Bought the wrong version of Minecraft

Discus and support Bought the wrong version of Minecraft in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently purchased Minecraft Windows 10 version however, I made a mistake, as I need the Java version instead. I noticed this only a few moments... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by franciscorubio_, May 23, 2020.

1. Bought the wrong version of Minecraft

I recently purchased Minecraft Windows 10 version however, I made a mistake, as I need the Java version instead. I noticed this only a few moments after buying the game. I am hoping to get a refund and I have not taken advantage of the situation

Please help me with this to obtain a refund

Thank You

:)

franciscorubio_, May 23, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Bought the wrong minecraft version

You would need to try contacting support to see if they can refund the purchase so your son can purchase the correct game.
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

I'm not sure what he would have bought that was wrong though. There is Minecraft, which is the full game, and then Minecraft Story Mode, which is just a story you follow.
  3. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

4. Legendgenesis Win User

Village and pillage update

There are two different versions of Minecraft available for the Xbox One. The
    Xbox One Edition
    is no longer supported by Mojang. The version that is currently supported is simply called
    Minecraft.

I do believe that if you bought the Xbox One Edition that you should be able to get the newer version for free, though if I'm wrong it *IS* on Game Pass.
  5. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

Wrong minecraft version

Hi afzaf,

Check out this link for Microsoft's Return Policy: https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/DisplayHelpReturnsRefundsPage/

It would probably be best for you to contact Official Xbox support by phone or chat to get this resolved quicker. You can reach them at support.xbox.com/contact-us

Hit Upvote if this Helps!
  6. onyxishere Win User

Bought the wrong version of a DLC

Sorry but no one can help you. There are no refunds or exchanges on purchases.
Thema:

1. Bought the wrong version of Minecraft - Similar Threads - Bought wrong version

2. Bought the wrong game

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought the wrong game: I wanted to gift Aoe 2 on my secondary account. But ended up buying aoe original. I also redeemed the game (they kinda look the same). Is there any way I can get any refund or exchange? Because...
  3. Have two different accounts and accidentally bought Modern Warfare for the wrong account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have two different accounts and accidentally bought Modern Warfare for the wrong account.: I have two accounts. One is one my Xbox One and is used. The other was created on accident trying to use remote access gaming and is not used. Long story short, went to purchase Modern Warfare...
  4. Ugh, I redeemed a code not realizing my friend bought me the wrong system version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ugh, I redeemed a code not realizing my friend bought me the wrong system version: So, I'm 3 weeks into my Covid isolation since my job got shut down along with everyone else in the bar/restaurant industry I know, and the cabin fever is starting to seriously take hold. I was...
  5. I bought the wrong item because it was unexpectedly a Windows 10 version. Now what?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought the wrong item because it was unexpectedly a Windows 10 version. Now what?: So during midnight, I decided to buy the Final Fantasy XV Episode Ardyn DLC for that game and I thought it did not download and I play the Xbox One version. Then I later learned it was the Windows...
  6. I bought the wrong version of Horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the wrong version of Horizon 4: I was watching Monday Night Football at the same time I was purchasing Horizon 4 and purchased the Deluxe Edition instead of the Ultimate Edition. I've been a long time Forza customer, having...
  7. Bought the wrong minecraft version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought the wrong minecraft version: Hello, my son pleased me to buy him minecraft on xbox one this morning. So I bought him a xbox live card with 20 EUR. He was going on the xbox to the store and bought minecraft xbox live version,...
  8. Bought the wrong version of a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought the wrong version of a game: I accidentally bought the wrong version of a game and I'm wondering if I can trade up? it's on sale and I have the money? da27ac96-bc44-419e-baba-cade249704b6
  9. Bought wrong version of game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought wrong version of game: So I purchased Infinite Warfare on the marketplace yesterday. I played a bit but really regret not getting the deluxe. Is there any way Microsoft could help me fix this? Let me pay for what MWR is...
  10. Bought the wrong version of a DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought the wrong version of a DLC: Hello, So I was shopping on the Xbox store the other day and I decided that I was going to get the Hearthfire DLC for Skyrim. I searched Skyrim in the search bar and bought the first Hearthfire...