Brand new Xbox 360 Play and Charge won't charge or even turn the light on

Discus and support Brand new Xbox 360 Play and Charge won't charge or even turn the light on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since my last thread was locked and recently got the solution I will open a new thread. I bought 6 Batteries, sealed and brand new and the light won't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BisonFan9597, Jan 13, 2022.

1. BisonFan9597
    BisonFan9597 Guest

Since my last thread was locked and recently got the solution I will open a new thread. I bought 6 Batteries, sealed and brand new and the light won't turn on when I connect the battery and try to charge it. I know that they have been in the shelves maybe too long and the minimum charge required is not there anymore. Is there a way to kick start the battery or are they lost forever?

:)

BisonFan9597, Jan 13, 2022
  2. BisonFan9597 Win User

Yes THERE IS A WAY

Disclaimer: Do this at your own risk. This is only if your battery won't even make the light on the cable turn on (nor red, nor green). For The issue in which it turns red then immediately green and doesn't charge, please refer to youtube, there are videos on the topic and are rather simple to follow. THIS IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ISSUE. If you don't know what positive and negative poles of electrical current are, DO NOT TRY THE SECOND SOLUTION,

1. After leaving it connected 3 hours or so, try repeatedly connecting and disconnecting the cable from the controller and maybe it will eventually turn red and charge. I got 3 out of 6 brand new (but discharged) batteries working.

2. This is the nuclear option: grab a portable car jumpstarter and "bite" with each clamp a metal paper-clip. You will need those for precision since you will touch the battery's pins with them. Face your battery in a way that you can read the "Microsoft" logo and be SURE it is not upside down. Now from left to right you will have to precisely touch with the tip of the POSITIVE Clip the SECOND golden contact and also touch with the NEGATIVE clip the FIFTH golden contact at the same time and for a split second. You will likely see a spark. Please, if you have shaky hands do not try this, you have to be absolutely steady and precisely touch what is indicated. After this connect the battery to the controller and then connect the cable to the controller and the Xbox. The light will blink once, leave it like that for 10 seconds and then disconnect and reconnect again "voila!" your Battery should be working! With this method I revived the remaining 3 batteries I bought.

I used a 5 Volts 2A car jumpstarter with a Starting current of 300A and peak current 600A. It is a mini car jumpstarter Model BLY-JGL you can search for it on Google. I emphasize the fact that it was 5 VOLTS. I thin batteries are 1.5 volts. I wouldn't recommend using more than that (5).

This is the original Reddit Thread and all Credits to user BlueberryNo3773 who initially gave a 9V battery as an idea and the info of which pins to touch. A Microsoft representative told me there was no way to jumpstart the battery... Well, he/she was wrong :D it felt just like jumpstarting my car battery. Cheers!

Charge and play: Dead on arrival : xbox360 (reddit.com)
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

As I said in the other thread, they don’t last on the shelf. 6-7 years ago there was some guy dumping Hello Kitty pink 360 batteries, every single one of them was bad and they were 3-4 years old. Purchasing new AA rechargeable batteries are a reliable way to get the same functionality.
  4. BisonFan9597 Win User

They are working like a charm. Trying them on PC and on the Xbox 360. Accurate Battery load Icon and all.
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'm afraid there are gone, you'll need a replacement.
  6. chriswilliams1980 Win User

360 Wireless headset problem

Brad

thanks for the reply. The headset is the OEM Microsoft wireless headset for 360. I have tried charging both AC and USB. It begins to charge (flashing 1,2,3,4) and continues ti do so for roughly 20 minutes. Then all lights go dark and no more flashing. I
    dont see any error codes (1,1,2) indicating a charging problem. Even after sitting on charger for 24 hours i still cannot get the headset to turn on. This is brand new in the box...
Thema:

1. Brand new Xbox 360 Play and Charge won't charge or even turn the light on - Similar Threads - Brand 360 Play

2. Brand new Xbox 360 Play and Charge won't even turn the light on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox 360 Play and Charge won't even turn the light on: I bought 2 of them, sealed and brand new and the light won't turn on when I connect the battery and try to charge it. I know that they have been in the shelves maybe too long and the minimum...
  3. Xbox One (Alpha Ring) Will read 360 discs but not brand new xbox one discs.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One (Alpha Ring) Will read 360 discs but not brand new xbox one discs.: Ive noticed that my xbox REFUSES to read brand new xbox one discs but has no issues with 360 Discs. Im on Alpha Ring and this seems silly as heck because why wouldnt the console read the xbox one...
  4. Xbox 360 basically brand new not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 basically brand new not working: This xbox 360 is like brand new i bought it played it a bit. 8-10 years later i went to plug in and set it up for my son and it is not working . Like i said its brand new still has stickers on it...
  5. Why is my brand new Xbox One S not playing compatible 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my brand new Xbox One S not playing compatible 360 games?: So I had bought a brand new Xbox One S, and I went to play my 360 copy of "Left 4 Dead 2". The screen popped up saying "Sorry, this game isn't compatible. Choose something else, or try the disc on...
  6. Unable to play backward's compatable games on 360 with a brand new hdd

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play backward's compatable games on 360 with a brand new hdd: I recently bought an HDD for my XBOX 360 slim. It arrived today. I installed this using the method mentioned on this site as well as multiple hundreds of YouTube videos. Really, it isn't rocket...
  7. Purchased a brand new xbox 360, trying to get a gold trial to see what gold is like

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Purchased a brand new xbox 360, trying to get a gold trial to see what gold is like: i purchased a new console from target but it isn't letting me try gold for free? is this another scam from microsoft? i don't understand, i click try gold free & nothing happens. contacted support...
  8. Why is billedchip71 on the brand new 360 xbox system I purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is billedchip71 on the brand new 360 xbox system I purchased: I purchased a brand new xbox 360 with Kinect or what was advertised as new. Box came opened and system had been removed from plastic wrap. I contacted the company I purchased it from and asked...
  9. X1 reading all disc games except brand new 360, Fallout new vegas ult ed. or fallout 3 goty on ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X1 reading all disc games except brand new 360, Fallout new vegas ult ed. or fallout 3 goty on ...: my system reads all my games and dvds but when i go to install Fallout 3 goty or new vegas it'll read stop read then not show up on the home, or ready to install but will load fine with my xb1...
  10. NOT ENOUGH MEMORY TO PLAY ON "BRAND NEW 360"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NOT ENOUGH MEMORY TO PLAY ON "BRAND NEW 360"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: i JUST WENT AND BOUGHT A NEW 360--- AFTER LOADING THE I9NSTALL DISK IT SAYS I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH MEMORY---JUST ******* GREAT--BRAND NEW CONCOLE, BRAND NEW GAME AND ITS STATING i DONT HAVE ENOUGH...