Buzzing 360 when on - not reading disks.

Discus and support Buzzing 360 when on - not reading disks. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just to clarify on the title - I get the buzzing when the system is on the dashboard - not when I play a game from the disc drive. From what I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GeoffBeaton, Jan 21, 2014.

1. GeoffBeaton
    GeoffBeaton Guest

Just to clarify on the title - I get the buzzing when the system is on the dashboard - not when I play a game from the disc drive.

From what I've read, this sounds like a fan issue.

This is an original 360 bought in 2008. What are my options for repair?

Thanks.

:)

GeoffBeaton, Jan 21, 2014
  2. Yinob
    Yinob Guest
    Weird noises coming from console

What kind of "weird noises" are? Is that whistle, or is it buzzing? If its just buzzing, propably your xbox is reading the gmae disk.

Yinob, Jan 21, 2014
  3. Xbox One Buzzing

I have had my Xbox One for a little over a year. Today it started buzzing when I insert a disk- tried inserting game, and then tried inserting DVD. The console buzzes no matter the type of disk. Everything appears to be working; the console is still reading
    everything just fine. Is the buzzing something I need to be concerned about?

NitrousButton94, Jan 21, 2014
  4. TECHNOx420
    TECHNOx420 Guest

go to myservice.xbox.com sign in your your MSA and password, register your console if its not already. under warranty a repair would be done at no cost to you, but with no warranty its $99 USD

TECHNOx420, Jan 21, 2014
  5. TECHNOx420 Win User

go to myservice.xbox.com sign in your your MSA and password, register your console if its not already. under warranty a repair would be done at no cost to you, but with no warranty its $99 USD
  6. Yinob Win User

Weird noises coming from console

What kind of "weird noises" are? Is that whistle, or is it buzzing? If its just buzzing, propably your xbox is reading the gmae disk.
  7. Nix99-981D62F5-A2F9- Win User

Far cry 3 disc error

If the disk drive makes an increesed buzzing noise (Louder than normal) while the disk is spinning, You may have an unbalanced disk. Which means when it spins up to read the disk will be vibrating inside the drive making it unreadable.

This could also explain why the disk can read some times but not all the time, due to the faster the disk spins the worse the problem will be.
  8. SwimCrayfish986 Win User

0x80820002

And the disk drive “buzz buzz” no matter what kind of disk I put into it。 the box manufacture date is 2014/03
  9. rafidbn93 Win User

Xbox One buzzing sound

I have Forza motorsport 5 and fifa 15 on electric distribution(code) insalled on hard disk.I have buzzing in menu (when not playing game) .When playing game xbox one is silence.When i put disk with movie xbox buzzing ;/ .Xbox is silence when im PLAYING.
    :)
Thema:

1. Buzzing 360 when on - not reading disks. - Similar Threads - Buzzing 360 reading

2. Headset Buzzing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Buzzing: Hello, I really need Help. I bought a wired Controller use it together with a turtle Beach Headset, wich is connected by a 3.5mm Jack ONLY. People in my party can hear a loud buzz, wich I can't...
  3. Xbox one controller electrical buzzing noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller electrical buzzing noise: Just bought a xbox one controller with wireless adapter and used it with my pc for 2 hours, then i connected a usb cable and noticed a kind of electrical buzzing or humming noise. If the...
  4. Loud Buzzing From Xbox 360 Slim?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loud Buzzing From Xbox 360 Slim?: Recently, I've been playing Red Dead Redemption on my Slim. I noticed a very loud buzzing noise, is there something wrong with my system? This sound occurs as soon as the game is launched. I've...
  5. Xbox 360 Slim is making a loud buzzing noise when playing a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Slim is making a loud buzzing noise when playing a game: Hello, i got this Xbox 360 Slim for at lest one year ago and when i got it it was quit and now when i play like Skyrim, (sometimes) Call of Duty, and resident evil 6. its make a buzzing noise...
  6. Loud humming and buzzing from 360 slim.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loud humming and buzzing from 360 slim.: Hey everyone. My 360 slim is making a loud humming and buzzing noise when I play games like GTA V, Destiny and FIFA 15 (possibly more, I have not tried Skyrim yet). It's really annoying and I am...
  7. Loud Buzzing from Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loud Buzzing from Xbox 360: I've had my Xbox 360 for quite a while now and it has always had a bit of a humming noise (I'm assuming it's the fan) but now the noise has gotten louder and is accompanied with an inconsistent...
  8. Xbox 360 S - Makes a loud buzzing noise when opening the disk tray?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S - Makes a loud buzzing noise when opening the disk tray?: I bought a second hand xbox just yesterday (matte 250gb slim model) and it seems then occasionally when i open the disk drive and the disk stops spinning, it makes a loud buzzing noise and then...
  9. Xbox 360 Arcade buzzing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Arcade buzzing: For about a year now when I play a game, especially a more recent game, my Xbox 360 Arcade, which I have had for 5 years makes a loud buzzing noise that borders on distracting and I fear damage to...
  10. Xbox 360 Slim Making A Loud Buzzing Noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Making A Loud Buzzing Noise: As soon as I turn on my xbox 360 slim it starts make a really loud buzzing noise. It doesn't stop until I turn it off. Any ideas on what the problem could be? e3aecb08-1e5d-494a-a4d3-d04bbe71f478