Broken UI

Discus and support Broken UI in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; OK so two days ago I got a new TV for my Xbox One X because the last one was broken. I turned it on and started playing with my friends on games that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Michael Connaire, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Broken UI

OK so two days ago I got a new TV for my Xbox One X because the last one was broken. I turned it on and started playing with my friends on games that were already installed. I tried to play For Honor which was installed but it needed an update so I said
    OK that's fine I'll update it. I check on it and the installation stops on 0% then starts again and this goes on and on for whatever reason. While I was with my friends I also thought Mortal Kombat 11 and Outlast 2, both digital, and I can't install them or
    anything else. I tried alot of things that didn't work but in the end I ended up factory resetting the Xbox. I went to add new to add my account, it gave me a 2 minute loading screen and put me back to the sign in bar. So now I have a
    [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] Xbox. I've tried installing the apps I had like YouTube, but I can't sign in so I have an unusable Xbox One X. It also tells me that there is a system update but it refuses to update it aswell. Please help if you
    know what I should do. Thanks.

:)

Michael Connaire, Aug 15, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Broken UI

This sounds like a Networking issue.

Are you using WiFi or a wired connection from console to router?

Have you power cycled your router and waited till it's fully functional BEFORE turning the console back on?

The unable to connect solution may be of assistance to you.
  3. himalay_atram Win User

Broken UI

4. XBF Eladio M Win User

Broken UI

Hey Michael

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with using content you have installed on your console.

In this scenario, since there seems to be so many odd things occurring with the console, I would recommend that we perform a soft

factory reset
    . This will essentially provide a clean start-up for you, and should alleviate this issue.

This can be done by following these simple steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    4. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:
      • Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. You should use this option when selling
        or gifting the console to someone else. You should only use this option as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.
      • Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. This will save you from downloading
        or reinstalling the large game files. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose
        Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with
        Reset and keep my games & apps
        and save Reset and remove everything as a last resort.
      • Cancel. To back out of this screen, simply select the
        Cancel
        button. No action has been taken at this point. This is a safe exit from this screen.

I would implore you to use the Reset and keep my games & apps option, as this will reduce the amount of time it takes to get back to gaming.

Please, keep in mind that doing this will remove any accounts on your console, as well as Home Xbox associations, so be sure to have the email and the password to the accounts you want on your Xbox.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  5. VCsnip3r Win User

XboxOne Needs Recent Players List, Please

Agree.. Along with some other basic UI stuff..... Party chat on? Plz fire the guy responsible for that.....common sense .. Also the 360 UI wasn't broken. Just underpowered.
  6. AftmostRoom04 Win User

What have you people done to Netflix?

Netflix told me they just define the UI, but MS wrote the parental controls. Nice to hear that neither wants to take credit, at least it implies they know that it's broken.
Thema:

Broken UI

1. Broken UI - Similar Threads - Broken

2. Xbox One Controller Triggers (Z-Axis) completely broken after reassembly

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller Triggers (Z-Axis) completely broken after reassembly: Hello I recently attempted to replace cosmetically damaged triggers on my Xbox One wired controller for PC, so I decided to replace the triggers (just the plastic bits that you touch, that house...
  3. Forza Motorsport 5 broken achievements

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport 5 broken achievements: There are 6 achievements in Forza Motorsport 5 that were unlocking but stopped. Someone from Trueachievements.com contacted Forza support and was informed that this was a Microsoft Xbox issue - ....
  4. Master Chief Collection is absolutely broken on beta ring.

in XboX Insiders
    Master Chief Collection is absolutely broken on beta ring.: Both of my consoles, X and S, the game takes way too long to load (like 20 mins of waiting on the splash screen) and then going to each different section makes the game freeze for like 5-10 mins....
  5. Minecraft Beta 1.13.0.9 is broken or maybe it’s laggy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Beta 1.13.0.9 is broken or maybe it’s laggy: After I made the mistake of unenrolling from the Minecraft Beta I re enrolled because I realized it was dumb. Now all of a sudden I have lag if I look at my house, and my sugar cane farm doesn’t...
  6. HDR Broken on old Dashboard

in XboX Insiders
    HDR Broken on old Dashboard: I'm on the latest Skip Ahead Alpha OS, but in the current dashboard rather than the new preview one and HDR no longer works. If I check my video calibration settings it shows that my TV supports...
  7. Amazon Prime App interface broken?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Prime App interface broken?: scenario: i open the app, find a tv series. Blood &Treasure for instance, ( any series ) and i watch the first episode. I decide i want to watch the entire series with my wife. The first episode...
  8. Minecraft Windows 10, Broken world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10, Broken world: My brother and I have a world together, on my local save. We have countless hours in it combined, but he (seemingly randomly) can’t connect to it anymore. He and I can connect to other friends’...
  9. REALLY STILL BROKEN-Xbox Game Pass PC-Cant Install Metro Exodus Error Code 0x80040154

in XBoX on Windows
    REALLY STILL BROKEN-Xbox Game Pass PC-Cant Install Metro Exodus Error Code 0x80040154: Hi All, This is my 3rd attempt to get this issue resolved. First off, I appreciate everyone who has offered help on my previous two threads. However, this does not appear to be my PC. As stated...
  10. STILL BROKEN-Xbox Game Pass PC-Cant Inistall Metro Exodus Error Code 0x80040154

in XBoX on Windows
    STILL BROKEN-Xbox Game Pass PC-Cant Inistall Metro Exodus Error Code 0x80040154: Hi, I STILL cannot install Metro Exodus for Windows using Xbox Beta App nor the Microsoft Store. I am STILL getting error code 0x80040154. I had someone reply to my initial post about this issue...