Buying games that are on game pass

Discus and support Buying games that are on game pass in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Has anyone else had this issue? I started a 14 day free game pass subscription. I bought a game while it was on sale, and the game was also free on... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by GregoryRackley, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Buying games that are on game pass

Has anyone else had this issue?

I started a 14 day free game pass subscription. I bought a game while it was on sale, and the game was also free on game pass. (borderlands Handsome collection for $14.99) I pressed the purchase button, not the "install for free on game pass" button. yet
    when game pass expired, I could not play the game. I talked to a support rep for some time. she said "Seems like the system didn't charged you for the game because it has tracked your active Xbox game Pass subscription.". Even though I pressed the purchase
    button. I clearly remember because it was on sale for 14.99 down from 59.99. It seems like a subtle trick. And now I have to purchase the game for 4x the amount I should have paid for it if I want to play it.

:)

GregoryRackley, Sep 12, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox Game Pass

If you have a game installed on your console, and then it leaves Game Pass, you will get an error message telling you, you need to buy the game.

So if there are games in Game Pass that are about to leave Game Pass, and you want to continue playing them, make sure to buy them before they leave Game Pass, as you get up to 20% off of each game you buy while it's in Game Pass. And you get 10% off on
    DLC associated with games in Game Pass.
  3. Itilianm0nst0r Win User

Game pass / buy game

You need to make sure that you have removed the game pass from your account. It is reading it as you still have a subscription that just needs to renewed
  4. MichelBooij Win User

Game pass / buy game

i contacted microsoft and the came with the anser:

I see, if that was the case, M. Since the game license was redeemed on the account
    " Ci " that means that it was already registered
    on this account but there has no need to worry as you can still enable game sharing.

That means that you will set the account as home " Ci " on the
    " M console so that way it will shared to his account and M
    can access the game though game sharing. How was
    that sound?

that did the trik, the game starts.
  5. MichelBooij Win User

Game pass / buy game

thanks but that is probaly not working, because we yust came from a xbox one s to the new X
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Gregory,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with purchasing a game while having game pass subscription. Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass subscriptions often have sales while subscribed.

If you purchased the content on your account, please take a moment to
    view your Xbox purchase history online
    to confirm the purchase. Unfortunately, if the purchase is not on the account, you will need to purchase the content.

Here in Xbox Forums, we do not have the tools or resources to further assist with purchase. We recommend
    to contact Customer Support for further assistance.

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. We'll be locking the thread.
    If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
Thema:

1. Buying games that are on game pass - Similar Threads - Buying games are

2. Buying the Three Months Promotional Xbox Game Pass PC with Gift Card Codes

in XBoX on Windows
    Buying the Three Months Promotional Xbox Game Pass PC with Gift Card Codes: Hi! I was looking to buy Xbox Game Pass PC's first 3 months Promotional Plan for $1 with Gift Card Codes. I have no valid credit cards to use as an international payment. I was looking forward...
  3. Can’t access games with gold just keeps freezing only lets me buy them permanently but wtf...

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t access games with gold just keeps freezing only lets me buy them permanently but wtf...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Nevouti [link] [comments]
  4. buying games

in XBoX Accessibility
    buying games: i went to go and get a game on my Xbox one, even though the game has been out for over 4 years! the games called transformers: the dark spark and i want to buy it but it wont let me...
  5. Compra de Jogos em mídia digital [Mod translation-Buying Games on Digital Media]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Compra de Jogos em mídia digital [Mod translation-Buying Games on Digital Media]: Olá, estou precisando comprar o Minecraft Xbox One Edition em mídia digital que não encontrei na loja da Microsoft( Foi retirado da loja após lançamento do Minecraft Bedrock), teria alguma outra...
  6. Can I buy a Xbox One S All-Digital Edition and migrate all of the games from an Xbox One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I buy a Xbox One S All-Digital Edition and migrate all of the games from an Xbox One S?: Son's older Xbox One Slim disc drive is acting up. Sometimes the games are not recognized. So we do the reboot method and then the games are recognized sometimes. If I got my son the newer Xbox...
  7. Cant download any games after buying game pass ultimate

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant download any games after buying game pass ultimate: Every time i try to download a game through the Xbox (beta) app I get a 0x80070057 or 0x00000001 I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both direct from store and from the webpage, I've reset...
  8. Comprar Jogos na Xbox site Americano[Translation-Buy Games on Xbox American website]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Comprar Jogos na Xbox site Americano[Translation-Buy Games on Xbox American website]: Estou tentando comprar jogos para Xbox One que não estão disponíveis aqui no Brasil e estão disponíveis no site americano Criei uma conta com endereço nos EUA e Cartão Internacional adicionado...
  9. How to buy Xbox 360 games using Microsoft account balance

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to buy Xbox 360 games using Microsoft account balance: When I'm on my Xbox 360 dashboard, it shows no credit, even though in my Microsoft account website there is credit. I've tried re-downloading my profile, didn't work. I can't seem to find Xbox 360...
  10. Error al comprar un juego, Error buying a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error al comprar un juego, Error buying a game: ESPAÑOL: Hola soy de argentina y mi problema es que al querer comprar el juego Mx Vs Atv Alive para xbox 360 la pagina me dice lo siguiente: Lo siento Su compra no se puede completar en este...