Bought Gears 5(Play anywhere) on windows, game not showing in xbox library

Discus and support Bought Gears 5(Play anywhere) on windows, game not showing in xbox library in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Gears 5 Ultimate Edition on the Windows Xbox Beta store using the same account I use on xbox.  I can download and play the game on PC but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Stogie03, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Stogie03
    Stogie03 Guest

I bought Gears 5 Ultimate Edition on the Windows Xbox Beta store using the same account I use on xbox.  I can download and play the game on PC but the game is not showing up on my Xbox under My Apps & Games.  I thought the game was 'Play
    Anywhere' and should be available for download/play on my console. Is that not the case?

:)

Stogie03, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Jeremy2085 Win User

If you go too the store which you downloaded the game from you would get an option too play the game if it has been downloaded correctly. If you do not get this option then it is more than likely that the game has not been downloaded correctly and would
    need too be downloaded again.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Stogie03,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Gears 5 is definitely an Xbox Play Anywhere title so you should be able to download the game on your Xbox One if you are logged into the same account.

Go ahead and do a hard restart and power cycle. Hold down
    the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a soft factory reset.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your
    network during the reset.

Let us know if you still cannot download Gears 5 on your Xbox One.
  4. AIRBORNE2560 Win User

Hi I also seem to have a similar problem, except its the other way around? I bought Gears 5 gold edition on the Xbox store thinking it would give it to me on both but now that I have my PC back I cant seem to install it without out paying another $120!!....
    Does it not go both ways???? It says "play anywhere" right?
  5. PeeceMakrColt45 Win User

I'm having a similar issue but with PC.

When attempt to install it's giving me the red circle with a line. When I click the ellipses it states that I do not have any applicable devices. I have signed in to my PC with my microsoft account (the same one I used for the store, I checked) and confirmed
    I have this pc under my devices. But I still cannot DL the game. I have bought a game in the past and was able to install it on another machine no problem. I don't know what else to try at this time.
  6. CrazY1985 Win User

Try searching for the game in the store to see if you can download it from there.
Thema:

1. Bought Gears 5(Play anywhere) on windows, game not showing in xbox library - Similar Threads - Bought Gears Play

2. Play Anywhere Gears 5 bought on Amazon

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Play Anywhere Gears 5 bought on Amazon: I bought Gears 5 from Amazon and installed it. Played for an hour then went to download it to my PC. It does not show up on the Windows store as a game I own. I have games I bought through Widows...
  3. i bought xbox game passs ultimate but cant play gears 5 on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    i bought xbox game passs ultimate but cant play gears 5 on pc: so i look and can download it only on xbox but my friends play it on pc with xbox game pass ulti need answer cd7ba577-90be-444b-87d1-1748f4f38be4
  4. Bought Purple Xbox One S in American with Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition with map pack

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Purple Xbox One S in American with Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition with map pack: And now I am back in China. Last night I opened the game and tried to redeem the codes so that I could play Gears 1-3 and Judgment. However, every time I tried to use the code it would say...
  5. Gears of War 4 bought with FNAC deal but the code seems "already used"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 4 bought with FNAC deal but the code seems "already used": Hi, I used a deal on FNAC to buy a Xbox One remote+cable+Gears of War 4 but when I use the Gears of War 4 code on my console that say the code is already used. I have contacted the FNAC...
  6. Bought and played Gears of War 4 but still haven't received codes for Gears 1,2,3 and Judgement

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Bought and played Gears of War 4 but still haven't received codes for Gears 1,2,3 and Judgement: I recently purchased X Box One S 1TB + Gears of War 4 bundle. I played GoW4 but have yet to receive the Gears collection codes for Gears 1, 2 and 3 + Judgement. Can someone please assist?...
  7. I bought and played Gears of War UE between the times of August 25 and December 31 and ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I bought and played Gears of War UE between the times of August 25 and December 31 and ...: I've received every other code except for this one. Please help. Gamertag: . Thanks for the help, friends. 442c74bb-d942-46b4-9f38-846796265df0
  8. Why can't I play Gears of War when I bought it in a bundle?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play Gears of War when I bought it in a bundle?: I bought Gears of War 4 in an Xbox One S bundle and I have spent the past 5 hours downloading it and apparently, I don't own the rights to the game. It says it's ready to start, but when I press...
  9. I bought gears of war 4, i can't even play it

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought gears of war 4, i can't even play it: I recently purchased GOW4, and am unable to play gears of war 4 due to non stop disconnecting. I have **** internet so this shouldn't be a problem. I play League and Overwatch and many other...
  10. I have bought Gears of War 4 and i have been unable to play. Is there a problem with the ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have bought Gears of War 4 and i have been unable to play. Is there a problem with the ...: I recently bought Gears of War 4 for my Xbox one and i have not been able to play it yet. I am trying to play multiplayer co op but it keeps saying that i have lost connection with the host. On...