Buying a second console. Multiple questions.

Discus and support Buying a second console. Multiple questions. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Thanks in advance for the answers, as they have probably been asked before. I currently own a Xbox 1 S and I am subscribed to xbox live gold. All the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SmokewoodBlues, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Buying a second console. Multiple questions.

Thanks in advance for the answers, as they have probably been asked before.

I currently own a Xbox 1 S and I am subscribed to xbox live gold. All the games I own were bought digitally, no hard copies.

I am planning on buying an Xbox 1 X, but I also want to keep my Xbox 1 S for the spare bedroom.

Questions:

Do I need to transfer my digital licenses to the new console?

What will happen if I then try to play those games on my older console once I transfer my license to the new console?

Can I log on to both consoles at the same time with the same xbox live account?

Can I play the same game on both consoles at the same time?

Plus, what have I not thought about yet that I need to plan for?

Again thanks!!

:)

SmokewoodBlues, Aug 31, 2018
  2. wolfpackhero
    wolfpackhero Guest
    Question about a multiple console home

That is good to know. I was getting worried about all the DRM talk I am hearing. A lot of what Microsoft has announced has kinda scared me away from the Xbox One. I hope they turn it around at E3. Especially if they can show some games. The Xbox One
    announce conference was really disappointing.

wolfpackhero, Aug 31, 2018
  3. garydulleck
    garydulleck Guest

As the above poster said, you will have no problem playing any game from any of up to 10 family members from any xbox.

garydulleck, Aug 31, 2018
  4. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest

No, just log in on your new console and you can play right away after you redownload them in My Games and apps > ready to install. You can even move them via an external hard drive and plug it in on the new console to save time downloading- or use

network transfer.

What will happen if I then try to play those games on my older console once I transfer my license to the new console?

You can play them on both consoles while you're logged in - but only once at a time.

No, the first instance will be kicked offline if you try to log in twice at a time.

Yes, when you play the game and save and then play on the other console, it will say "syncing..." and it will get your save from the other console as long as you are online when you save on the other console. More info on

cloud saves here.

Just log in and everything will work fine. What you are talking about is the
    my home xbox feature
    when you talk about licenses, this is only useful when you have more than one account on your console to share games and gold with.

ChiefJoboo, Aug 31, 2018
  5. Whoever you are... you are awesome!

Thank you.

SmokewoodBlues, Nov 3, 2018
  6. SmokewoodBlues Win User

No, just log in on your new console and you can play right away after you redownload them in My Games and apps > ready to install. You can even move them via an external hard drive and plug it in on the new console to save time downloading- or use

network transfer.

You can play them on both consoles while you're logged in - but only once at a time.

No, the first instance will be kicked offline if you try to log in twice at a time.

Yes, when you play the game and save and then play on the other console, it will say "syncing..." and it will get your save from the other console as long as you are online when you save on the other console. More info on

cloud saves here.

my home xbox feature
    when you talk about licenses, this is only useful when you have more than one account on your console to share games and gold with.
    Whoever you are... you are awesome!

Thank you.
  7. ChiefJoboo Win User

network transfer.

cloud saves here.

my home xbox feature
  8. Smwutches Win User

Any rewards for buying second console?

Currently there are no offers to receive credits for purchasing hardware.
  9. XBLRewards8 Win User

Any rewards for buying second console?

Hello GreyCentaur3530,

Unfortunately, there are not currently an offers that award Credits for the purchase of hardware, like a console.
  10. wolfpackhero Win User

That is good to know. I was getting worried about all the DRM talk I am hearing. A lot of what Microsoft has announced has kinda scared me away from the Xbox One. I hope they turn it around at E3. Especially if they can show some games. The Xbox One
    announce conference was really disappointing.
Thema:

1. Buying a second console. Multiple questions. - Similar Threads - Buying second console

2. Why did i buy a Xbox One X i should have bought a PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did i buy a Xbox One X i should have bought a PC: Buying a Xbox One X that cost $500+ should never become a game of Russian roulette when it comes to quality. I spent hard earned money for a 1 year experience.???? :\ Ill fill you in on the...
  3. Discord Nitro Claiming on PC for buying the X Box Ultimate Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord Nitro Claiming on PC for buying the X Box Ultimate Pass: I have purchased the xbox ultimate pass for £1 and I cant seem to find a way to claim my spotify premium or the discord nitro that I was meant to recieve with this purchase. If I could be directed...
  4. Cannot use my credit card to buy X-box live gold

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot use my credit card to buy X-box live gold: Good day I want to buy X-box gold status and I live in Vietnam, all settings and my profile changed to it Somehow, I cannot do it from X-box itself, it just give me the link So, I go to web...
  5. Cannot buy Backwards Compatible Game on Xbox One with Debit Card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot buy Backwards Compatible Game on Xbox One with Debit Card: Hello So I've been trying to buy Call of Duty 3 (2006) on Xbox One for a while. I know you can't use xbox credit to buy backwards compatible games, that's why I'm using a debit card. However,...
  6. Can't buy from Xbox 360 Marketplace website

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can't buy from Xbox 360 Marketplace website: Hi, I'm trying to download Toy Story 3 (the games with gold) from...
  7. Will get vbucks if i buy from Microsoft Store(pc player)

in XBoX on Windows
    Will get vbucks if i buy from Microsoft Store(pc player): Currently i play fortnite on pc. I want to get vbucka from the microsoft store .i dont have a xbox .i used the same gmail for both epic games and Microsoft store .if i purchase vbucks from this...
  8. Do I need to buy a second account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need to buy a second account?: Can I use my xbox live gold account on a second xbox at a different location? Not simultaneously, but when I am at my other home can I sign in there and play? 3f1c1d87-7218-44df-ad3a-b7b2c9e714c9
  9. Any rewards for buying second console?

in XBoX Rewards
    Any rewards for buying second console?: Hello MS/forum, I have been with Xbox live gold/rewards for 5 years and now my son wants an Xbox one s for his birthday. Any chance I could get reward points for the purchase of a console through...
  10. I am buy second hend Xbox 360 and have Parents password.Last dashboard.Can Tell me how to ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am buy second hend Xbox 360 and have Parents password.Last dashboard.Can Tell me how to ...: Respected.I am buy xbox 360 console for my children ,second hend.Befor selling first owner did nt unlock parents password.I request you to help me to unlock many future wich is locked.I don t need...