Breaker Tripping --- no issue for Xbox One but Xbox Series X directly into wall keeps tripping

Discus and support Breaker Tripping --- no issue for Xbox One but Xbox Series X directly into wall keeps tripping in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Previously had a Xbox one plugged in to media room circuit via a surge protector, never an issue. Got Xbox Series X and plugged it in same way and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by teekso, Dec 4, 2020.

1. teekso
    teekso Guest

Breaker Tripping --- no issue for Xbox One but Xbox Series X directly into wall keeps tripping

Previously had a Xbox one plugged in to media room circuit via a surge protector, never an issue.

Got Xbox Series X and plugged it in same way and tripped breaker twice the first day. Looked online and saw that I should plug directly into wall outlet. Since removing Xbox Series X from surge and to wall outlet, I am still having the media room circuit
    trip.

Electricians came out and checked all my outlets and even replaced the breaker and said they saw no issues.

Anything else I can check?

:)

teekso, Dec 4, 2020
  2. tejo chase Win User

Xbox one x is tripping my breaker.

You should always plug your xbox directly into a wall socket you shouldnt use any type of extension lead that being said if your xbox is tripping one of your trips then its very likely that there is an issue with your xbox and you should arrange a repair.
  3. gds1972 Win User

xbox one x scorpio edition

Hi

Can you please try connecting the console directly to the wall outlet and not connect it to any extension leads or surge protector to see if you still experience the same issue, If you do please try using an outlet connected to a different trip switch to
    see what happens?

Please be aware the Xbox One X has a higher power requirement than the Xbox One so it is possible that you may be overloading the circuit and causing it to trip
  4. AyeeJamesy Win User

maybe considering getting a new power cord
  5. slackadelic Win User

Dear Trevcore360,

Info on using a breaker.

"Note: Because the console has a built-in surge protector, you should not connect it to an external surge protector. If you connect the console to another surge protector, the console cannot reach the full
    power that is needed for optimal performance."

Happy gaming
    They retracted that statement because it's not actually true.
  6. Chudamaru Win User

Outside of upgrading the wiring where you live your best bet is to find one of the breakers that has the least load on it and plug it into an outlet on that breaker.

I'm going to assume that it's probably space heaters or such all on a single breaker that is your issue.
Thema:

1. Breaker Tripping --- no issue for Xbox One but Xbox Series X directly into wall keeps tripping - Similar Threads - Breaker Tripping issue

2. Suduko Ice breaker game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suduko Ice breaker game: Where can I download the microsoft Icebreaker 30787de1-44eb-47c3-a4c4-6a368c4d2448
  3. Microsoft sudoku Ice Breaker game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft sudoku Ice Breaker game: How do you use the "Notes" in the Microsoft Sudoku game Ice Breakers? 2a322c5e-1b71-4341-96a1-0fa9b567b0ae
  4. Xbox one x is tripping my breaker.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x is tripping my breaker.: every time i plug my xbox one x into outlet or surge protector it trips my power breaker. is there a way to fix this? 16477f57-1ca2-4a7d-914b-8480b5bf1bad
  5. XBox X PSU: Circuit Breaker or Fuse?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox X PSU: Circuit Breaker or Fuse?: Does the Xbox X Power Supply Unit have a circuit breaker or fuse? How does it work exactly? bfda432e-1363-4800-93f4-0dbdea2d806d
  6. I've noticed that the Watcher Breaker Consumable does absolutley nothing during battles.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've noticed that the Watcher Breaker Consumable does absolutley nothing during battles.: I love playing Killer Instinct but I have noticed a couple things that I hope can be improved. The Watcher Breaker is very disappointing because it does not activate at all or is just too...
  7. Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds 95mb title update issue on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds 95mb title update issue on Xbox One: I have a Xbox 360 and a Xbox One. First of all, I bought Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds when it was on sale a while back. Just last night I played it on the Xbox 360 and found there is a 95mb...
  8. Daily challenge lock breaker not opening

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Daily challenge lock breaker not opening: I cannot get the daily challenge lock breaker for the 1st Jan to open. It keeps going back to the start. Any suggestions please? 04d330c3-8d7f-4a0f-9358-50529108f1a3
  9. Why Phantom Breaker is not available on Xbox Live Marketplace in Mexico?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Phantom Breaker is not available on Xbox Live Marketplace in Mexico?: Why Phantom Breaker is not available on Xbox Live Marketplace in Mexico? I have the book published by Udon (Visual work) and interested me the game, I would like to buy, but this game is on the...
  10. Question(s) about the interaction between the KI Combo Breaker pack, and the digital version ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question(s) about the interaction between the KI Combo Breaker pack, and the digital version ...: Just so anyone reading this is already aware of that, I'm aware there is a general FAQ for the KI Combo Breaker pack which I already did read, though my questions weren't precisely answered there...