Bug With Game Clips / External Storage, USB 3.0 Error

Discus and support Bug With Game Clips / External Storage, USB 3.0 Error in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I bought a USB 3.0 device with 64gb of space off amazon, I correctly formatted it for Xbox and started recording game clips on it, everything was fine.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TheHybred, Feb 10, 2020.

1. /u/TheHybred
    /u/TheHybred Guest

I bought a USB 3.0 device with 64gb of space off amazon, I correctly formatted it for Xbox and started recording game clips on it, everything was fine.

However it randomly started saying "to capture game clips and screenshots externally, storage must be 3.0 or faster" despite me capturing on this in the past, and it also being 3.0.

I have reformatted it, unplugged it and plugged it back in, the USB is in perfect condition. I paid money on this USB for this specific reason so I am kind of triggered Xbox won't let me capture on it anymore. Please fix this issue

Error code: 0x80bd003b

submitted by /u/TheHybred
    [link] [comments]

/u/TheHybred, Feb 10, 2020
  2. ConcreteSnake Win User

USB PORT

yes the usb works with 2.0 and 3.0, usb external storage is not currently supported
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one x not reading external media device

Troubleshoot external storage detection on Xbox One. It uses a USB 3.0 connection. If you're using a USB hub, the hub must also be USB 3.0 or later. It has 256 GB or larger storage capacity. It has a partition. No more than three storage devices are connected
    to the console at the same time.
    https://support.xbox.com › troubleshooting
    True only for Xbox game storage. Media playback, i.e. photo's, video's and music should work off most external storage devices, be they USB 1.0, USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 - even USB Flash drives. The USB 3.0, 256GB requirement is only for Xbox One games installed
    or downloaded on to an external hard drive.
  4. gds1972 Win User

can I use an external SSD on my xb1?

As long as the external hard drive meets the external storage requirements of the Xbox One then yes you can.

For an external storage drive to save games and apps from Xbox One, it must meet the following requirements:

It uses a USB 3.0 connection. If you’re using a USB hub, the hub must also be USB 3.0 or later.

It has 256 GB or larger storage capacity.

It has a partition. Typically, drives come with a preformatted partition. For more information about partitioning an external hard drive, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.

support.xbox.com/.../console-doesnt-detect-external-storage
  5. coco meat train Win User

how to use external hard drive on my xbox one x..

6. WPAK Win User

Hd externo seagate 2tb 3.0 não armazena jogos?

Web translation:

Seagate 2tb 3.0 external hard drive does not store games?

I have this problem I bought an external HD Seagate 2tb 3.0 is only recognizing for media and music and the live does not let you download the application for that too.

Response:

Hi there,

just to be sure are you using a USB 3.0 cable to connect the seagate drive (which I assume is USB 3.0 compatible) to the console?

If so then be sure to try the steps mentioned on this support page:
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/storage/console-doesnt-detect-external-storage

Web translated response:

Olá,

só para ter certeza de que você está usando um cabo USB 3.0 para conectar a unidade seagate (que eu assumo é compatível com USB 3.0) ao console?

Nesse caso, tente as etapas mencionadas nesta página de suporte:
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/storage/console-doesnt-detect-external-storage
Thema:

1. Bug With Game Clips / External Storage, USB 3.0 Error - Similar Threads - Bug Game Clips

2. bug xbox game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    bug xbox game pass ultimate: Bonjour je vien de me prendre un abonnement xbox game pass ultimate , celui ci figure bien dans ma liste d'achat de mon compte microsoft ainsi que sur l'application xbox dans abonnements ,...
  3. Bug in Leisure Suit Larry game that just came out

in XboX Insiders
    Bug in Leisure Suit Larry game that just came out: I am about 3/4 of the way through the game and there is a part in the Prune Office you are supposed to fall through a hole and then click on a statement. But I never fall through the hole and the...
  4. Bug report game share games missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bug report game share games missing: hi I think I found a bug. A lot of my games that are part of my game share library has disappeared. Since the update that split up our Xbox games libraries into categories came out i have been...
  5. Bug Game Rating on Microsoft Store (XBOX ONE)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bug Game Rating on Microsoft Store (XBOX ONE): Hello! My reviews on the Xbox One Microsoft store are hidden or gone, my old reviews still appear but I can't edit, I only have the option to create new ones, but even after creating new ones they...
  6. Xbox Game pass parental controls BUG

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game pass parental controls BUG: I have xbox game pass for pc but whenever I try to install a mature game, I get an error saying the game's content is above my account's restrictions, so I can't install it. I have no restrictions...
  7. BUG: Unremovable Games From Wish List

in XboX Insiders
    BUG: Unremovable Games From Wish List: Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning Fate Edition Pre-order can not be removed from Wish List as the Preorder version no longer exists. Selecting it takes you to the release version page which only has...
  8. Xbox Game Bar Video Recording Bug PC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar Video Recording Bug PC: I've been experiencing an issue when opening game bar after a cool moment on Modern Warfare and using the record that button. It will completely disable some keys for me. For instance I recorded...
  9. Lots of bugs. Latest being no comments loading or showing at all on any game clips

in XboX Insiders
    Lots of bugs. Latest being no comments loading or showing at all on any game clips: Plus messages always showing as unread even though read and replied to. When I reply it doesn't show on my screen but other person receives it. Been in the insiders for nearly 7 years. Might be...
  10. The maximise bug with Game DVR clips is still present in the latest beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The maximise bug with Game DVR clips is still present in the latest beta: I just updated the beta to the latest version, but this bug is still present: - 1. Have the Xbox app maximised. 2. Watch a Game DVR clip (either your own or someone else's) and switch to full...