BSkyB Broadband Customers Having Login Issues

Discus and support BSkyB Broadband Customers Having Login Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone... A few hours ago I started to have issues logging into Xbox Live. When attempting to Login, I was receiving an error message stating:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by elcowardo, May 7, 2014.

1. elcowardo
    elcowardo Guest

Hi everyone...

A few hours ago I started to have issues logging into Xbox Live.

When attempting to Login, I was receiving an error message stating: 0x8004804E

After hours of troubleshooting I found the issue was the Sky Broadband Shield is incorrectly picking up login.live.com as a phishing site. I called Sky and they have confirmed that they have received a number of complaints from customer's unable to log into
    their Microsoft based emails or their Xbox One's.

The only way around this for now is to turn the Shield off until they fix the issue, and at this point they have said they don't know how long this will take.

To turn the Sky Shield off follow the below steps:

Click on 'My Sky' followed by 'Your Broadband Shied' in the drop down menu

Click 'Turn Off'

After you do the above, give it a few minutes and restart your Xbox One and you should be able to Login without issue.

Hope this helps someone!

:)

elcowardo, May 7, 2014
  2. Fishy Eats
    Fishy Eats Guest
    [Error] 80151909 - Please Help

I've had this error code 80151909 for the past hour it says in the diagnostics that everything is fine but when i connect to xbox live it says unable to connect ?\

Broadband: BSkyB, Open Nat and MTU and enabled UpNp and turned of and turned on the router about a dozen times.... Any ideas ?

Fishy Eats, May 7, 2014
  3. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    Sierra Wireless 753S

Hi,

It is very likely an issue with your ISP yes, mobile broadband providers often use private ip addresses to assign to their customers (you) instead of public ones, which leads to NAT issues when it comes to gaming

GMAN990, May 7, 2014
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

@XcL Chudy - Mind the timestamp, when this thread was originally created!

taidara, Aug 11, 2014
  5. taidara Win User

@XcL Chudy - Mind the timestamp, when this thread was originally created!
  6. Biggsy5210 Win User

BT Broadband customer issues

this is instructional not a question by the way
  7. Hoveringpie Win User

TV Through Console

I am I have bskyb running, I only get the odd glitch, But apart from that its fine!
  8. Sporkings Win User

xBox One Digital TV Problem

Worked for me, too. Thanks! Switched from Digital to Analogue and BSkyB to Freeview.
  9. Cosmicthoughts Win User

BT Broadband, Any good?

[quote user="xD4DDYx"]Isn't Sky the only provider that doesn't penalise your speed during peak times too though? Pretty sure they are, although that was common knowledge a while back and since then others may have followed, not BT though.[/quote]Not entirely.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/broadband/set-up/sky-broadband-product-information/index.html

Do any restrictions apply to the service?

To ensure we provide a sustainable quality broadband service to our customers, we continuously monitor and efficiently manage the Sky Network as a whole. To do this, during peak times (from 5pm to 12am each day), we may slow down the speed that all Sky Broadband
    Connect customers can get on applications such as peer-to-peer networking and newsgroups, which we consider use up a lot of bandwidth and have a negative affect on other customers.

There are no restrictions in place for applications such as browsing, email, streaming, instant messaging and VOIP during peak times. We do not put restrictions on our Connect network outside of peak times. There are no restrictions whatsoever at any time
    for those customers who have Sky Broadband Everyday Lite or Sky Broadband Unlimited.

I suppose it's debatable if Xbox Live comes under any of those, and it obviously does not apply to all Sky users.

Virgin have no limits on their XXL package apparently.
Thema:

1. BSkyB Broadband Customers Having Login Issues - Similar Threads - BSkyB Broadband Customers

2. Broadband usage stats incorrect for hourly and monthly stats

in XboX Insiders
    Broadband usage stats incorrect for hourly and monthly stats: Anyone else noticed that the broadband usage stats are not accurate? System>Settings>Network>Network settings>Broadband usage used to show actual download stats for hourly and historical usage...
  3. White sign in screen when using mobile broadband

in XBoX on Consoles
    White sign in screen when using mobile broadband: Hi Guys. First time poster here so be gentle please. Ok both my sons have xbox ones & one likes to play online with his friends but our broadband here cannot handle it when we have more than one...
  4. Virgin Media's Broadband to Hit 500Mbps by Spring 2019 in the UK

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Virgin Media's Broadband to Hit 500Mbps by Spring 2019 in the UK: Virgin Media: Extending our speed leadership with spring launch of 500 Mbps broadband in the UK This is great news for someone like myself with a large gaming family! With the bundled 35Mbps...
  5. Broadband connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broadband connection: Hey guys, does anyone know if you can use a broadband cable and connect it to the xbox one S instead of the router? Thanks! 2e84e6a9-8c18-4053-973b-0b7a7fc269eb
  6. Low broadband speed compared to other wired devices - how to fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Low broadband speed compared to other wired devices - how to fix?: We’ve had recurring issues with lag and dropouts when playing multiplayer games using Live - most noticeably on Fortnite. I noticed - when looking at adavanced network settings - that the speeds...
  7. BT Home Hub BT Home Hub 5: xbox one keeps disconnecting and connecting from my broadband

in XboX Networking Hardware
    BT Home Hub BT Home Hub 5: xbox one keeps disconnecting and connecting from my broadband: BT Home Hub (Modems/Gateways) BT Home Hub 5: xbox one keeps disconnecting and connecting from my broadband Every time I turn my Xbox one i can sign into my Xbox live profile but then it keeps...
  8. Wave Broadband: Bialystok www.48503391530.cba.pl

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wave Broadband: Bialystok www.48503391530.cba.pl: Wave Broadband (ISPs): Bialystok www.48503391530.cba.pl Bialystok www.48503391530.cba.pl 4c40617c-1510-48db-88ca-7b9c27c45402
  9. Xbox one wifi to Sky broadband

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wifi to Sky broadband: I am having terrible trouble with my xbox one's connectivity with my wifi with my Sky broadband. I have followed many of the suggestions on here and tried them but I will never know if it is going...
  10. Xbox One Live TV Setup causes BSkyB Viewing Card to be disabled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Live TV Setup causes BSkyB Viewing Card to be disabled: Hello, I have been trying to get my Sky HD box to play through my Xbox One. I connected my Sky HDMI cable to the Xbox and started the setup process. However it seems to fail at the first setp,...