Brand new wired controller not working with Mic

Discus and support Brand new wired controller not working with Mic in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought a wired controller for xbox 360 about a week ago. I play a lot of xbox and I think that might be the problem but today I unplugged it and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StriikuR, Feb 15, 2014.

1. StriikuR
    StriikuR Guest

I just bought a wired controller for xbox 360 about a week ago. I play a lot of xbox and I think that might be the problem but today I unplugged it and plugged in a few times and then it all of sudden started bugging out. I have the mic unplugged and it
    still says it's plugged in. I can't hear friends through game chat even if it's not plugged in. I can't hear them while it's plugged in either and they can't hear me. The only way I can hear them is if i completely unplug the controller. I have turtles x12
    by the way. It's a very good controller and I like playing with it, and it would suck if there wasn't a way I could fix it.

:)

StriikuR, Feb 15, 2014
  2. LGN Mike
    LGN Mike Guest
    Controller mic problem

what controller you using wired or wireless? if it works on the other controller use it, the new controller you got take it back and get a new one and say to them its not working for the mic. so if that helps you out buddy, or see if any stuff is in controller
    mic,

LGN Mike, Feb 15, 2014
  3. A button not responding

hi, the ‘a’ button has stopped working on my controller. Sent it back to where we got it and they sent out another controller. Still not working. Then been and bought a brand new wired controller and still not working. Sons really upset. Please someone,
    help!?!?!

Thanks

CharlyTheMoose, Feb 15, 2014
  4. LGN Mike Win User

Controller mic problem

what controller you using wired or wireless? if it works on the other controller use it, the new controller you got take it back and get a new one and say to them its not working for the mic. so if that helps you out buddy, or see if any stuff is in controller
    mic,
  5. skrotter Win User

Xbox one mic not working

Same issue with mic everything else works fine just the mic doesn't work. Be wary of the play and charge USB cable , I've killed 2 pads in 2 nights trying to do controller update. Even with a brand new pad the mic fails to.work *** mics
  6. snake42069 Win User

Xbox One PDP Prismatic Afterglow USB controller has buzzing sound transmitting over mic

to fix the problem with all wired controllers, simply unplug the mic and controller, then plug the MIC in first, then plug the controller back in. Worked for me. Hopefully it works for you.
  7. Bearded Goliath Win User

Voice Chat Disabled when New Controller is Plugged In?! HELP

Hi Degalon!

--

Did you purchase the headset brand new or pre-owned?

My friend had this issue a few days ago when connecting a wireless headset, the wireless headset would automatically get set to the second quadrant, and it would show a headset plugged in even when it is not.

I found this post elsewhere, it may be of some help to you, but if the headset was bought brand new this might not apply.

--

"The inside of the mic input on all 360 controllers can get warped from using a wired headset. When it warps, it causes the metal to create a bridge when the mic is removed. The controller thinks the mic is still plugged in when it's removed, because of
    this bridge. A wired mic will take priority over a wireless mic. When you go to connect your wireless mic to a controller that is bridged, it will just move over to the next available quadrant."

--

Get back to me with information regarding the purchase of your headset, in the meantime ill try and dig up some more information regarding this matter.

--

BG
  8. xInfernHellx Win User

Diablo 3 bug

Hi there,

Same issue here with a brand new wired controller. I have been playing on my 4 years old controller ( plug in and play, no batteries) and no issue.

But as soon as I play with the new one I start evading or sometimes shooting another target without my input!

It is def coming from the new controller, the chat and mic input must interfere in some way. I will pick up a new controller this morning, will see what happens with and without chat!
Thema:

1. Brand new wired controller not working with Mic - Similar Threads - Brand wired controller

2. Brand new controller keeps disconnecting every ten seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new controller keeps disconnecting every ten seconds: Okay I have an Xbox one S battlefield 1 edition and as of recently my controller started to lose its connection continuously every ten seconds, so I tried 5 different brands of batteries, tried...
  3. TWO Brand new Xbox One X consoles turning off due to "overheating"

in XBoX on Consoles
    TWO Brand new Xbox One X consoles turning off due to "overheating": I have had an issue with my xbox one x wherein it would shut down as soon as i play a game or watch Netflix. I looked into the issue and it seems it turns itself off when it begins to overheat. I...
  4. Sea of thieves won't start on my brand new Xbox one digital

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of thieves won't start on my brand new Xbox one digital: I just pirchased an xbox one digital edition,loaded sea of thieves on it, and the game goes no further than the sea of thieves splash screen. I have performes a hard reset. That did not work. I...
  5. RDR 2 Frame Rate issue on a brand new XBOX one X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    RDR 2 Frame Rate issue on a brand new XBOX one X: I recently got a brand new xbox one x the fallout 76 edition. And when i play RDR2 single player i notice frame drops near fire or in some stores in the game. and mainly in strawberry. i play...
  6. Noise apparently on Xbox one s fan (brand new console)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Noise apparently on Xbox one s fan (brand new console): Ho, i just got a brand new Xbox one s, beautiful game, but i notice a anoing noise apparently on fan, like a bee noise, this noise is not all right l, my old Xbox 360 never did noise, also my ps3...
  7. Red dots all over screen with brand new Xbox one X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Red dots all over screen with brand new Xbox one X: i just recently purchased an xbox one x. i have had an xbox one for quite some time now and never had an issue, Just setup the new one x and i get little red dots and sometimes lines all over my...
  8. Brand new Xbox One S headset stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One S headset stopped working: We purchased an Xbox One S that came with Fortnite and a controller, as well as an extra Xbox One S controller. We also purchased a JEECOO gaming headset J20, and plugged it into the 3.5 mm port...
  9. My pdp camo wired xbox 1 controller stop working i got brand new cords for while ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My pdp camo wired xbox 1 controller stop working i got brand new cords for while ...: while playing gta my pdp camo wired controller stop working I brought brand new cords and all and my controller won't turn on SMH 58506c02-d72c-482a-b72a-d55b12b7603d
  10. My Brand New Xbox 360 Wired Controller Won't Work :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Brand New Xbox 360 Wired Controller Won't Work :(: So today i had gone to the mall to go to EB Games to get myself a second controller so that I can play a few cooperative games with my 9 year old sister. My controller was $40, and it was brand...