Broken surround sound with Dolby Atmos

Discus and support Broken surround sound with Dolby Atmos in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For the last two or three skip ahead releases, I have noticed that I no longer have any surround sound in apps that I normally would expect to have it.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/steppingstone01, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Broken surround sound with Dolby Atmos

For the last two or three skip ahead releases, I have noticed that I no longer have any surround sound in apps that I normally would expect to have it. For instance, YouTube TV video on demand content used to contain surround sound for the most part. The Starz and Showtime Anytime apps also. Some content on Netflix that claims to have Dolby Digital 5.1 sound support is also not in surround sound for the past couple of weeks. Has anyone else noticed this? Yes, I did file a report about it. My sound system is Vizio SB36514-G6.

submitted by /u/steppingstone01
    [link] [comments]

/u/steppingstone01, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Goofy19781 Win User

Atmos Problem

Dolby Surround is a upscaler from a not atmos source like 5.1 or 2.0 to surround with use of al your speakers like 5.1.2 or higher.

dts neuralx is the same upscaling system from dts

You had no problem with atmos, you think you had.

Now with the new firmware update the xbox one x is a broken thing with netflix

With a non atmos source the receiver must do the upscaling but now the xbox puts out a 2.0 or 5.1 stream in a atmos package, and no sound is comming out your atmos speakers.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox one s not using atmos speakers in games

I also re-installed the dolby acces app. Demo content in the app itself plays sound from my height speakers and the rest of my speakers. I only get this problem when playing games, where only the height speakers are not playing any sound at all.
    It seems that the console and your audio system is properly configured for Dolby Atmos, since the Atmos Demo works.

Also try to download the free "Insects" demo from Microsoft, which allows you to switch between Dolby Atmos and "regular" surround sound.

Check if Atmos works in that demo, as the Atmos Demos in the app are usually videos with a fixed, pre-rendered audio track.

Also, which games are you trying exactly? Do the games really support Dolby Atmos themselves? Because the Xbox One S will not "upscale" regular surround sound from non-Atmos games to have height information.
  4. Goofy19781 Win User

Dolby atmos issues

Yes its now broken with the update, for watching netflix with a real atmos setup 5.1.2.

The receiver thinks its atmos but its a 5.1 or even a 2.0 stream hidden in a atmos package.

blu ray works fine atmos is atmos and 5.1 is upscaled by the receiver to dolby surround with use or al your atmos speakers so it must be.
  5. Arminator Win User

Using earphones on a wireless remote

Check that you have fresh batteries in the controller, as the controller turns off some features when the batteries get low to conserve battery power like rumble and headphone sound.

Also, can you go to the Settings under Display & Sound and check the settings there. If you have set the headset audio to "Dolby Atmos for Headphones", be aware that you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app.

If you simply downloaded the Dolby Atmos app for free, you only get a 14 day trial of Dolby Atmos for Headphones. After 14 days, Dolby Atmos for Headphones stops working.

You can switch to "Windows Sonic for Headphones" to get the same spatial surround sound effect "for free".
  6. Arminator Win User

Can't Hear Game Audio or menu sounds through headset

Is your console enrolled in the Insider Preview Program?

When you go to the settings under Display&Sound, do you have the console set up to also play game sound through the headphones? If so, do you use any spatial surround modes like Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for headphones?

If you set it to Dolby Atmos for Headphones, did you actually purchase Dolby Atmos for headphones? If not, you could only try Dolby Atmos for headphones for two weeks. So check the settings if the headphones work with Stereo or Windows Sonic.
Thema:

Broken surround sound with Dolby Atmos

1. Broken surround sound with Dolby Atmos - Similar Threads - Broken surround sound

2. Games with broken achievements

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games with broken achievements: My experience has been that when an achievement doesn't pop it's due to the following; 33% Cache needs cleared (hard reset) 33% Haven't actually met the requirements 33% Notifications are set...
  3. Broken AD in MS SUDOKU

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Broken AD in MS SUDOKU: There are 2 BROKEN ADS in the Sudoku Game. None of the page navigation links work. They do not allow you to either GET the game or close any part of the 2 windows/dialog boxes. JEWELS OF ROME is...
  4. Was Out In Join Broken Lens on MCPE 1.5.0.0

in XBoX on Mobile
    Was Out In Join Broken Lens on MCPE 1.5.0.0: Why did I get out when I joined a server on mcpe 1.5.0.0 ce37c087-0ccc-4a52-8e92-4ed90bed2532
  5. Xbox One disc drive band broken. Need a replacement band

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One disc drive band broken. Need a replacement band: My Xbox one disc drive recently stopped working, i checked what it was and the band that drives the eject roller was broken and needed to be replaced. I have had no luck finding a replacement for...
  6. Left Stick is broken: It hangs and you can't change direction.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left Stick is broken: It hangs and you can't change direction.: For the 12'th time since I bought my xbox one, a left stick of a controller broke. If you roll it around, you can hear it clicking. If you play and try to change direction, it hangs. What should...
  7. Broken UI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken UI: OK so two days ago I got a new TV for my Xbox One X because the last one was broken. I turned it on and started playing with my friends on games that were already installed. I tried to play For...
  8. Xbox Controller button is broken what are my options?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller button is broken what are my options?: So the left bumper button on my controller has popped out of place while gaming and it no longer works. I have had the controller as long as my xbox over 3 years and I am now wondering what my...
  9. Internet data statistics totally broken. I just download 9gb patch for friday 13 game, far...

in XboX Insiders
    Internet data statistics totally broken. I just download 9gb patch for friday 13 game, far...: [IMG] submitted by /u/earmack [link] [comments]
  10. 7.1 Surround is BROKEN on Xbox One for 5.1 content in apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    7.1 Surround is BROKEN on Xbox One for 5.1 content in apps: When using a 7.1 receiver & speaker setup over HDMI with Xbox One, set to the default of "7.1 Uncompressed" - Blu-ray movies, and games work just fine. Sound comes out of the expected channels,...