Bug with E-mail Aliases and Xbox Live Accounts

Discus and support Bug with E-mail Aliases and Xbox Live Accounts in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve recently added an alias to my Outlook account and made it my primary alias. For most services this has caused no issues, however my Xbox Live... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SamGross97, Sep 2, 2019.

1. SamGross97
    SamGross97 Guest

I’ve recently added an alias to my Outlook account and made it my primary alias. For most services this has caused no issues, however my Xbox Live account does not recognize the new alias as the same Outlook account for Xbox Live services, including multiplayer.
    It tends to disconnect from Xbox Live entirely upon signing in, even if I remove the account from my Xbox One and add it back with my either alias. Has anyone else encountered this issue? What should I do? Is a hotfix in order, perhaps?

:)

SamGross97, Sep 2, 2019
  2. SamGross97 Win User

Looks like it’s working now. I bet it has more to do with updating Xbox Live’s account info about linked e-mails than directly about the service, but the issue seems to have resolved itself after about a day with the new alias. Thank you!
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Sam

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are experiencing difficulties with staying signed into your account.

If this has just stated occurring today for you, this may have something to do with the current

Xbox Live Service Alert
    we are currently experiencing.

If you can confirm this has been reproduced across several day, then we might be able to provide much more tailored troubleshooting techniques for us to reach a favorable solution.
  4. Isfar-A00D2D64-6898- Win User

my account that I'm using recently was deleted

Hello StingingChart,

You can change your Account e-mail online also.

• First go to account.live.com/.../Manage (You may be asked to login) You should be in a thing called "Account aliases"
    • click "add aliases"
    • add your new e-mail address (Choose "Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias" if it isn't a @live or @hotmail account "Yahoo, AOL, Etc.)
    • you will have to confirm that address by clicking the link provided in an e-mail to that address.
    • Once the e-mail is confirmed go back to Account aliases and set that e-mail as "primary"
    • Hope this helps, Good Luck
  5. DanielGabriel2 Win User

Change My Xbox Live email

There is a very simple way of doing this if not done so yet already

Step 1. Visit http://account.live.com. And sign in with the current Xbox LIVE E-mail that is linked to it.

Step 2. On the website given above click on Aliases

Step 3. Add Alias you will be able to make a new e-mail address through this process

You should then have the option to delete or keep the old alias, or make the new one the primary alias, though in my experience using the alias process you should be able to sign into your xbox live account with all aliases associated on that specific xbox
    account. If you want to just discard the old e-mail from your xbox account in that case it might just be an idea to just make the newly set up one the primary and the old one deleted.

Hope this helped a little.
  6. Mob Of The Dead Win User

Gmail Accounts should be able to be used for Xbox Live.

You can use Gmail for your xbox live account. it can be used as an alias and a contact email address. go to
    http://account.live.com/ and click on "account aliases". There, you can add *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***, etc.

Good luck and Happy Gaming!
Thema:

1. Bug with E-mail Aliases and Xbox Live Accounts - Similar Threads - Bug mail Aliases

2. Borderlands 3 Bug?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 3 Bug?: So, just got the game and am trying to play co op. We are stuck at the area with [Mod Removed - see Guidelines] when he is trying to give you the tracking device. We are unable to move, only look...
  3. Is this a bug some of my games are missing there picture

in XboX Insiders
    Is this a bug some of my games are missing there picture: So once I got to my games in my ready to install list I have 2 games that have a blank picture DayD through time Lornsword winter It's been like this for 3 weeks now Is this a me issue or...
  4. Broadcast Gameplay option bugged in Privacy & online safety settings on PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    Broadcast Gameplay option bugged in Privacy & online safety settings on PC.: Is there any known fix for the broadcast gameplay option in the Privacy & online safety settings? When I attempt to stream via the windows game bar I receive this error. I have scoured the...
  5. Gears 5 Sound Bug

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 Sound Bug: Hello, Xbox player playing on PC As soon as I launch I am hit with a sound bug, the only way I can describe it is, Lag, so I will get sound for maybe half a second then it will be silent for...
  6. Bug

in XBoX on Windows
    Bug: Hello, in Pc I have a bug in Gears 5 that the parallel conversations during the game between the characters are mute, like cut off and in the configuration are linked. Already the cinematographic...
  7. (Bug) Blair witch - got stuck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (Bug) Blair witch - got stuck: Hello. Ive been playing Blair witch game on xbox one for a while. I completed 6 chapters but I got stuck in chapter 7. I thought that I just dont know what to do so I checked a walktrough a...
  8. Probleme Xbox One S ( Bug dans le Menu et dans n'importe que jeux ) I take the answers in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Probleme Xbox One S ( Bug dans le Menu et dans n'importe que jeux ) I take the answers in...: Bonjour , Voici mon probleme , Depuis que j'ai déménage , j'ai change de téle et je suis parti sur une téle 4k j'ai donc branche mon xbox dessus et depuis ce jour rien n'est fluide le menu xbox...
  9. The Insider App (Report a Bug) needs an overhaul.

in XboX Insiders
    The Insider App (Report a Bug) needs an overhaul.: For those who have a game library big enough will understand how slow is to report a game bug, cause you have to wait for the app to load all the library and game tile icons before you can move...
  10. BUG

in XBoX on Windows
    BUG: Bonjour , Cela fait plus de 2 semaines que je possède forza horizon 4 , je suis niveau 31 mais je n'accède pas a la salle des enchères pour vendre mes véhicules , cela commence légèrement...