Brand new Xbox Series X - Shuts off while playing Medium

Discus and support Brand new Xbox Series X - Shuts off while playing Medium in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I just purchased a Brand new Xbox Series X from the Microsoft store, received it, installed lastest patches. First game I install: Medium. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AndrewFleury, Feb 17, 2021.

1. AndrewFleury
    AndrewFleury Guest

Hello,

I just purchased a Brand new Xbox Series X from the Microsoft store, received it, installed lastest patches.
    First game I install: Medium.

I can't play more then a few minutes of the game until it completely shuts off the Xbox. Leaving the controller on. Only way to restart is to press power button on console

I've tried plugging it directly into the wall socket.
    Given it plenty of air flow. It's not on a carpet.

Just crashes completely all the time while playing this game

This is xbox 360 all over again
    I skipped xbox one in favor of PS4
    I'm finally back with Microsoft and a brand new console hard crashes and is unplayable.

Should I return this ? Hardware issue?

:)

AndrewFleury, Feb 17, 2021
  2. AndrewFleury Win User

Top that with the fact they have no phone support or chat support for hardware issues ??? are you kidding me...

I have to resort to forums to discuss my problems???

Every other consumer electronic company has a support line you can call to troubleshoot hardware
  3. fatherjessop92 Win User

Having the same issue. Purchased consile last Friday. Day 2 it began shutting down when playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Now its shutting down for forntite and state of decay as well. Probably crashed 10+ times at this stage. Going to have to request a repair I think as it cant be the games
  4. AndrewFleury Win User

My issue with the repairs is it seems to indicate they won't send you back a new console or your console for that matter. Probably a refurb..

I'm sorry, but if my 1 day old console is broken, I want a brand new one in return, not another broken returned product that was repaired...

I'm considering just plain returning.. if this is the kind of hardware we can expect from Microsoft

I'm very dissapointed...
  5. TomCole5 Win User

My Xbox Series X Shuts off while downloading games and also while playing

It happens randomly when playing games and also continuously when downloading a new game The sequence of events:

Xbox will seem to work, then controller stops working and starts flashing it's connection light then the Xbox just turns itself off and stays off (no restart).

I thought maybe it was due to an external SSD I have connected so tried removing it - nope still does it. I also thought maybe it was due to the transfer rates (I have a very fast internet connection) so I started up a game in the background to slow the
    download speed to ~ 30Mb/s. Nope still does it. Right now the only way to download a game is to continuously babysit and turn the console back on every 10 minutes are so until the download is complete. Playing games is another problem - it just stops and
    resets randomly by itself in the middle of playing (although no where near as often as when downloading a game).

I had the same drive and games in the Xbox One X and never had these problems so something isn't working quite right with the new architecture.

Anybody know if there is a workaround or solution for this?
    It's nothing to do with ventilation its we think a software issue read through the forum loads of us got the same problem
  6. ngocphi Win User

Question how is your x series placed

If on the floor on carpet

Put it on a shelf with lots of room and clearance if you are standing it up

The fans are ontop and the output is on the bottom carpet will block and keep heat in

You shouls have plenty of clearance on both sides too
Thema:

1. Brand new Xbox Series X - Shuts off while playing Medium - Similar Threads - Brand Series Shuts

2. Xbox One S won't read brand new Minecraft disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S won't read brand new Minecraft disc: Hello all. So recently my brother got Minecraft for his Xbox One S. He ordered it from an online store in the Philippines, and the product we received was legit, but it was the Japanese version....
  3. xbox series x brand new slow download speed for days

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x brand new slow download speed for days: it has been like 5 days since i bought my series x wired it cant pass the 20mb its not stable it goes up and down every 2 seconds like 7mb then 2mb then goes up again and again wireless it goes...
  4. Brand new Xbox Series X won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series X won’t turn on: Super dissappointed with Microsoft. Just opened brand new Xbox Series X, setup and it will not turn on. Tried to find a support number to call in Singapore and there is nothing but automated...
  5. What TV and brand with HDMI and settings for 4k and 8K quality to use consoles (xbox one x,...

in XboX Insiders
    What TV and brand with HDMI and settings for 4k and 8K quality to use consoles (xbox one x,...: What is best TV for gaming? My Toshiba 4k- Amazon Fire TV all of the sudden is acting up with video settings quality and audio when using for home consoles. I'm trying to find for a new and...
  6. Gray, black, and white lines at bottom of the screen and now a pixelated rainbow on a brand...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gray, black, and white lines at bottom of the screen and now a pixelated rainbow on a brand...: My boyfriend just got his new Xbox One X and the first few nights the screen was perfect and now he has gray, black, and white lines at the bottom of the screen then the whole screen turned to a...
  7. High Ping on brand new Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Ping on brand new Xbox Series X: Hello, I'm writing this message because I have some issues regarding my internet latency on my Xbox Series X. I installed it yesterday (in replacement of my Xbox One) and everything went good...
  8. Games keep crashing on brand new Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games keep crashing on brand new Series S: Like the title says, at first I thought my old One S games on a external drive were the problem, but when Series S installed games on the internal SSD had the same issue I went nuts, I have done...
  9. ESO on Xbox Series X - I want to be a part of the green Brand!

in XBoX on Consoles
    ESO on Xbox Series X - I want to be a part of the green Brand!: Hello everyone, I really want to switch to the Xbox, because I'm very annoyed by Sony. I am totally convinced that the Xbox has the better console + service to offer. My problem is that ESO is...
  10. My brand new Elite Series 2 Controller won't charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new Elite Series 2 Controller won't charge: When I try to connect my controller to either the supplied elite series 2 charging dock or by directly connecting the supplied charging cable to the controller the charging LED indicator lights up...