Bug with Far Cry 4 after starting Forza Horizons 4 on Series X

Discus and support Bug with Far Cry 4 after starting Forza Horizons 4 on Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I haven't ever played Far Cry 4 on my Series X until the other day when they announced Frame Boost so I started it up Sunday and screwed around playing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lt Farty Pants, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Bug with Far Cry 4 after starting Forza Horizons 4 on Series X

I haven't ever played Far Cry 4 on my Series X until the other day when they announced Frame Boost so I started it up Sunday and screwed around playing and it looked and played well.

I played Far Cry 4 again this morning and it was fine. I then started up Forza Horizons 4 and screwed around. Later I started up Far Cry 4 again and the graphics were screwed up with black boxes at the bottom flickering. I tried exiting Far Cry 4 and restarting the game and it still had the black boxes. I tried starting a new game on Far Cry 4 and still the same screwed up graphics. I rebooted the series x and that solved it.

I started up a different game (Tetris Effect) then went back to Far Cry 4 and it was fine. I then started Forza Horizons 4 again then went back to Far Cry 4 and yep it was screwed up again. I rebooted and Far Cry 4 was good again.

So then I started up Tetris Effect and left it in quick resume and started up Far Cry 4 and it was fine. I then left Far Cry 4 in quick resume and started up Dead By Daylight and left it in quick resume and then resumed Far Cry 4, it was fine. I then left it in quick resume and started Ms. Pac Man, left it in quick resume and went back to Far Cry 4 and it was fine. I then started State of Decay 2 and left it in quick resume and resumed Far Cry 4 and it was fine. I then started Forza Horizons 4 and left it in quick resume then resumed Far Cry 4 and BAM Far Cry 4 has screwed up graphics with black boxes flickering. A reboot of the Series X fixes Far Cry 4 again.

So somehow playing Forza Horizons 4 at anytime will screw up Far Cry 4 and only a reboot will fix it that I know of.

Anyone else not on a preview build see this same thing happening? I wonder if it has to do with the frame boost thing they recently started with Far Cry 4. I didn't try any of the other frame boost games since I don't have them installed.

:)

Lt Farty Pants, Feb 24, 2021
  2. PreacherXWDSX Win User

What games will you buy this Fall (2014)?

Halo MCC

Destiny

Sunset Overdrive

Forza Horizon 2

Far Cry 4
  3. WayneJohnsonZQ Win User

Forza horizon 4 doesnt work

Forza horizon 4 wont launch for me on series x
  4. lilbak82 Win User

Recommend an Offline Game

I love forza horizon 4. My favorite of the series so far
  5. Gabryak Win User

Your favorite game

Forza Horizon 4

Metro Exodus

in assoluto adoro Assasin's Creed Origins e Far Cry 5
  6. Pac-Man pNw Win User

DOWN LOADING.

Forza 4 horizon stuck in infinite Loading screen did EVERTHING was told by xbox to contact forza then forza told me to contact xbox WOW 🤪
    Btw this is a series x

also i bought All forms of forza 4 horizon thinking that might help ughhh No no help been a week now with no forza 😩
Thema:

Bug with Far Cry 4 after starting Forza Horizons 4 on Series X

1. Bug with Far Cry 4 after starting Forza Horizons 4 on Series X - Similar Threads - Bug Far Cry

2. Xbox gamepass bug Detected

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox gamepass bug Detected: For a couple of weeks before, i have asked a question on community about xcloud 's pixalation issue, but i not got a complete answe, some says it's due to slower connections and some says because...
  3. Game chat bug?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game chat bug?: Is anyone else having an issue where the in game chat is always picking up your mic even when you are in a party or sending a voice message on the series x? c7b9339c-92b3-4578-8211-15c711d10b3f
  4. Bug ao ligar o console ou abrir uma captura de jogo.

in XboX Insiders
    Bug ao ligar o console ou abrir uma captura de jogo.: Tenho um console Xbox one x e estou com problemas. O bug começa ao ligar o console a tela de abertura(xbox one x - 4k) o vídeo fica chuviscado, mas o áudio segue normal e logo em seguida o menu...
  5. Bug report - Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos audio drops on Sony 20/21 tv's whilst using 4k...

in XboX Insiders
    Bug report - Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos audio drops on Sony 20/21 tv's whilst using 4k...: Anyone else experiencing this, please chime in. As above really. Just wanted to make it known this is a widespread issue. I'm not an xbox insider currently, but this issue is on the...
  6. Sound Bug in games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound Bug in games: I’m having a problem with my game audio when I JOIN games (not start up) online and offline. The audio gets very scratchy and cuts out for 10 seconds at a time and continues to do that. However if...
  7. Bug: Wrong language in XBox prompts while streaming at xbox.com/play

in XboX Insiders
    Bug: Wrong language in XBox prompts while streaming at xbox.com/play: [IMG] Hey - I'm in the preview for web-based streaming and I get this image while starting a game on my UK English PC on a UK English XBox account: Note the language on the cancel button. I'm...
  8. Far Cry 2 Dogon Seidiko rescue - a bug?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Far Cry 2 Dogon Seidiko rescue - a bug?: I'm playing Far Cry 2 on my Xbox One, through backwards compatibility. I'm currently 54% of the way through, but I've hit a snag. I accepted the mission to rescue Naseem Davar from Dogon Seidiko....
  9. Bugged Achievement in Far Cry 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bugged Achievement in Far Cry 5: Hello. I recently have been attempting to unlock every achievement in Far Cry 5, but have hit a pretty large bump in the road. The achievement I have been attempting is “Squash and Run,” requiring...
  10. Far cry 4 bugged out.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Far cry 4 bugged out.: Hello everybody, I'm having a problem with me copy of farcry 4. I got into playing the mission "don't look down" and I got killed by one of the demon things when it went back to load from the last...