Buying a game for someone else on my Xbox

Discus and support Buying a game for someone else on my Xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I want to buy a game for my son. We have one Xbox in the house and so he currently shares my Gold and games and so on. If I buy a game from the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Whiteleaf2012, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Buying a game for someone else on my Xbox

So I want to buy a game for my son. We have one Xbox in the house and so he currently shares my Gold and games and so on. If I buy a game from the store but gift it to his email address, will it show up on my list of games when I boot up the machine? Or
    will he have to log in first or some other shenanigans so he can see the game in the library? Basically, how does it work if he 'owns' the game but tries to play it on 'my' machine? Am I better off just buying it on my account so we can play it like every
    other game I own?

:)

Whiteleaf2012, Feb 15, 2020
  2. DanielKing221 Win User

As long as both accounts are on the console, the game will work for both people, no matter who "owns" it
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

If linked to HIS account, he can play it on ANY console that his profile is on.

Even if he downloads his profile on a friends console for example, he could then install and play it there.

You would also have access to it, as long as his profile is present on your console
  4. xJCplDxSHESHO Win User

If you bought it in your account it should appear on your child's console.
  5. TristenWolf Win User

If the game is linked to HIS account, he can play on ANY console
  6. CyclingCanoe703 Win User

If you buy the game on your son's account, he must set his account as homebox account. Then he will share his game with anyone on the console. You can buy the game on your account and set it as homebox. Than any account can share yours.
Thema:

1. Buying a game for someone else on my Xbox - Similar Threads - Buying game someone

2. Can’t buy or download Gold games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t buy or download Gold games: I’ve owned an Xbox since day 1. Never had any issues until this week. Days & days of trying to download & purchase games with Gold with a credit card AND microsoft giftcard, on the xbox, on the...
  3. I can't buy the original star wars battlefront as a games with gold title this month,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't buy the original star wars battlefront as a games with gold title this month,...: For some reason I can't get the original star wars battlefront since it's a February games with gold title and after the see the price option it says that my account is unable to do this kind of...
  4. Buying Xbox 360 games on website (pc, mac)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying Xbox 360 games on website (pc, mac): This has been asked before; i have searched for it here. but there is no answer or solution from microsoft. i've havent been a gold member for long, but i noticed that i couldnt buy xbox 360 bc...
  5. Can't buy Xbox 360 back compat games on Xbox One or Xbox.com

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy Xbox 360 back compat games on Xbox One or Xbox.com: Hi! I tried to buy Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles cause they are very cheap with Gold right now. But Xbox Store on my Xbox One says "You cant buy this game on Xbox One. Buy it on...
  6. Trying to buy/extend pc game pass but getting error...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to buy/extend pc game pass but getting error...: hi I have xbox game pass ultimate (£1 for 3 months offer) and it runs out soon on 24 feb I am trying to extend it but change to £3.99 a month - pc game pass I get this error.... Oops! This...
  7. Punch Card not letting me get points for buying a game.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Punch Card not letting me get points for buying a game.: Darksiders Genesis punch card was activated tuesday and bought today but rewards is still saying i need to buy it. Am i missing something? or does it just take up to a certain amount of time?...
  8. Refunding a game you didn't buy but someone else played

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refunding a game you didn't buy but someone else played: So what happened to me was that I didn't purchase or play the game I was trying to refund but I couldn't get it refunded because the other person (I'll call him S.) S didn't ask me to purchase the...
  9. Does someone know if the "Buy 12 months of Game Pass and receive Forza Horizon 3 and Forza ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does someone know if the "Buy 12 months of Game Pass and receive Forza Horizon 3 and Forza ...: There is currently an offer that if you purchase Game Pass 12 months for 99$ you get codes for downloading Forza Horizon 3 and Motorsport 7, however I couldn't find, neither on the offer's page...
  10. could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong about buying dlc for backwards 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong about buying dlc for backwards 360 games?: So now being able to play red dead redemption on xbox one I decided to buy some DLC for it. When in doing so I learned that I'm blocked from buying it with the message saying I cannot buy it with...