Bug With Game Clips / External Storage, USB 3.0 Error

Discus and support Bug With Game Clips / External Storage, USB 3.0 Error in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I bought a USB 3.0 device with 64gb of space off amazon, I correctly formatted it for Xbox and started recording game clips on it, everything was fine.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TheHybred, Feb 10, 2020.

1. /u/TheHybred
    /u/TheHybred Guest

I bought a USB 3.0 device with 64gb of space off amazon, I correctly formatted it for Xbox and started recording game clips on it, everything was fine.

However it randomly started saying "to capture game clips and screenshots externally, storage must be 3.0 or faster" despite me capturing on this in the past, and it also being 3.0.

I have reformatted it, unplugged it and plugged it back in, the USB is in perfect condition. I paid money on this USB for this specific reason so I am kind of triggered Xbox won't let me capture on it anymore. Please fix this issue

Error code: 0x80bd003b

submitted by /u/TheHybred
    [link] [comments]

/u/TheHybred, Feb 10, 2020
  2. ConcreteSnake Win User

USB PORT

yes the usb works with 2.0 and 3.0, usb external storage is not currently supported
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one x not reading external media device

Troubleshoot external storage detection on Xbox One. It uses a USB 3.0 connection. If you're using a USB hub, the hub must also be USB 3.0 or later. It has 256 GB or larger storage capacity. It has a partition. No more than three storage devices are connected
    to the console at the same time.
    https://support.xbox.com › troubleshooting
    True only for Xbox game storage. Media playback, i.e. photo's, video's and music should work off most external storage devices, be they USB 1.0, USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 - even USB Flash drives. The USB 3.0, 256GB requirement is only for Xbox One games installed
    or downloaded on to an external hard drive.
  4. gds1972 Win User

can I use an external SSD on my xb1?

As long as the external hard drive meets the external storage requirements of the Xbox One then yes you can.

For an external storage drive to save games and apps from Xbox One, it must meet the following requirements:

It uses a USB 3.0 connection. If you’re using a USB hub, the hub must also be USB 3.0 or later.

It has 256 GB or larger storage capacity.

It has a partition. Typically, drives come with a preformatted partition. For more information about partitioning an external hard drive, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.

support.xbox.com/.../console-doesnt-detect-external-storage
  5. coco meat train Win User

how to use external hard drive on my xbox one x..

6. JOHLC Win User

Xbox One Won't Read exFat Drive

Hello!

In order to use an external hard drive for the Xbox One it must meet the requirements.

External drives are required to be formatted NTFS per:

For an external storage drive to save games and apps from Xbox One, it must meet the following requirements:

It uses a USB 3.0 connection. If you’re using a USB hub, the hub must also be USB 3.0 or later.

It has 256 GB or larger storage capacity.

It has a partition. Typically, drives come with a preformatted partition. For more information about partitioning an external hard drive, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.

support.xbox.com/.../console-doesnt-detect-external-storage
Thema:

1. Bug With Game Clips / External Storage, USB 3.0 Error - Similar Threads - Bug Game Clips

2. Bug in Star Wars Battlefront 2 EA that causes entire Xbox library of games to not work...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bug in Star Wars Battlefront 2 EA that causes entire Xbox library of games to not work...: Hello, I have encountered a bug in EA's Star Wars Battlefront 2 while playing the Supermacy mode on the Xbox One X. I have tested on 2 different Xbox One X's via online play and this bug happened...
  3. Game pass FPS BUG

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass FPS BUG: Hi i have the game pass for PC, and installed State Of Decay 2 (to play with my friend) but I'm having troubles with the fps (And not just in this game) if I put on Ultra the game stay at 60fps,...
  4. XCloud Bug - Controller Movement/Game Selection

in XboX Insiders
    XCloud Bug - Controller Movement/Game Selection: [IMG] submitted by /u/GatesyOfficial [link] [comments]
  5. Win 10 Game Launchers UI Glitching Bug (video)

in XBoX on Windows
    Win 10 Game Launchers UI Glitching Bug (video): Hey, ever since I installed new hardware (CPU, RAM, MB) I've been getting this visual glitching in different launchers like GOG, FFOnline, Minecraft and almost every other launcher. Literally have...
  6. [BUG] Xbox 360 Excessive Gaming notification

in XBoX on Consoles
    [BUG] Xbox 360 Excessive Gaming notification: I am unsure where I am meant to post bugs reports for the console now, there use to be a page dedicated to it on the old forums. When you open a game it the notification comes up saying excessive...
  7. Game chat bug with new alpha jump ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Game chat bug with new alpha jump ahead: I believe that this recent software update has caused a couple of issues with game and party chat. I've reported it via the report feature on the Xbox, but I thought I'd post here as well. The...
  8. Sunset Overdrive (Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass version) PC fails to create save/menu loop bug

in XBoX on Windows
    Sunset Overdrive (Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass version) PC fails to create save/menu loop bug: Trying to play Sunset Overdrive via Xbox Game Pass for PC has resulted in not being able to actually start the game. The menu loads and all, but regardless of what I do, as soon as I click "play",...
  9. Gamepass bug can't back out of menus when picking games.

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepass bug can't back out of menus when picking games.: In Gamepass every time I go to select a game to play if I change my mind I goto back out of the screens no matter what. I have to hard reboot my Xbox to get back to the home screen I've reported...
  10. The maximise bug with Game DVR clips is still present in the latest beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The maximise bug with Game DVR clips is still present in the latest beta: I just updated the beta to the latest version, but this bug is still present: - 1. Have the Xbox app maximised. 2. Watch a Game DVR clip (either your own or someone else's) and switch to full...