Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box

Discus and support Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I received a Series S/X Electric Volt controller as a gift back in July from my partner as a birthday present and I was reluctant to use it because of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TotalBlank, Aug 4, 2021.

1. TotalBlank
    TotalBlank Guest

Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box

I received a Series S/X Electric Volt controller as a gift back in July from my partner as a birthday present and I was reluctant to use it because of how bad the Xbox One controllers have been since day 1 but I finally decided to unbox it and finally give it a go. I played maybe 4-5 hours with it yesterday and today at the time of writing typing this out, I've used it for 2 hours. The controller's shells on both sides are ever so slightly misaligned, the guide button doesn't work properly to the point where I have to repeatedly press it in different spots until it brings up the menu (same thing goes for holding it down, I have to constantly find the 'right' spot to press and hold to get the "What would you like to do?" menu to show up) and all of the buttons (ABXY) are already sticking very badly (specifically the 'A' button sticks so bad it actually gets stuck and caught underneath the actual shell and doesn't come up).

I know this complaint of mine will "fall on deaf ears" so to speak because I the vast majority of gamers are perfectly content with accepting that their controllers and any other peripherals have faults in them but I am not one of those people. I expect much more from Microsoft, especially considering that each controller is nearly $80 with taxes. Since the Xbox One launched 8 years ago, I've purchased 5 (including a $160 Elite V1) controllers and each and every one of them needed to be returned at least once just to try and get a replacement that wasn't already faulty straight out of the box and then hopefully last me at least a few months without presenting any obvious deterioration but this has proven to be impossible for me. I'm officially at a loss for words at how the new line of controllers still have many of the issues the standard Xbox One controllers have had for years and Microsoft hasn't learned anything after nearly a decade of producing such low quality controllers.

Luckily my partner purchased a 3 year warranty because she knows how terrible the controllers are and how unlucky we've been with them for the last several years, so at least I can return this one but I expect very little from the replacements seeing as I have been unable to own a single one that didn't have issues out of the box or within a few weeks of use. I understand that warranty exists for a reason and returns do happen but I shouldn't be having to do this with every controller over the course of 8 years, it's absolutely unacceptable and I'm little more than fed up of having to send them in or return them to the store.

To sum it all up, I'd have to say I'm quite disappointed in the quality of Microsoft's Xbox controllers these last 8-9 years. Never have I ever had such a terrible time with any type of controller, ever, until the Xbox One controllers. I know there are a lot of pieces that go into these modern controllers and they aren't as simple as an NES/SNES controller from 25-30 years ago, but all the more reason to go back to using 2 shells (front and back), screws instead of cheap plastic clips that easily misalign the shells and go back to the ABXY buttons/pads the Xbox 360 controllers were made with because these controllers a simply awful.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I don't care whatsoever if you're among the people who have never experienced these issues, have experienced them but think they aren't "that bad" or among those who are going to outright accuse of me of being too rough/abusive with my controllers. I'm simply not interested and I'm not the only who who feels this way and it's time for more people to take their time to voice their displeasure to changes can happen in the future.

Here's a picture of the 'A' button being stuck. It gets stuck with every 2nd or 3rd press.

Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box [​IMG]

:)

TotalBlank, Aug 4, 2021
  2. MLTZER Win User

Quality has gone down hill, 4 faulty controllers!

Controllers are all brand new, issues straight out of the box.
  3. MLTZER Win User

Quality has gone down hill, 4 faulty controllers!

These where all brand new controllers. Issues where straight out of the box
  4. TheOldyMinecart Win User

GTA 5 installation issues on Series X

Again, this is a BRAND-NEW Xbox Series X, recently purchased, unopened, fresh out of the box, so for one, these issues should not be present, and two, I will not factory refresh the console. I LITERALLY just got it in the mail a few days ago. It looks brand-new, untouched.
  5. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Did the xbox series controller works on xbox one fat?

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Also the Xbox One controllers work on the new Series consoles.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

compatibilidad de controles xbox series con xbox one FAT?

Hi,

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Xbox One controllers also work on the new Series consoles.
Thema:

1. Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box - Similar Threads - Brand Series Electric

2. Video output issue brand new xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Video output issue brand new xbox series s: [img] it won't display Correctly just reset all my setting even changed hdmi cord twice need help thanks. Just bought system four days ago. caa09923-3f07-453a-95f2-844c428fabd1
  3. Bought a brand new Xbox series X and I can’t even play one game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a brand new Xbox series X and I can’t even play one game: I have to sign in here and reset this and restart and hard cycle and what??? Why can’t I just play a game? Wouldn’t happen with a PlayStation. Most expensive web browser I’ve ever purchased....
  4. Brand New Xbox Series X beeps twice, light blinks slowly and doesn't turn on. Why?

in XboX Insiders
    Brand New Xbox Series X beeps twice, light blinks slowly and doesn't turn on. Why?: Usually turning the console off then on again stops this, but why does this even happen? submitted by /u/evianstill [link] [comments]
  5. I bought a brand new series s console on the 2nd of December. Warranty is missing 5 months....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a brand new series s console on the 2nd of December. Warranty is missing 5 months....: Hello. I bought a new Series s console on the 2nd of December. I registered the device on my account. Warranty shows it will expire next year July, which is not correct. I contacted support. Said...
  6. Gta 5 premium edition keeps crashing on my brand new xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gta 5 premium edition keeps crashing on my brand new xbox series x: I got an xbox series x last week and been playing GTA 5 and some other games. I could play GTA 5 smoothly but had some weird green glitches on the screen and once the game crashed , froze the...
  7. Graphical issues on brand new Series X console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Graphical issues on brand new Series X console: I have received a new series X mid last week and have had an issue with it on numerous games, most prolific of which is Division 2 and Borderlands 3. After 20-30mins or so the graphics have a melt...
  8. Xbox Series 2 Elite controller - rear paddles none work. Brand new

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series 2 Elite controller - rear paddles none work. Brand new: I'm not sure what im doing wrong, the controller is plugged in via usb and all other buttons and sticks work. Pressing any paddle i get no input. I have no idea what im doing wrong and this is...
  9. Brand new Halo Series X, potential GPU or HDMI issue? Maybe a fluke thing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Halo Series X, potential GPU or HDMI issue? Maybe a fluke thing?: Hello everyone, Yesterday I got a brand new Series X, set it up and downloaded halo infinite with no issues. After starting my first game I played for about 10 minutes, then the game froze and...
  10. Xbox series x brand new halo edition keeps turning off randomly

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x brand new halo edition keeps turning off randomly: No idea why ! I changed the power cord , outlet , factory reset my console and it keep turning off randomly ! Please help submitted by /u/qpare007 [link] [comments]