Bought new SSD, trying to transfer save data from old to new one

Discus and support Bought new SSD, trying to transfer save data from old to new one in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I made a lot of progress in My Time in Portia which is quite a grindy game and I'm really keen on continuing from where I left off. Both my SSDs are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Meeqs, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Meeqs
    Meeqs Guest

I made a lot of progress in My Time in Portia which is quite a grindy game and I'm really keen on continuing from where I left off. Both my SSDs are plugged in and working right now and I'm just trying to figure out how to access the save files from the
    old SSD and transferring them to my new one. I've found where the game "files" are at in appdata local but pretty much all the folders are empty. The only workaround I can think of is restarting my pc and setting boot priority to my old SSD whenever I want
    to play but that's obviously a huge hassle.

:)

Meeqs, Jul 22, 2019
  2. TheExpertAndy Win User

My time at Portia, surprisingly good game.

If using a windows install you should be able to just move the game folders to the new drive like any other file. The game save files may be hidden and thats why the folders appear empty or you could have changed the same save location to another local folder.
    Havent played the PC version so you could try checking the game settings for save location option or explorer search for the save name if you know it.

Edit: For clarity the entire game file should be able to be transferred in one go, verses just the save files.

If you have the steam version its a simple process iirc.

1. In the launcher, go to steam, settings, downloads, steam library folder, add library. Select your new drive from drop down, keep it as default name for simplicity.

2. Now go to Library, find the game, right click, properties, local file, move install folder, select newly created library.
  3. Meeqs Win User

It's on the Xbox beta game app, hence where I posted this...

I've looked through countless topics regarding this and no one seems to know where Microsoft keeps the save files for the app. Even though I knew it wasn't going to do anything, I copied over the appdata game "files" from the old SSD to the new one and it
    didn't do anything.
  4. JhonSnow777 Win User

change microsoft account

Hello, so you mean you create a new account and want to transfer the contenue from the old account to the new one?

Unfortunately is not possible. Any sort of data and content that is downloaded/saved on one gamertag is not transferable to another account.
  5. Crying Cola Win User

kingston data traveller memory stick, will it work?

Any USB stick can transfer data from one hardrive to the other, i remember transferring my resident evil 5 save from my old xbox to my new xbox.
  6. Addington-7611413A-3 Win User

Playing original games cost 800 microsoft points

You can always use the transfer cable to move your data from the old hard drive to your new one. This would also save your saved games. If that is not an option you may need to use the license transfer on the xbox website.
Thema:

1. Bought new SSD, trying to transfer save data from old to new one - Similar Threads - Bought SSD trying

2. I bought Sea of Thieves (redeemed a code in windows store) but it's now missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Sea of Thieves (redeemed a code in windows store) but it's now missing: As the title says, I redeemed a code for Sea of Thieves about a year ago and now it's no longer in my library. *** moved from NL-NL ******Moved from: Gaming on Windows 10***...
  3. Xbox game pass satın aldım oyun indirmiyor [Edit - Transaltion] - Xbox game pass I bought...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game pass satın aldım oyun indirmiyor [Edit - Transaltion] - Xbox game pass I bought...: Hello Neighbor oyununu indirmeye tıkladığımda disk seçmemi söylüyor.C veya D diskinide denediğimde aynı hatayı alıyorum.Hata kodu: 0x803f8001 [Edit - Translation] - Hello Neighbor tells me to...
  4. Unable to install content Ive bought via xbo.com on to the console

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Unable to install content Ive bought via xbo.com on to the console: As the title says, I am unable to install content onto the console so when I go to the console the game should be downloaded (depends on the game) ready to play. Can anyone help. Thanks...
  5. Minecraft Windows 10 bought, can I use Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 bought, can I use Minecraft Java Edition: Hi, I bought Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. Can I download and use Minecraft Java Edition from minecraft.net with this purchase, or do I need to pay again to get Java Edition? Thanks...
  6. Bought a game which is not working and cannot get a refund!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a game which is not working and cannot get a refund!: I bought a game (FIFA 19 legacy for XBOX 360). Downloaded it and turns out I cannot play it as it says the region is wrong. The region can't be wrong - I'm in Israel, I bought the game on their...
  7. Bought an XBOX 360 game online, but it is not being downloaded

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought an XBOX 360 game online, but it is not being downloaded: So, the title pretty much says it all. I bought a game as online download, but it is not being downloaded. I restarted the console. It is connected to the internet. Nothing. And BTW, where is the...
  8. Payments for games that were not bought.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Payments for games that were not bought.: The daughter has enabled purchase protection on her account, each purchase is to be approved by the parent. Meanwhile, my card was charged for games that my daughter did not buy and that I...
  9. Is there a way to transfer the games you bought digitally to a Hard copy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to transfer the games you bought digitally to a Hard copy?: Hello, I am going to get straight to the point. Is there a way to buy, or get, a tangible copy of games you've bought digitally? I have been getting worried about losing my account due to other...
  10. Купил дополнение к Destiny 2 (Forsaken) но оно требует наличия игры. [Translation-I bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Купил дополнение к Destiny 2 (Forsaken) но оно требует наличия игры. [Translation-I bought...: Здравствуйте уважаемые Microsoft, я купил дополнение (Forsaken) к игре Destiny 2, но оно требует наличия игры. Что делать? [Translation-Hello dear Microsoft, I bought the Forsaken add-on for...