Buying a game for someone else on my Xbox

Discus and support Buying a game for someone else on my Xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I want to buy a game for my son. We have one Xbox in the house and so he currently shares my Gold and games and so on. If I buy a game from the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Whiteleaf2012, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Buying a game for someone else on my Xbox

So I want to buy a game for my son. We have one Xbox in the house and so he currently shares my Gold and games and so on. If I buy a game from the store but gift it to his email address, will it show up on my list of games when I boot up the machine? Or
    will he have to log in first or some other shenanigans so he can see the game in the library? Basically, how does it work if he 'owns' the game but tries to play it on 'my' machine? Am I better off just buying it on my account so we can play it like every
    other game I own?

:)

Whiteleaf2012, Feb 15, 2020
  2. DanielKing221 Win User

As long as both accounts are on the console, the game will work for both people, no matter who "owns" it
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

If linked to HIS account, he can play it on ANY console that his profile is on.

Even if he downloads his profile on a friends console for example, he could then install and play it there.

You would also have access to it, as long as his profile is present on your console
  4. xJCplDxSHESHO Win User

If you bought it in your account it should appear on your child's console.
  5. TristenWolf Win User

If the game is linked to HIS account, he can play on ANY console
  6. CyclingCanoe703 Win User

If you buy the game on your son's account, he must set his account as homebox account. Then he will share his game with anyone on the console. You can buy the game on your account and set it as homebox. Than any account can share yours.
Thema:

1. Buying a game for someone else on my Xbox - Similar Threads - Buying game someone

2. Parta de game pass y juego que compre [Part of game pass and game you buy]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Parta de game pass y juego que compre [Part of game pass and game you buy]: Baje the witcher en game pass, llevo aproximadamente 30 horas de juego y decidi comprar la version completa, cuando el juego que compre no me aparece mi partida de game pass, hay forma de importar...
  3. Can't buy Xbox game pass ultimate for my kid

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy Xbox game pass ultimate for my kid: I've been having a problem, my kid is trying to buy Xbox game pass but when he tries to do it it says that he needs my permission and there are no links and i don't know what to do next.(the...
  4. Buy Games with Xbox Gift card without providing CC info

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buy Games with Xbox Gift card without providing CC info: I was wondering if I can buy Xbox One games with a Xbox Gift card without providing any CC/Debit/Paypal, etcc info? I know in order to purchase subscriptions you need to provide that information...
  5. Buying games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying games: I was wondering, if i have a game on disc, but lose the disc, can i re-purchase the same game on the same account even if the game is saved to the hard drive? df1689f6-be38-4629-a968-1acedd223255
  6. I redeemed my Xbox live currency code but it’s not showing up on my account so I can buy a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I redeemed my Xbox live currency code but it’s not showing up on my account so I can buy a game: I Purchased a currency card from GAMESTOP and I went to redeem the code and it worked but now the Microsoft store is not showing that I have that money applied. acdfa43c-a953-410b-8ef1-f5223a5541be
  7. Fix it. No load of any games digitally or buy disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix it. No load of any games digitally or buy disc: This is a problem for every game I try to play digitally or through disk. I personally could care less about xbox pre-order problems if I can't even play games that own when I want to. To top it...
  8. Refunding a game you didn't buy but someone else played

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refunding a game you didn't buy but someone else played: So what happened to me was that I didn't purchase or play the game I was trying to refund but I couldn't get it refunded because the other person (I'll call him S.) S didn't ask me to purchase the...
  9. Does someone know if the "Buy 12 months of Game Pass and receive Forza Horizon 3 and Forza ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does someone know if the "Buy 12 months of Game Pass and receive Forza Horizon 3 and Forza ...: There is currently an offer that if you purchase Game Pass 12 months for 99$ you get codes for downloading Forza Horizon 3 and Motorsport 7, however I couldn't find, neither on the offer's page...
  10. could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong about buying dlc for backwards 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong about buying dlc for backwards 360 games?: So now being able to play red dead redemption on xbox one I decided to buy some DLC for it. When in doing so I learned that I'm blocked from buying it with the message saying I cannot buy it with...