Brand new Xbox controller has bad audio connection

Discus and support Brand new Xbox controller has bad audio connection in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I bought a brand new xbox controller about a month or two ago (pulse red wireless with share button and hybrid d pad) so that I could attach my wired... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Evangeline.Lee, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Brand new Xbox controller has bad audio connection

I bought a brand new xbox controller about a month or two ago (pulse red wireless with share button and hybrid d pad) so that I could attach my wired headset to it and stop using my sister’s controller (i borrowed her controller and it worked fine with my headset but i needed to get my own). When i tried using my headset, it constantly cut out and there was a consistent humming sound that i could not get rid of. I figured it was my headset, since it was just skullcandy headphones with a headphone jack cord. A few weeks later, my friend gave me his headset that he no longer needed, (note: it still worked perfectly fine for him) and it worked okay but now it has become almost unbearable. The humming noise is gone, but it constantly cuts out the audio to the point that i honestly would rather play without any audio than play with it only actually audible about 5% of the time. I really think something must be wrong with the headphone jack in my new controller, but i haven’t done anything that would cause it to be broken. Who do i talk to to get a refund or replacement? I tried looking in the support things but nothing really seemed to fit my scenario. Please help; i dont know what to do.

:)

Evangeline.Lee, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Jeffery Wafflez Win User

Controller Problems? Am I going crazy?

New xbox controllers (version 2019) show signs of being cheaper out of the box. My roomate has the controller from 4-5 years ago and it's just starting to shut down. My controller that came with my "new" xbox one S had a bad guide button out of the box and
    less than a year later, the audio jack stopped working. Got an older one to replace it, the audio jack quit. Now with a brand new one the audio cord has to be turned to the right, as of two days ago, or I don't get volume. I bought the headset with the controller.
    I will contact xbox about a replacement but now I have to send a controller in and whatever else just to land in these forums again in 2-3 months. I mean I did everything to take care of all of them. It's a shame because they look nice and are in great
    condition but they're all useless like a cloud locked Iphone. Just some 180$ of paper-weights.😥
  3. DerekMartin Win User

XBox One Chat issue, cant hear others in party audio nor can they hear me.

I went out and bought a brand new controller and after about 20min the headset chat audio stopped working so it's not the controllers.
  4. AOW G0d0fC0rn Win User

Xbox 1 stereo headset echo

Sometimes the connection to the controller needs to be plugged in better. But after a while the wire gets bent too much and causes a bad connection and makes an echo. You could try a different controller. It might be the controller jack is not making
    a good connection.
    Brand new just bought it yesterday I'll try the controller option
  5. Hoffasgrave Win User

Controller disconnects

See if anything on this page helps you: http://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects
    Sadly it doesn't as I said I already ran the trouble shooting and bought 2 brand new controllers plus had the retailer replace one of the two with a 3rd brand new controller but my original controller doesn't do it but has phantom movements which are just
    as bad.
  6. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Xbox controller removes sound on PC when connected.

Hi There,

Sorry for the frustrations this does sound irritating and unusual. You stated that you delete the Xbox controller from audio devices, have you instead tried to disable it? If you delete it Windows will just reinstall the drivers each time. Is your controller
    perhaps losing connection to your pc when this occurs? If you are using a lose connection or the controllers wireless connection is interrupted it could cause it to reconnect and mess with the audio on your pc as a new audio device has been detected.
Thema:

Brand new Xbox controller has bad audio connection

1. Brand new Xbox controller has bad audio connection - Similar Threads - Brand controller has

2. Xbox Series 2 Elite controller - rear paddles none work. Brand new

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series 2 Elite controller - rear paddles none work. Brand new: I'm not sure what im doing wrong, the controller is plugged in via usb and all other buttons and sticks work. Pressing any paddle i get no input. I have no idea what im doing wrong and this is...
  3. My brand new controllers are drifting and I have no idea what's happening.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new controllers are drifting and I have no idea what's happening.: Hey folks, I have purchased some new Xbox controllers and for some reason they are drifting really bad and the button response is delayed by like 1 to 2 seconds. I have tried restarting the...
  4. Brand new Xbox one controller BT issue

in XboX Insiders
    Brand new Xbox one controller BT issue: Solid light, randomly stopped working. Turns on, vibrates, and doesn’t respond to any buttons. Constant blinking if I try to connect. What do I do submitted by /u/jonnytrampoline [link] [comments]
  5. Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box: I received a Series S/X Electric Volt controller as a gift back in July from my partner as a birthday present and I was reluctant to use it because of how bad the Xbox One controllers have been...
  6. Custom build Xbox Controller bad button brand new what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom build Xbox Controller bad button brand new what to do?: I just received my custom built Xbox controller and the B button is non-responsive. It updated itself when first paired with the Xbox Series X. Tried connecting it via the USB cable with a PC and...
  7. Brand new Xbox one controller not charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox one controller not charging: We've had issues lately from charging controllers. We've bought new battery packs twice. Tried charging with the cord that came with it and other cords. Bought a brand new cord nada. Bought a...
  8. I bought a brand new controller and it has drifting problems~

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a brand new controller and it has drifting problems~: It drifts to the right without touching the right thumbstick.. It's litterally out of the box brand new first time I used it it's panning to the right.. Please tell me how this happens? IT'S...
  9. Brand new Xbox one controller already has horizontal stick drift on left joystick.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox one controller already has horizontal stick drift on left joystick.: I just used the warranty on my pro controller to get this new controller due to extremely bad and debilitating vertical drift on my left joystick and after playing one round of apex I've noticed...
  10. Brand NEW MS wireless controller, aim stick has constant drag to left

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand NEW MS wireless controller, aim stick has constant drag to left: Brand NEW MS wireless controller, aim stick has constant drag to left. Is there a way to fix or adjust this? Just got this for Xmas, barley tap it and it stops but soon your aim is slowly going...