Broken PSU following repair

Discus and support Broken PSU following repair in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hi, Following my Xbox breaking and sending it off for repair along with the psu, I received it back today only to find the replacement psu is also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GPX 200, Jan 8, 2018.

1. GPX 200
    GPX 200 Guest

hi,

Following my Xbox breaking and sending it off for repair along with the psu, I received it back today only to find the replacement psu is also faulty!! After speaking to Xbox support they said to send it back and they will send a replacement within 14 days.
    Now after waiting 2 weeks for the Xbox repair resulting me in not having my Xbox over Christmas and not being able to play cod:ww2 which is still in its wrapping I was seriously annoyed for them to say they just couldn't send me a replacement. They also suggested
    I purchase one myself but after paying £100+ for the repair I'm not too keen on forking out another £30 on a psu. Anybody else had a similar experience?

:)

GPX 200, Jan 8, 2018
  2. MoDTXL
    MoDTXL Guest
    Bad power supply unit. I was told by xbox.

[View:]

I recordet a video with my broken PSU, if anyone has the same issue or an unbroken psu please check if it does the same so I can see if the PSU or the Console itself is broken

MoDTXL, Jan 8, 2018
  3. KILLERHEDAKE
    KILLERHEDAKE Guest
    Xbox turns on for 2 seconds then right off

Check the power supply. Is the led green, yellow or red? If you have another psu, try that or try a friends out on your console. Ensure its not the psu. If it's not the psu, check if there is any broken USB ports on the console, or any periphreals that could
    be shorting the console out that are damaged and plugged into the usb ports on the console. If not, it will need a repair. Start an order at www.xbox.com/support and follow the instructions.

KILLERHEDAKE, Jan 8, 2018
  4. KILLERHEDAKE Win User

Xbox turns on for 2 seconds then right off

Check the power supply. Is the led green, yellow or red? If you have another psu, try that or try a friends out on your console. Ensure its not the psu. If it's not the psu, check if there is any broken USB ports on the console, or any periphreals that could
    be shorting the console out that are damaged and plugged into the usb ports on the console. If not, it will need a repair. Start an order at www.xbox.com/support and follow the instructions.
  5. MoDTXL Win User

Bad power supply unit. I was told by xbox.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwbQOfDANiQ&feature=youtu.be]

I recordet a video with my broken PSU, if anyone has the same issue or an unbroken psu please check if it does the same so I can see if the PSU or the Console itself is broken
  6. Bhutankam Pema Win User

Xbox One PSU overheating

Make shure your PSU stays in a well vented area where e brees fresh air is to test it if it is a Problem of the Location... Try also using it without multiplugs and powerstrips...

A replacement should be cared under warranty, but if you want to Exchange it you^ll Need pay a Depot untill they get your broken PSU..

If you request a Repair, should be for free
  7. GrowlingYapper Win User

XB1 Power brick has orange light until I plug it into console, then goes dead

Yes you need it exchanged a broken psu can show a orange light.
  8. PetryBosch Win User

xbox wont cut on

Sounds like an issue with the PSU, can you swap the PSU with another one (for example from a friends xbox) ?

If the Xbox is still under warranty I suggest you contact Microsoft/Xbox support for repair.
Thema:

1. Broken PSU following repair - Similar Threads - Broken PSU following

2. Broken multiplayer parental controls

in XBoX on Windows
    Broken multiplayer parental controls: I recently purchased Forza horizon 4 and the multiplayer appears locked when I click on it it says the following "This feature is blocked per your Xbox live parental controls. I am 20 and I am no...
  3. Minecraft Nintendo Switch - Map Broken - "The software was closed because an error occured"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Nintendo Switch - Map Broken - "The software was closed because an error occured": Hi, let's hope I reach some support here. I've been a passionate Minecraft player for years on pc. As I've got a Nintendo Switch I've decided to buy Minecraft for it. I played several hours,...
  4. Broken shoulder bumpers on Xbox One elite controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Broken shoulder bumpers on Xbox One elite controller: Need to replace the broken shoulder bumpers on elite controller. Does Microsoft carry the parts? Or has anyone found quality parts on Amazon? 02fca29d-b869-4966-8a54-d7c175bf9693
  5. Xbox 360 download history link is broken.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 download history link is broken.: All the support pages point to this page: https://live.xbox.com/download/history but that redirects to https://account.xbox.com/en-us/MyGames?gameType=Xbox360&rtc=1 which comes up completely...
  6. Quantum Break is Broken, Textures are ugly, Bug or Hardware problem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Quantum Break is Broken, Textures are ugly, Bug or Hardware problem?: Just got Quantum Break for my Xbox one S. Installed it with the latest update. Cutscenes are working fine but when I’m playing the game, almost all textures have squares in it or there are no...
  7. Broken achievement. Yu Gi Oh Legacy of the Duelist.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Broken achievement. Yu Gi Oh Legacy of the Duelist.: So there's this achievement in Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelist that just won't unlock. Its driving me nuts, if its forever broken I'll be pretty annoyed. Been working towards a 100% account for...
  8. broken xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    broken xbox: hello my name is francisco h, i had an appoinment with microsoft and they told me to send in my device since my problem couldnt be solved, i want to know where do i request a sending kit for me to...
  9. Broken Ban System

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Broken Ban System: Xbox has the absolute ban system out of any console I have ever seen. I got messaged by a kid telling me I'm trash in a multiplayer game. Not only was the kid cheating, he literally went out of...
  10. 1/2 price xbox live gold 1000 apex coins link broken xbox aware but not all advocate...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    1/2 price xbox live gold 1000 apex coins link broken xbox aware but not all advocate...: Anyone purchasing the 3 months 1/2 price gold (UK) 1000 apex coins the link was broken and charged you the full price. problem is many advocates are unaware of the offer but I have had luck with...