Broken surround sound with Dolby Atmos

Discus and support Broken surround sound with Dolby Atmos in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For the last two or three skip ahead releases, I have noticed that I no longer have any surround sound in apps that I normally would expect to have it.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/steppingstone01, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Broken surround sound with Dolby Atmos

For the last two or three skip ahead releases, I have noticed that I no longer have any surround sound in apps that I normally would expect to have it. For instance, YouTube TV video on demand content used to contain surround sound for the most part. The Starz and Showtime Anytime apps also. Some content on Netflix that claims to have Dolby Digital 5.1 sound support is also not in surround sound for the past couple of weeks. Has anyone else noticed this? Yes, I did file a report about it. My sound system is Vizio SB36514-G6.

submitted by /u/steppingstone01
    [link] [comments]

/u/steppingstone01, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Kev7420 Win User

Dolby Atmos App - When will it be updated

Maybe this can help https://www.howtogeek.com/309853/how-to-use-dolby-atmos-surround-sound-on-windows-10/
  3. Goofy19781 Win User

Atmos Problem

Dolby Surround is a upscaler from a not atmos source like 5.1 or 2.0 to surround with use of al your speakers like 5.1.2 or higher.

dts neuralx is the same upscaling system from dts

You had no problem with atmos, you think you had.

Now with the new firmware update the xbox one x is a broken thing with netflix

With a non atmos source the receiver must do the upscaling but now the xbox puts out a 2.0 or 5.1 stream in a atmos package, and no sound is comming out your atmos speakers.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox one s not using atmos speakers in games

I also re-installed the dolby acces app. Demo content in the app itself plays sound from my height speakers and the rest of my speakers. I only get this problem when playing games, where only the height speakers are not playing any sound at all.
    It seems that the console and your audio system is properly configured for Dolby Atmos, since the Atmos Demo works.

Also try to download the free "Insects" demo from Microsoft, which allows you to switch between Dolby Atmos and "regular" surround sound.

Check if Atmos works in that demo, as the Atmos Demos in the app are usually videos with a fixed, pre-rendered audio track.

Also, which games are you trying exactly? Do the games really support Dolby Atmos themselves? Because the Xbox One S will not "upscale" regular surround sound from non-Atmos games to have height information.
  5. Goofy19781 Win User

Dolby atmos issues

Yes its now broken with the update, for watching netflix with a real atmos setup 5.1.2.

The receiver thinks its atmos but its a 5.1 or even a 2.0 stream hidden in a atmos package.

blu ray works fine atmos is atmos and 5.1 is upscaled by the receiver to dolby surround with use or al your atmos speakers so it must be.
  6. Echo4Ent Win User

Surround Sound Headset

I like the Turtle Beach Stealth 700. It uses Windows Sonic for surround sound, and is Dolby Atmos compatible.

The Stealth 800X is 7.1 surround, and can be found on sale for around $180

Most of the rest of the Xbox Surround Sound Headsets run above the $200 mark.
Thema:

Broken surround sound with Dolby Atmos

1. Broken surround sound with Dolby Atmos - Similar Threads - Broken surround sound

2. xbox app parties are broken

in XBoX on Mobile
    xbox app parties are broken: i use the xbox app to join parties when i get into groups on overwatch for competitive play. im saving up to buy a headset but currently my only option is to use my airpods through my ipad or...
  3. Broken controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken controllers: I just bought a arctic camo controller 2 weeks ago and my bumbers are unresponsive and the top bit just popped off after i pulled down rt to blow air is there a way that i could get a replacement...
  4. Voice chat has been broken for months on every game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Voice chat has been broken for months on every game: As the title says. Voice chat has been broken in every single game I play, and it's been like this for months. My boyfriend is having this issue too so it's not just me. I can hear them but they...
  5. Since the Xbox 4K GameDVR recording (4K capture) is broken for so long. How many of you see...

in XboX Insiders
    Since the Xbox 4K GameDVR recording (4K capture) is broken for so long. How many of you see...: Hey Xbox Insiders, like the title explains it. It would be interesting to see, how many of you see the Xbox One X 4K GameDVR feature as too crucial to ignore. I had this issue for about 9 months...
  6. I'm scared to go up to a higher ring out of fear of losing data, broken software that I...

in XboX Insiders
    I'm scared to go up to a higher ring out of fear of losing data, broken software that I...: As the title says, I'm not so sure about going up to the next ring (beta) out of fear that it might break in an unfixable way. Is this an irrational fear, or is that a thing that happens? I'm...
  7. What does this error mean? Broken HDD?

in XboX Insiders
    What does this error mean? Broken HDD?: Hi guys, I got a used xbox recently and I knew it didn't work but I thought I can fix it and use it. It initially starts up with error E200 which I know is an update issue. I thought, easy...
  8. home xbox with girlfriend broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    home xbox with girlfriend broken: I have my girlfriends xbox set as my home so I can play on her console and we can play together but I went on my devices list (in a browser) and accidentally removed her xbox from my devices. I...
  9. Is surround broken on OS version 10.0.19041.1736 ?

in XboX Insiders
    Is surround broken on OS version 10.0.19041.1736 ?: Hi everyone ! Since the last update in Alpha Ring, surround sound seems to be broken to me. OS version is 10.0.19041.1736 rs_xbox_release_2004.200309-0000) TV is a LG 49sm9000 (Dolby Atmos &...
  10. 7.1 Surround is BROKEN on Xbox One for 5.1 content in apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    7.1 Surround is BROKEN on Xbox One for 5.1 content in apps: When using a 7.1 receiver & speaker setup over HDMI with Xbox One, set to the default of "7.1 Uncompressed" - Blu-ray movies, and games work just fine. Sound comes out of the expected channels,...