Buying a digital copy as a gift

Discus and support Buying a digital copy as a gift in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! If i gift someone a digital copy of the game on the microsoft store will they be able to use it? They are in France when i try to click gift it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Barebarebare212, May 23, 2020 at 11:13 PM.

1. Buying a digital copy as a gift

Hello! If i gift someone a digital copy of the game on the microsoft store will they be able to use it? They are in France when i try to click gift it says that it can only be used in the United States.

What would be a good way to get them a the game?

:)

Barebarebare212, May 23, 2020 at 11:13 PM
  2. King Turkey III Win User

No, a game that is bought digitially in a specific counrty must be redeemed in that same country it was purchased. If you're looking to purchase a game for your friend, I would recommend purchasing a hard copy and mailing it over or sending a cash payment
    electronically so they can buy it digitally in their country.
  3. Chris238 Win User

Suggestion: Allow retailers to sell digital codes

Also allows people to give digital copies for gifts. I would prefer digital, but there is currently no way for my wife to buy that for me for Christmas/Birthday.
  4. maxen Win User

Xbox One - can you buy a game for a friend?

At this time you cannot gift digital copies of games to another user.

As a sort of workaround you could, however, buy an Xbox Live Gift Card of equal value to the game and when they redeem that they could purchase the game.
  5. Krazydead Win User

I was gifted a game and it says I own it but I have to buy it.

The digital copy was gifted and the gifter is in the same region.
  6. Yombi Win User

Wrapped hard copies, or digital codes for Christmas?

As a gift I have to go with the physical copy. but i like both physical and digital copys.
Thema:

1. Buying a digital copy as a gift - Similar Threads - Buying digital copy

2. If I buy a console bundle with COD MODERN WARFARE digital copy will I be able to play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a console bundle with COD MODERN WARFARE digital copy will I be able to play...: I'm looking at the new xbox one x console bundle with an add on of the COD Modern Warfare 2019 digital game. Will it work the same as the disc version? Allowing me to play both campaign and...
  3. How can i buy a digital copy of a game for a friend in a different country??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i buy a digital copy of a game for a friend in a different country??: That's it, how can I buy a digital download code for an xbox one game for a buddy in a different country. ac9ff2ee-cd94-48f6-a2cd-ab07e038afed
  4. Buying 2nd digital copy as gift, does it count towards pre-order punches

in XBoX Rewards
    Buying 2nd digital copy as gift, does it count towards pre-order punches: If I pre-order a digital copy of SW Battlefront 2: Elite Edition for myself, can I also pre-order the digital Standard Edition as a gift? Will this second purchase count towards my Pre-Order...
  5. No Alan Wake code in my digital copy buy

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    No Alan Wake code in my digital copy buy: I don't recieve Alan Wake for my digital copy then i buy. Please help. c530a108-d333-4938-8885-4e031e87e57c
  6. I connot buy a digital copy of the game OBLIVION

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I connot buy a digital copy of the game OBLIVION: Hello XBOX team, My name is Emad Gashgari. I live in Saudi Arabia. I've an xbox fan from 2006. I own a physical disc of Oblivion on the xbox360 when I first bought the console. and now I am...
  7. Can i buy Halo 5 digital version for less if i have a physical copy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i buy Halo 5 digital version for less if i have a physical copy?: I have the physical copy for halo 5 (literally all i play). I look in the game store and it showed a h5 digital delux version for 70 bucks or so. Is there a regular digital copy or is it possible...
  8. IS IT POSSIBLE BUYING 2 DIGITAL COPIES OF THE SAME GAME WITH THE SAME PROFILE?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    IS IT POSSIBLE BUYING 2 DIGITAL COPIES OF THE SAME GAME WITH THE SAME PROFILE?: Hello everyone!! I have a problem... Yesterday i bought a digital copy of Rainbow Six Siege but the installation didn't start...so today i tried to buy another copy of rainbow six siege and now...
  9. Buy a digital copy with physical copy installed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buy a digital copy with physical copy installed: Hi. I have a copy of BF4 which I installed from disk onto my INTERNAL hard drive. Recently I purchased the digital copy of the game. I had heard that since I already had the game that it would...
  10. can i buy a xbox 360 digital copy in usa and download it in brazil?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can i buy a xbox 360 digital copy in usa and download it in brazil?: Hi, i want to buy a digital copy of Injustice Gods Among Us for Xbox 360 and download it in Brazil where my kids are. Is this possible? NOTE: the console was bought in USA...