Bought new 360, initial update deleted all my saved data on thumb drive

Discus and support Bought new 360, initial update deleted all my saved data on thumb drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I just replaced my old 360 with a slim. It was wearing out and had no wifi anyway. I transferred my files from old hard drive onto thumb drive.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LandonWebb, Oct 21, 2019.

1. LandonWebb
    LandonWebb Guest

Hi,

I just replaced my old 360 with a slim. It was wearing out and had no wifi anyway. I transferred my files from old hard drive onto thumb drive. Plugged it into new 360. Everything was there. I logged into my profile on the thumb drive and everything.

Then I tried signing into Xbox live. I had never had Xbox live and I was eager to see what it was like. My machine said I had to do an update first. I figured, sure why not. After the update the data on the thumb drive is inaccessible. To top it off, apparently,
    when I loaded everything onto the thumb drive it deleted everything off of my old hard drive. So years of games, music, etc... Are all just plain gone now and I am a sad sack.

I know Noone can help but I'm really bummed and want to complain. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate any help.

:)

LandonWebb, Oct 21, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Landon,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand having issue with data saved on thumb drive. Most likely when you plugged the drive into the new console it was reformatted. Did you use a

transfer cable
    to transfer data? This is usually the most reliable way to transfer all data. It is unfortunate that you lost all the data. At this point there isn't really much you are able to do now that it is gone.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

just to be sure, have you tried turning the console off, removing the thumb drive, powering console back on, wait for it to fully power on and then connect the drive and then sign in to your account.?

Also did you have a Xbox Live Account prior to connecting to Xbox Live or was this an offline profile?

If it was an offline profile, was that profile upgraded or did you create a new one?

I ask because save games are connected to a specific profile

Let us know the results
  4. Neptune-59DE628E-B9C Win User

Xbox One - Reaper of Souls - Who wants to give me some gear?

I don't know if it's to late to try this but I had the same problem. I sold my 360 but kept the save file on a thumb drive because it could not bring my self to delete all that work. I went to Gamestop, bought a used 360 and Diablo, exported my save file
    then went back to the store a few hours later and got a full refund. My characters were waiting when I bought RoS.
  5. shadowdErK Win User

Gears of War 2 Not working one when my profile is signed in

One of the other things we did was moved the saved data for Gears of War 2 from the hard drive to the thumb drive. Then removed the thumb drive. Effectively having no data for the game on my profile.

It still did not work.
  6. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

why wont this stupid game work?

Yeah if it installs then the disc passes the CRC check and all the data is there and readable. Most likely a corrupted save file like SatNiteEduardo said. If you have a thumb drive or music player the 360 recognizes as USB storage you can copy the existing
    save file and delete the the one on the local storage. Then just in case the save file wasn't the problem you can restore it.
Thema:

1. Bought new 360, initial update deleted all my saved data on thumb drive - Similar Threads - Bought 360 initial

2. Help. Just bought Xbox pass ultimate and a Xbox 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Just bought Xbox pass ultimate and a Xbox 360.: Hi. I bought a Xbox 360 and this Xbox ultimate pass. Before I buy this pass, the site said that I would be able to play over 100 great selection of games. I just don't know where to go to download...
  3. Can I redownload Xbox 360 games bought on Xbox one X (through Microsoft store) to my Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I redownload Xbox 360 games bought on Xbox one X (through Microsoft store) to my Xbox 360: So i bought Red Dead Redemption 1 on my xbox one X via the microsoft store. I use the same xbox account on my one X and my 360. Can i play the game now on my xbox 360 ? It shows on my 360 but it...
  4. I bought Xbox One and I want my old Xbox 360 gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought Xbox One and I want my old Xbox 360 gamertag: I have a problem with my gamertag, when a login with my email in the new xbox one console apparently a new gamertag is created, instead of continuing with the gamertag I used in the xbox 360, why...
  5. I would like to open minecraft on my xbox one, I previously bought it for xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I would like to open minecraft on my xbox one, I previously bought it for xbox 360: I've tried looking in my purchase history on my xbox one but it doesn't go back far enough. I've also tried uploading to the cloud from my xbox 360 but it says I don't have permission despite...
  6. Why my newly bought xbox 360 controller cable not work with my used xbox 360 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my newly bought xbox 360 controller cable not work with my used xbox 360 controller?: I buy the used xbox 2 or 3 weeks ago and now i try to connect the used xbox 360 controller to my xbox 360 but nothing happens, but the cables led is not light up The usb is good i try and i try...
  7. What can i do to my newly bought xbox 360 working for long years?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What can i do to my newly bought xbox 360 working for long years?: What can i do to save this xbox for long years? 22e8a9a1-f879-4103-8ab0-6f682e9d8932
  8. bought a pre owned xbox 360 not allowing me to reset password error message #

in XboX Networking Hardware
    bought a pre owned xbox 360 not allowing me to reset password error message #: bought a pre owned xbox 360 not allowing me to reset password error message # Hi there, are you trying to reset the Family Passcode or an account password? The steps mentioned by the other...
  9. Just bought Psychonauts on the XBOX 360. Can't launch it at all without an error.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just bought Psychonauts on the XBOX 360. Can't launch it at all without an error.: I bought the game Psychonauts from the xbox 360 store. I've heard good things about it and wanted to play it myself. Ive tried updating my xbox, burning an update to a cd and putting it in, but...
  10. Is it possible to transfer the DLC I bought from the Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft to my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to transfer the DLC I bought from the Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft to my...: I bought a ton of skin packs, texture packs, and mash-up packs on the Xbox 360 edition of the game. Is there any way I can transfer the DLC to the Switch version of the game?...