Call Of Duty Cold War won't update or uninstall

Discus and support Call Of Duty Cold War won't update or uninstall in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently run into trouble with Cold War (Just like everybody else) as the released update won't install, and I am not even able to delete... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jessoim, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Jessoim
    Jessoim Guest

Hello, I have recently run into trouble with Cold War (Just like everybody else) as the released update won't install, and I am not even able to delete the game and re-install it. I cleared my local saved games, have hard reset my
    console countless times, and am just confused. Whenever I click to uninstall the game disappears from my games and apps but still takes up the same space it used to. Then when I Hard reset, It's magically back in my games in apps. Whenever I update it I get
    the "installation stopped" message, nothing seems to work. All I want to do is play zombies.

BTW, Yes, my Xbox console is up to date

:)

Jessoim, Dec 10, 2020
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @Jessoim, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the installation situation, but I want you not to worry about it because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh.
    I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console to check if it's
    installing this time.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the installation related troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot game or app installation problems on Xbox One | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
  3. HeadShotDKO1987 Win User

Cold war

Call of duty cold war is not working
  4. Pasquale C. Win User

COD Modern Warfare series x

Hi!

Maybe you have the Xbox One version of COD Cold War and you see that message because the Xbox One version cannot be upgraded to Xbox Series X. You can find more informations about COD Cold War editions here:

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Editions FAQ

Regards
  5. LisaDeshaies Win User

Xbox Series X shutting off during game play

Call of Duty: Cold War and it happened twice during Modern Warfare
  6. AllAlexi Win User

Call of Duty Black Ops Cross Gen Upgrade

Thema:

1. Call Of Duty Cold War won't update or uninstall - Similar Threads - Call Duty Cold

2. call of duty warfare an cold

in XBoX on Consoles
    call of duty warfare an cold: i just brought the cold war to see if any changes i have not been able to play since november my area is Detroit mi it gave me an error code of abcdefghi something like that then it saying it...
  3. Call of Duty Cold War

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Cold War: We continue to have issues with the XBOX "freezing" up while playing Call of Duty Cold War. At this time it is a complete waste of time and money. We have turned off tracing, cleared cache as well...
  4. Call of duty cold war says it's currupte and nothing I try works.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty cold war says it's currupte and nothing I try works.: SO this has been going on for a while now When ever I try to launch cold war it says that the games currupted and that I need to uninstall it then reinstall I have done that at lest a dozen times...
  5. Call of Duty Cold War

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Cold War: I own cold ware and all is up to date. Game will not play (trail version ended) How do i get this fixed? 3a4679ac-3ed5-4bc0-80ac-82c7bb9eedc5
  6. Call of duty black ops cold war

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty black ops cold war: I can't install the conten packs, but I can install the game, campain, multiplayer, zombies and dead ops arcade. What I do? 1fc2ad5e-e505-4cec-8fe7-38e26136575b
  7. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War keeps on crashing on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War keeps on crashing on Xbox Series X: On my Xbox Series X, Black Ops Cold War keeps on crashing. I have done everything online to try and fix this problem, but nothing seems to be working. I have the right version installed,...
  8. I am still getting the Blackout Trial error for Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am still getting the Blackout Trial error for Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War.: I have uninstalled and reinstalled countless times. I have signed out and in. Used a different profile. Reset my network connection. Changed my DNS settings. I have power cycled my Xbox. I.have...
  9. Xbox Series X Call of Duty Cold War 120hz setting locked.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Call of Duty Cold War 120hz setting locked.: Hi, I have an LG OLED CX series 4K TV that is capable of 4K at 120hz. I was able to set my Xbox X to 4K @ 120hz in the settings and play COD Cold War at 120hz. However, just recently when I go...
  10. Call of duty black ops cold war

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty black ops cold war: hi everyone, three days ago I switched from xbox one s to xbox series s. I must say that I was very impressed by the compactness of this console and the ease of running games etc. But I have had a...