to purchase after it has been bought night before

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cold war says need to purchase after it has been bought night before: Hello all, Today my niece tried to play cold war, a game i had bought her the night before and she had no issues playing. today after she logged on she got to the press A screen and then a...
  3. I still can’t download the Cold War content packs after I bought it a month ago

in XBoX Accessibility
    I still can’t download the Cold War content packs after I bought it a month ago: I cant download the cold war content packs when i bought it a month ago i have the disc for it but it still says i need the game to download them eb3980ce-44aa-4f61-a64e-b311ca1198e9
  4. So i bought the cold war Cross gen UPGRADE on my Series S for £4.99 BUT...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So i bought the cold war Cross gen UPGRADE on my Series S for £4.99 BUT...: I've looked everywhere but cant seem to find anyone with the same issue. The standard edition is attached to my xbox series s through making it my brother's home console. pretty standard stuff. i...
  5. Bought COD Cold War and now Modern warfare doesn’t work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought COD Cold War and now Modern warfare doesn’t work: I bought and i have been playing COD MW for the past year. I just recenttly receiced COD BLACK OPS COLD WAR. and now that i try to go back and play modern warfare it doesnt work. I have the disk...
  6. Hi everyone, I just bought the xbox series x with the black ops cold war, but I can't play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi everyone, I just bought the xbox series x with the black ops cold war, but I can't play...: I can play campaign and xbox live with teams and everything but I can't open the warzone, the message is: communication with the xbox live servers has been interrupted. Status: CERES, can you hep...
  7. My game i bought on store is saying game exspired cod cold war why is this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game i bought on store is saying game exspired cod cold war why is this: My game i bought on store is saying game exspired cod cold war why is this dfcea02e-875c-4648-843a-d7ce39ece866
  8. I bought the new BO Cold War Cross-Gen on the Xbox, and want to build a PC Later.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the new BO Cold War Cross-Gen on the Xbox, and want to build a PC Later.: So I bought the new Black ops Cold War Cross-Gen on the xbox one, and want to build a PC in the future. IK I have to buy it again via Battlenet, but my question is, Can I still keep my data saved?...
  9. I bought call of duty Cold War but it says I can’t play it and I don’t own it and when I go...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought call of duty Cold War but it says I can’t play it and I don’t own it and when I go...: When i bought call of duty cold war in november today it says i dont own it So when i went to purchases it says i bought it can you fix it 4aa5c6ed-046f-48f4-8f69-7776d9d78d56
  10. Xbox won’t let me launch Cold War, tells me to buy the game I’ve bought and have been...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t let me launch Cold War, tells me to buy the game I’ve bought and have been...: Theres alot of people with this problem and i cant believe it hasnt been fixed already. I bought a game along with thousands of others and cant play it. This is a massive inconvienence, like...