Brand new Xbox 360S console making loud rattling noise when disc drive starts.

Discus and support Brand new Xbox 360S console making loud rattling noise when disc drive starts. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently bought a new Xbox 360s console a month ago, and it has suddenly started making this horrible rattling sound when I play a disc,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Darnzig, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Darnzig
    Darnzig Guest

Hi, I just recently bought a new Xbox 360s console a month ago, and it has suddenly started making this horrible rattling sound when I play a disc, regardless of whether its loaded on the hard drive or not. I have the console horizontal and its not touching
    anything which could cause the sound, when I touch the vent cover on top it goes away and when I picked up the console and moved it around some thing is rattling in what sounds like the fan. I have removed the side vent cover and hard drive to see if that
    would fix it, but had no such luck. I'm guessing I will have to send it back for a warranty which is rather disappointing..., this the third console I have bought over the last 5 years which has developed a fault shortly after purchase and all of them have left
    me rather wary of the build quality of these consoles when I look back in time - 2009 Xbox 360 - Disc tray jams, / 2011 Xbox slim - Loud humming from disc drive, constantly makes loud vibrations on any surface, and overheating / and the latest Xbox slim has
    obviously got a loose fan mount or is incorrectly installed.

I take good care of my equipment, I am just sick of the noises these things make when I am trying to play a game.

Thanks.

Share your opinion on here if you have had a similar experience.

:)

Darnzig, Feb 8, 2014
  2. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest
    Help i have a dude

HI,

The disc drive should not be making a very loud noise. I have heard of them making a noise when they start to go out or when they completely stop working. Keep an eye and ear on it and if it finally stops working you can send it in for repair.

OK Fowl, Feb 8, 2014
  3. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest
    Help i have a dude

HI,

The disc drive should not be making a very loud noise. I have heard of them making a noise when they start to go out or when they completely stop working. Keep an eye and ear on it and if it finally stops working you can send it
    in for repair.

OK Fowl, Feb 8, 2014
  4. MB5656
    MB5656 Guest

hi:

well it depends on the game like an original xbox game it sounds loud when you play it and some other games have different speeds of disc turning-- so it does vibrate so if you want you can try to have it lay flat to see if it changes anything.

also if you removed the side panel of the xbox you have voided your warranty and you need to pay money to repair it (removing the HDD is ok but if you did anything else it voids the warranty)

you can try to clear the system cashe to see if it will do anything (settings system storage, hover over HDD, hit Y clear system cashe, hit yes

hope that helpsBrand new Xbox 360S console making loud rattling noise when disc drive starts. :)

MB5656, Feb 8, 2014
  5. MB5656 Win User

hi:

well it depends on the game like an original xbox game it sounds loud when you play it and some other games have different speeds of disc turning-- so it does vibrate so if you want you can try to have it lay flat to see if it changes anything.

also if you removed the side panel of the xbox you have voided your warranty and you need to pay money to repair it (removing the HDD is ok but if you did anything else it voids the warranty)

you can try to clear the system cashe to see if it will do anything (settings system storage, hover over HDD, hit Y clear system cashe, hit yes

hope that helps:)
  6. onyxishere Win User

slims or Super slims(e) supposed to make noise

What kind of noise is it making? Is it a rattle? If so, try removing the vent cover from where the hard drive sits. That's what I did when mine was making noise.

If it's making noise when you're playing a disc based game try installing it to the hard drive.
  7. OK Fowl Win User

Help i have a dude

HI,

The disc drive should not be making a very loud noise. I have heard of them making a noise when they start to go out or when they completely stop working. Keep an eye and ear on it and if it finally stops working you can send it
    in for repair.
  8. OK Fowl Win User

Help i have a dude

HI,

The disc drive should not be making a very loud noise. I have heard of them making a noise when they start to go out or when they completely stop working. Keep an eye and ear on it and if it finally stops working you can send it in for repair.
  9. Ashavar Win User

Xbox One console (not power brick) making buzzing noise

Hi!

I have the same problem described above.

I purchased my Xbox One the second week of december (Team FDOU lot/date 1339).

Until yesterday the console was very silent. Now when I turn on the console and I put a disc in the drive, the blue ray starts to make a loud buzzing noise that stop after 15 minutes. The console doesn't have problems in reading disc. If no disc is present
    in the drive, the console is always silent. Any suggestion?
Thema:

1. Brand new Xbox 360S console making loud rattling noise when disc drive starts. - Similar Threads - Brand 360S console

2. Brand new controller keeps disconnecting every ten seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new controller keeps disconnecting every ten seconds: Okay I have an Xbox one S battlefield 1 edition and as of recently my controller started to lose its connection continuously every ten seconds, so I tried 5 different brands of batteries, tried...
  3. TWO Brand new Xbox One X consoles turning off due to "overheating"

in XBoX on Consoles
    TWO Brand new Xbox One X consoles turning off due to "overheating": I have had an issue with my xbox one x wherein it would shut down as soon as i play a game or watch Netflix. I looked into the issue and it seems it turns itself off when it begins to overheat. I...
  4. Sea of thieves won't start on my brand new Xbox one digital

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of thieves won't start on my brand new Xbox one digital: I just pirchased an xbox one digital edition,loaded sea of thieves on it, and the game goes no further than the sea of thieves splash screen. I have performes a hard reset. That did not work. I...
  5. RDR 2 Frame Rate issue on a brand new XBOX one X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    RDR 2 Frame Rate issue on a brand new XBOX one X: I recently got a brand new xbox one x the fallout 76 edition. And when i play RDR2 single player i notice frame drops near fire or in some stores in the game. and mainly in strawberry. i play...
  6. Noise apparently on Xbox one s fan (brand new console)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Noise apparently on Xbox one s fan (brand new console): Ho, i just got a brand new Xbox one s, beautiful game, but i notice a anoing noise apparently on fan, like a bee noise, this noise is not all right l, my old Xbox 360 never did noise, also my ps3...
  7. Red dots all over screen with brand new Xbox one X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Red dots all over screen with brand new Xbox one X: i just recently purchased an xbox one x. i have had an xbox one for quite some time now and never had an issue, Just setup the new one x and i get little red dots and sometimes lines all over my...
  8. Brand new Xbox One S headset stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One S headset stopped working: We purchased an Xbox One S that came with Fortnite and a controller, as well as an extra Xbox One S controller. We also purchased a JEECOO gaming headset J20, and plugged it into the 3.5 mm port...
  9. Xbox game pass code expired that was supplied with brand new xbox one x

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox game pass code expired that was supplied with brand new xbox one x: Hi. I bought a brand new Xbox one x forza horizon 4/forza 7 bundle on the 3rd march 2019. The bundle was supplied with a 1 month game pass code in side the box. My issue is that the game pass code...
  10. BRAND NEW XBOX ONE X FREEZING UP

in XBoX on Consoles
    BRAND NEW XBOX ONE X FREEZING UP: I bought a brand new Xbox one x less than a week ago. It worked good for about a day, then I couldn't play a game without the console freezing up, and then when I did a reset it took over 5 hours...