brand new Xbox One X won't play dvds or bluray discs

Discus and support brand new Xbox One X won't play dvds or bluray discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox one DVD player not working keep getting "disc stopped HDMI input does not support HDCP rights management" (0x91d7000a). I've followed all the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SadLureLauncher, Jan 14, 2020.

1. brand new Xbox One X won't play dvds or bluray discs

Xbox one DVD player not working keep getting "disc stopped HDMI input does not support HDCP rights management" (0x91d7000a). I've followed all the troubleshooting (for the bluray app and the XBOX )steps on the Microsoft web site and still no ability
    to watch a previously purchased disc. I changed the cable between the multiple HDMI ports on my TV and still won't play. Frankly, I'm very irritate with a multi-BILLION dollar company not producing a machine capable of playing Blu-ray and DVDs even
    though the advertise that it will. I'm half tempted to return it and purchase an XBOX one S and got back to watching DVD's on a separate DVD player.

:)

SadLureLauncher, Jan 14, 2020
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

My first encounter with HDCP error was because my TV did not support it and required upgrading to a newer 4K UHD TV.

How old is the TV you have connected to the console?

HDCP wiki has more info.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

"After I buy the TV will I need to buy new cables and then new fiber optic cables from the internet provider as well? My apologies for the sarcasm however my situation vexes me. Thank you for
    the input/help."

Technology marches on. Depending on how you want to set it up, newer types of cables may be required. I use ARC so optical cables are not a consideration for me, but the next TV I buy will have HDR10 or +, something I overlooked
    when I purchased 4KUHDTV.
  4. SadLureLauncher Win User

That seems ridiculous to me. I buy a new Xbox and I need to buy a new 4k TV in order for it to work as advertised? After I buy the TV will I need to buy new cables and then new fiber optic cables from the internet provider as well? My apologies for
    the sarcasm AquarrzSudnnym however my situation vexes me. Thank you for the input/help.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

The TV is a 2009.
    I think that's where your problem originates.

My old Phillips was around that vintage.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox One imported from other region

Each Xbox One console is manufactured for a specific Blu-ray and DVD region, following international standards. The Xbox One console can play Blu-ray discs and DVDs that are sold in the same region as the console.

Some Blu-ray discs and DVDs are not region-encoded or are coded to all regions. Region-free Blu-ray discs and DVDs will play on any Xbox One console.

support.xbox.com/.../watch-bluray-dvd-movies
Thema:

1. brand new Xbox One X won't play dvds or bluray discs - Similar Threads - brand won't play

2. my xbox one won't download my brand new disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox one won't download my brand new disc: i got a disc for my birthday and it is not downloading. I put it in my xbox and then it just stays in there and doesn't go in to my queue. someone please tell me how to fix it!...
  3. Xbox controller won't connect to Xbox One, even though the controller is brand new

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller won't connect to Xbox One, even though the controller is brand new: Hi all, I am currently having issues with my Xbox One not connecting to my controllers. I have even gone as far as to go out and buy a brand new one and it still not connect wirelessly/or via usb...
  4. My brand new Elite Series 2 Controller won't charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new Elite Series 2 Controller won't charge: When I try to connect my controller to either the supplied elite series 2 charging dock or by directly connecting the supplied charging cable to the controller the charging LED indicator lights up...
  5. Brand New Xbox One S won't let me add my first account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox One S won't let me add my first account: Hello Xbox Support. Recently, I received a new Xbox One S as a gift, and have come into an issue. After the initial startup, instead of asking me to sign in with my first account during the...
  6. (PC) brand new xbox one controller won't charge, charging light turns white seconds after I...

in XBoX on Windows
    (PC) brand new xbox one controller won't charge, charging light turns white seconds after I...: I bought a brand new xbox one controller (for Windows 10 with a wireless USB receiver) a couple of days ago, along with a play charging kit. Both official microsoft products. I plug in the new...
  7. Sea of thieves won't start on my brand new Xbox one digital

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of thieves won't start on my brand new Xbox one digital: I just pirchased an xbox one digital edition,loaded sea of thieves on it, and the game goes no further than the sea of thieves splash screen. I have performes a hard reset. That did not work. I...
  8. Brand New XBox One won't read discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New XBox One won't read discs: Hello, I just bought a brand new Xbox One S and when we first opened it, my kids were able to load up one new game by inserting the disc. Ever since then, it won't read any of the discs. We keep...
  9. Blu-ray player won't work on brand new Xbox One S. Error code 0x91d70000, troubleshooting...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-ray player won't work on brand new Xbox One S. Error code 0x91d70000, troubleshooting...: Help, please - has anyone managed to sort this in a different way? 8a55ebd4-54b6-49b4-99db-517510eb9933
  10. Brand new minecraft won't play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand new minecraft won't play: I have a brand new Minecraft game for my 360. It will not play. When you put the disk in it says reading then says open tray. I now have two Minecraft disc that will not play. All of my other...