[BUG] Xbox stuck at a black screen when restarting after changing the console's name and...

Discus and support [BUG] Xbox stuck at a black screen when restarting after changing the console's name and... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Bear with me as I'm bad at explaining..... like, really bad. Basically I connect my Xbox to my PC with the Xbox app so I can type with a keyboard.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MainGoldDragon, Dec 1, 2019 at 1:02 PM.

1. [BUG] Xbox stuck at a black screen when restarting after changing the console's name and...

Bear with me as I'm bad at explaining..... like, really bad.

Basically I connect my Xbox to my PC with the Xbox app so I can type with a keyboard. Ever since that was a feature, there was a bug that doesn't open up the text field to type. To (temporarily) fix that, all you have to do is change the console's name which restarts the console.

That has been my default way of restarting my xbox ever since. Just yesterday though, a new issue arose: When I turn on my console for the first time of the day, most if not all of my games give me the "Took too long to start" error and don't open. No problem, I'll just restart with by changing the name so it fixes that problem too. Nope. Xbox gets stuck at the black screen and does nothing. I have to reach out to the power source and unplug it.

I just tested this again after playing games for a while and it looks like it happens every time without fail.

Also tested normal restarting through the shortcut in the Guide and works like a charm.

TL;DR Xbox gets stuck at black screen when you restart after changing the console's name.

submitted by /u/MainGoldDragon
    [link] [comments]

/u/MainGoldDragon, Dec 1, 2019 at 1:02 PM
Thema:

[BUG] Xbox stuck at a black screen when restarting after changing the console's name and...

1. [BUG] Xbox stuck at a black screen when restarting after changing the console's name and... - Similar Threads - BUG stuck black

2. (Bug) Blair witch - got stuck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (Bug) Blair witch - got stuck: Hello. Ive been playing Blair witch game on xbox one for a while. I completed 6 chapters but I got stuck in chapter 7. I thought that I just dont know what to do so I checked a walktrough a...
  3. Stuck in a bug--Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stuck in a bug--Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition: Help! Got stuck in a bug using bash upon a wooden ball as follows. Neither can I see myself nor go anywhere. I've tried everything. [img] [img] 182b93e6-b6d1-40ec-9319-2381436b1d22
  4. "Go for the Bronze" achievement got bugged, stuck on 11/12

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Go for the Bronze" achievement got bugged, stuck on 11/12: Pretty much what the title says. I was supposed to earn this achievement a month ago, when I finally hit that 12th bronze medal. I did not, for some reason, going higher did not help, earning yet...
  5. A terrible stucking bug

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A terrible stucking bug: [img] Iam stuck in a rock in forlorn ruins and i dont wanna to start over 9 hours of playing 5abf6f66-1c8d-4a36-890b-f197451aca5e
  6. Witcher 2 stuck ballista pick up hammer won't work manny gamers experience the same bug

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Witcher 2 stuck ballista pick up hammer won't work manny gamers experience the same bug: i tried to redownload the game and it won't work e8df9d47-af0a-4b04-aaa4-10a36cd38871
  7. Fix stuck and bugged achievements that do not unlock even with 100% progress

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix stuck and bugged achievements that do not unlock even with 100% progress: I tried several times to get the "Heartbreaker" achievement in the game "Rocket League". It says 100% progress but it is not unlocking. Read the sticky topic here and did the survey because none...
  8. Player stuck in transfer list! and its really bugging me!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Player stuck in transfer list! and its really bugging me!: New to this forum so bare with me, right, i play fifa 14 FUT (i have 15) but my 14 team is better haa, anyway i bidded for a player ages ago and it said i got him, clicked advance on him and it...
  9. The game called "Dex" bugged and stuck in a cinematic

in XBoX on Consoles
    The game called "Dex" bugged and stuck in a cinematic: Hello, The game called "Dex" stucks on a cinematic scene. I hv already did everything, reinstall the game and start over and over maybe 3-4 times. But in every time at the same scene game bugged...
  10. Bug with resuming games: Games get stuck at "Please reconnect controller" message.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bug with resuming games: Games get stuck at "Please reconnect controller" message.: When I minimize a game, switch to another app (like Netflix), turn off my controller (because I'm watching a video), turn my controller back on, and go back to the game, the game will have a...