Buying Xbox 360 games on Xbox one with a gift card

Discus and support Buying Xbox 360 games on Xbox one with a gift card in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So today i went on the xbox one store and i always wanted to play Banjo Kazooie. Only problem, Its for xbox 360. Luckily you can play them on xbox one.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by XG5, Aug 3, 2019.

1. XG5
    XG5 Guest

So today i went on the xbox one store and i always wanted to play Banjo Kazooie. Only problem, Its for xbox 360. Luckily you can play them on xbox one. But i hate credit cards and so i bought a gift card instead because i prefer it this way. But apparantly
    i cant for some reason. My questions are, 1. Why am i not allowed to use a gift card? And second could you please for god sakes update it so i can buy it using my gift card. Thanks.

:)

2. QUEENMISFITS Win User

Why can't I buy 360 games on my Xbox One S?

If it is an xbox 360 compatible game, you won't be able to use gift cards for it. I had the same issue and was told that I had to buy it with a debit/ credit card or use the gift card on an xbox 360 to buy it then download it onto the xbox s. I ended up
    just using the debit card to buy it.
  3. Dakrkplayer2 Win User

STILL Can't Get Xbox One Minecraft Discount

I was you. I get a $25 XBOX gift card. Buy 360 version of the game. Then 72 hours later. Buy it on the one.
  4. TopAwesomePro Win User

Black ops 1 backwards compatibility

Don't have a Xbox 360 and don't have a credit card accept for a Xbox gift card and a Xbox one!! But still can't buy
  5. Ooh im good Win User

£50 xbox credit for £41.99 pus extra 5%off.

6. FreakRoach Win User

Better solutions! worst customer service!

Buying a game with account credit and Xbox gift card are one and the same thing, as when you redeem your gift card it will be added to your account credit. System has worked perfectly as it should. It's a well known information that Xbox 360 games can not
    be purchased using credit on Xbox One. I'm sorry to hear that you were not aware of this information and had bad experience with support.

Because Xbox git card is already redeemed, I do not think it can be refunded. You can probably use it to buy another Xbox One game during the upcoming sales. You will have to use your credit card or PayPal to purchase the Xbox 360 game.
Thema:

1. Buying Xbox 360 games on Xbox one with a gift card - Similar Threads - Buying 360 games

2. Can't buy Xbox 360 back compat games on Xbox One or Xbox.com

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy Xbox 360 back compat games on Xbox One or Xbox.com: Hi! I tried to buy Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles cause they are very cheap with Gold right now. But Xbox Store on my Xbox One says "You cant buy this game on Xbox One. Buy it on...
  3. Problem with buying a game for Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with buying a game for Xbox 360: I purchased a game (Raskulls) and I don't have it. But I don't have the money (I mean I had the money when I purchased the game, after that I didn't had the money and neither the game) What do I...
  4. Can’t buy a free 360 game on Xbox One

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can’t buy a free 360 game on Xbox One: It’s been 6 months I can’t buy a free (with gold) 360 game on my Xbox One, every time it says "add a payment method" even if it’s free. The problem is that I already have 3 different payment...
  5. Achat jeux 360 [Mod translation-Buy 360 games]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achat jeux 360 [Mod translation-Buy 360 games]: Bonjour, je narrive pas a acheter un jeux xbox 360 depuis mon interface store de xbox one live! Cela m’indique que je dois changer mon mode de paiement ? Alors jarrive sur une nouvelle page sur le...
  6. Xbox 360 buying a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 buying a game: I am trying to buy an xbox 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox one x console and when I try to it tells me to do it from xbox.com and when I go on xbox.com it tells me to buy it on my xbox...
  7. Why can't I buy 360 games on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I buy 360 games on my Xbox One S?: So I got 2 gift cards to use on my One S digitally and seeing as how I'm a Sonic fan, I wanted to use them on Sonic Generations, Unleashed, Adventure 1, and 2. I input the codes and I try to...
  8. How to buy Xbox 360 games using Microsoft account balance

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to buy Xbox 360 games using Microsoft account balance: When I'm on my Xbox 360 dashboard, it shows no credit, even though in my Microsoft account website there is credit. I've tried re-downloading my profile, didn't work. I can't seem to find Xbox 360...
  9. Unable to buy xbox 360 game from the store

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Unable to buy xbox 360 game from the store: Hello Merry Christmas to all Here is the thing, I'm trying to buy old xbox 360 game Ninja Gaiden 2 from the store and it won't let me after I press confirm it just shows me error message unable...
  10. I can't buy any Xbox 360 games from either my web browser on Windows and from my Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't buy any Xbox 360 games from either my web browser on Windows and from my Xbox One: Hi! I can't buy any Xbox 360 game from Windows, using Firefox or Internet Explorer or Google Chrome latest editions, and either from my Xbox One. I have lost the latest two Xbox 360 games from...