Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War app update stuck at 100% cannot even uninstall game either

Discus and support Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War app update stuck at 100% cannot even uninstall game either in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One, and today, Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War downloaded and installed an update, then issued a message saying "finishing things up"... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Robert Bone, May 5, 2021.

1. Robert Bone
    Robert Bone Guest

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War app update stuck at 100% cannot even uninstall game either

I have an Xbox One, and today, Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War downloaded and installed an update, then issued a message saying "finishing things up" which also had a progress bar, that eventually finished, except that it didn't.

The update is showing 100%, but has the message "Updating" as well, and is somehow 'stuck' in the process of updating, going on for more than 2 hours. It keeps on going to the Queue when I click on the game launch icon.

I have a Gigabyte/sec internet download speed, so it is not having any kind of download issues.

I then tried to uninstall the game, and THAT failed, giving me an error, 8007064e, that is not listed on the xbox.com/errorhelp screen.

I then attempted to contact support, only to get a message that neither phone nor web chat support is available for this issue.

Any ideas?

:)

Robert Bone, May 5, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @Robert Bone! I hope that you are doing well!

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

According to what you have explained, this may mean that there’s a game corruption issue which causes the game to not update successfully. To solve this issue, try the following solutions.

Solution 1: Restart your console:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center.
    2. Select Restart console.
    3. Select Restart
    Note If your Xbox is frozen, press and hold the console’s power button for 10 seconds. After the console shuts down, restart it.

If the game isn’t updating and you get the message again after restarting your Xbox, do one of the following.

Solution 2: Close or suspend any running game:

1. On the Home screen, navigate to your most recently run game.
    2. With the game highlighted, press the Menu button and select Quit.
    Solution 3: Reset while keeping games and apps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console.
    3. On the confirmation dialog, choose Reset and keep my games & apps.
    4. In your games list, select your partially installed game to open its detail page in the Microsoft Store. Complete the installation by selecting Install.
    As an alternative to resetting your Xbox, you could delete and reinstall your game. Depending on the size of the game, this could take longer than resetting.

Solution 4: Delete and reinstall the game:

1. From the Home screen, select My games & apps > Games.
    2. Select the game, press the Menu button , and select Uninstall > Uninstall all.
    3. Go to the Ready to install tab, find the game, and reinstall it.
    I hope this helps you out! wish you a lovely day!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Pasquale C. Win User

COD Modern Warfare series x

Hi!

Maybe you have the Xbox One version of COD Cold War and you see that message because the Xbox One version cannot be upgraded to Xbox Series X. You can find more informations about COD Cold War editions here:

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Editions FAQ

Regards
  4. AllAlexi Win User

Call of Duty Black Ops Cross Gen Upgrade

5. QuiGonGym1104 Win User

Pre-download

What version of the game have you purchased? The series X/S versions will not be available to Pre-install until November 10th 2020 according to the following:

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Install dates

Without further information I cannot pin down the exact issue but hope this works for you!
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox series x

If the game is Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War or Assassin's Creed Valhalla, then the developers of the games are aware of the issue in regard to console shut down. They are working on a fix.
Thema:

1. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War app update stuck at 100% cannot even uninstall game either - Similar Threads - Call Duty Black

2. call of duty black ops 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    call of duty black ops 4: Why do you get so easily banned on xbox chat for offensive chat toward others when everyday i deal with cheaters playing Black Ops 4??? how do we avoid the cheaters?? better yet how do we get rid...
  3. Call of duty black ops

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty black ops: for a few months now we have not been able to load or play our private match custom games. is there an issue and will it be fixed? b21b4a6e-fb20-43ed-a6bc-bf7b89aa9f85
  4. Call of duty black oops cold war

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty black oops cold war: I baught the game and now it won't work 29163bca-0009-49f4-a7b1-7bf5eed72fd9
  5. Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War: I need help with this issue i cant not play cold wat for some reason the game doesnt load up it stay the female character 47b7c590-863b-446e-9103-a28eea1196e6
  6. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War crashing or not loading SOLUTION

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War crashing or not loading SOLUTION: Hello, I want to share a solution that I found on YouTube on how to fix Black Ops Cold War not launching/ crashing. I have posted separately on this matter, but I want to have it easily...
  7. Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War

in XBoX Accessibility
    Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War: I purchased the Ultimate Edition of the game and can't play it. Xbox a multi million dollar company backed by a multi billion dollar company Microsoft, and two multi million dollar companies...
  8. Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War is NOT working on Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War is NOT working on Xbox One S: I felt like I needed to bring awareness to the fact that Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War will not load on my Xbox One S. It launches, but it will stay stuck on the Season 3 loading screen until...
  9. Call of duty black ops: Cold War

in XBoX on Consoles
    Call of duty black ops: Cold War: I just got my xbox series X and i installed black ops cold war and whenever i try to boot the game up it shows the art of the game like normal but then just boots me back to the homescreen, i have...
  10. Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War Crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War Crashing: I purchased Cold War back in January and was able to play it without trouble until season 2 came out. Ever since then, the game crashes before it can get to the main menu or crashes while loading...